• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pinion Pointe Phase 2

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Looking to pick up a resale at PP. Wondering about the views and steps for the Phase #2 buildings. We need a 2bdrm and don’t mind not being near the Activity Center.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Phase 2 is quieter. Most second floor views are good, and some units are accessible without using stairs. Look at Google Earth, this gives a good idea of unit locations, views and stairs.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
It's always a personal choice, of course, but my own opinion is that far and away the best view units at Pinon Pointe are the 2nd and 3rd floor units in Buildings 1-5, which look east toward Snoopy Rock. I will also point out that there are a number of units facing north that are downright awful, looking mainly into parking lots and cell phone towers. It's a wonderful resort in a spectacularly beautiful place, but you do need to be very selective in buying there.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
Given that I recently purchased a 3rd floor unit in Building 1, I agree with WalnutBaron's assessment! Viewing the resort on Google Earth is a good idea. Some of those Phase 2 buildings result in a longer walk to the shops and some don't have good views. If you purchase one though, you definitely want a second floor unit.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
It's always a personal choice, of course, but my own opinion is that far and away the best view units at Pinon Pointe are the 2nd and 3rd floor units in Buildings 1-5, which look east toward Snoopy Rock. I will also point out that there are a number of units facing north that are downright awful, looking mainly into parking lots and cell phone towers. It's a wonderful resort in a spectacularly beautiful place, but you do need to be very selective in buying there.

We stayed in one of those “awful rooms facing north” last Thanksgiving. Unit 722, I think. We had a lot of bike gear and wanted to be able to park right outside the door and roll our stuff into the unit, not have to carry the mountain bikes up and down stairs.

Although the entry door for the unit faces north, the unit itself faces south. The balcony looks into a little courtyard area between building 7 and the activities center. It was quiet and we quite liked it. I’m not arguing that it’s a great unit, just that we’ve been in units in phase 2 that were lots of steps, an inconvenient walk to pool area, and no view.

This unit in comparison had a view of a quiet nicely landscaped courtyard (the studio had the cell phone tower parking lot view though, our guest was in there but only slept there), was a two minute walk from pool, hot tub, fire pit, etc. I still probably wouldn’t buy that unit, but I’d be ok staying in it again.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I agree on a 2nd or 3rd floor unit being preferred.
I've never stayed there but we did visit the resort to look around the physical situation of the buildings.
Bldgs 13, 14, 18 & 19 are built below street grade, so that the 1st floor is a quite bit below the street.
There are a few steps to the 2nd floors of those bldgs.
I can't quite remember bldgs. 15-17 or 20-21, I think those bldgs' 1st floor unit entrances were pretty much at street level.
I'd have to check pictures to be sure.

Some of the bldg. 9 units looked like they could have less natural light (we were there on a sunny day in late September).

Last edited:

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
I think the top floors of building 15 may be the best of the Phase 2 buildings. Building 15 has a similar easterly orientation as buildings 1 and 2 (nicer mountain views), it has the highest elevation of the phase 2 buildings, and has a shorter walk to up town shops.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I did find an option in Building 14. Although not ideal for views, for a family of 7, it will work.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did find an option in Building 14. Although not ideal for views, for a family of 7, it will work.
What week(s) are you looking for? There is a week 25 (1880 points) available in Redweek in unit 133 for $5,500.

You might be able to see some decent sunsets from building 14 though.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
What week(s) are you looking for? There is a week 25 (1880 points) available in Redweek in unit 133 for $5,500.

You might be able to see some decent sunsets from building 14 though.
I was looking more at the points, we want to try for Spring Break in April. I prefer not to do our Ski week but that’s an option as well.

Reaction score
Looking to pick up a resale at PP. Wondering about the views and steps for the Phase #2 buildings. We need a 2bdrm and don’t mind not being near the Activity Center.
If you are looking for points to use at any of the Hyatt properties, I own at Hacienda Del Mar, 1400 points, every year, and am literally trying to give it away. Due to financial hardships, we just can't cover the maintenance any longer. I'd even cover the closing costs for you. If you're interested, let me know!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
If you are looking for points to use at any of the Hyatt properties, I own at Hacienda Del Mar, 1400 points, every year, and am literally trying to give it away. Due to financial hardships, we just can't cover the maintenance any longer. I'd even cover the closing costs for you. If you're interested, let me know!
Sorry, we are closing on one. Did you offer through TUG? That’s how I was able to purchase my Wild Oaks.