• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach was amazing!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Good for you that you managed to get ocean view in the 1 BR condo. :cool:

Please, post a picture of the palm trees directly in front of you and to the right where you have a clear view of the beach and ocean in this thread or later when you are home. TIA.

All ninth floor views in the 1, 2 and 3 BR condos have spectacular ocean views! What unit number are you staying at?

Post later if you feel more secure with that. Have a great vacation in Maui. :) Our turn is far away yet but always looking forward to it all year long.
We just got a call from the front desk and they are letting us stay in the 1 bedroom ocean frnt 4th floor room for our last week They truly do try to take good care of you in Hyatt. I will try and review how to download pictures to post the view. If I cant figure it out I'll ask the kids when I get home.

taffy19

Reaction score
We just got a call from the front desk and they are letting us stay in the 1 bedroom ocean frnt 4th floor room for our last week They truly do try to take good care of you in Hyatt. I will try and review how to download pictures to post the view. If I cant figure it out I'll ask the kids when I get home.
Thank you. Yes, the front desk is really accommodating to do that for you! Everyone treats us like that and like we are family. That’s how we feel when we are there. I wished we were there right now. :)

WahooWah

Reaction score
My responses in ALL CAPS

Yes, we definitely have to agree to disagree.

1. Definitely did not sense a lot of people at the beach directly in back of HKB. The Hyatt Hotel and Marriott guests tend to stay at their respective beaches. We rented a hut for a day, and only 2 or 3 people were on the beach in front of us the whole day.

2. Very upscale and exclusive feel. Guess it depends on what you're comparing it to. In terms of feel, reminded us of Beaver Creek.

3. Boardwalk directly in back of HKB was never crowded. We have stayed at WKORV and Nanea. There are approx. 1500 units between the 3 Westins; the boardwalk there is definitley more crowded, and it's not even close. THIS IS JUST NOT TRUE. THE BOARDWALK AT KA'ANAPALI NORTH IS A LOT LESS CROWDED THAN THE KA'ANAPALI BEACHWALK

4. Disagree. Hyatt Regency guests tend to stay near that resort.

5. True, that the 2 BR units at HKB overlook the pool, but we never had a problem with noise, and the view cannot be beat. AGAIN, TOTALLY DISAGREE. HYATT IS POSITIONED TOWARDS MALA PIER. THE VIEW OF MOLOKAI IS COMPLETELY CUT OFF. THIS EXCLUDES FULL VIEWS OF SUNSETS ALMOST ANY TIME OF YEAR. HOW CAN YOU BEAT THE FULL SUNSET VIEWS WITH LANAI AND MOLOKAI AT THE WESTIN AND MARRIOTT?

6. Retractable doors are great.

7. The lanai, along with furnishings, is probably one of the nicest (at TSs) in Maui.

8. Agree

9. Agree

10. While you may not spend a lot of time in the lobby, you spend a good amount of time walking through it. They really missed it with the lobby at Nanea. It is hideous.

11. No comparison. This part of the Kaanapali beach area is nicer handsdown. AGAIN TOTAL DISAGREEMENT. IT IS ALL LAVA ROCK IN FRONT OF THE HYATT.

12. The beach area is very nice, relatively wide, and fewer people, relative to the Westins. Perhaps, you ventured into the Hyatt Regency and Marriott beach areas. SEE RESPONSE TO 11 AND PREVIOUS POSTER'S POINT ABOUT THE BEACH IN FRONT OF NAPILI TOWER

ALSO, NO LOCK-OFFS AT HYATT. THIS IS HUGE!

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
We just checked in today for a week in a 2BR after a couple days at the Westin Nanea in a 1BR. HRC put us on the 10th floor with 2 kings, as we requested. I'm not sure what I can add to what's already been said. The property is very nice. I did run into the grill-by-reservation right off the bat. Ended up in the kitchen instead.

We're going to end the trip after a week here with a couple nights at the Andaz.

58173457170__530F728D-9255-4026-BDFE-A5E282EACDC0.jpeg

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To add to comparing Westin Kaanapali to Hyatt , smaller details: There is music every evening in Westin as opposed to 2 nights at Hyatt, coffee cups are tiny at Westin maybe it is just the studio? The coffee maker not as nice also. Better views for exchangers at Hyatt. Discount cards at Westin are nice.It is much easier to get in at Westin. Conclusion so far .glad we have access to both.I will add to this as we spend more time here

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
To add to comparing Westin Kaanapali to Hyatt , smaller details: There is music every evening in Westin as opposed to 2 nights at Hyatt, coffee cups are tiny at Westin maybe it is just the studio? The coffee maker not as nice also. Better views for exchangers at Hyatt. Discount cards at Westin are nice.It is much easier to get in at Westin. Conclusion so far .glad we have access to both.I will add to this as we spend more time here

I own at Westin and stayed a week last year at Hyatt. They are both very nice but since I can nit pick, I would just say "why don't the chairs have cushions like at the WKORV-North", I heard this several times from my group. lol....

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own at Westin and stayed a week last year at Hyatt. They are both very nice but since I can nit pick, I would just say "why don't the chairs have cushions like at the WKORV-North", I heard this several times from my group. lol....
ha ha , nice we get the opportunity to compare. You are right about the cushions! While in many ways I prefer Hyatt .The view, being a dessert gal who needs her ocean fix ,is most important. Westin however is very fun. I think we stay out of the room more since our view is less than desirable .They do have a better happy hr. 11 to 12 at Hyatt is usually not when I feel like a drink but early evening while listening to music at north is optimal. Westin also has drink of the day and more grills. They are usually open.We also got 2 welcome gifts for celebrations at Westin, maybe because we were disappointed in our room.Hyatt hotels do that but not the resorts. I am extremely grateful I own at both due to TUG!