• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham owner

LukeTN

Reaction score
Hello all,

My family was vacationing in Myrtle Beach last week and we go roped into going to one of the timeshare presentations. My father decided to purchase one, He purchased 126K points for quiet a bit of money. I am trying to talk him out of rescinding it, and finding a reseller here or ebay if he is serious about doing it. I'm not having much luck convincing him otherwise.

Whats the major difference (besides cash) between buying directly from Wyndham, vs a reseller?
If bought from a reseller do we not get certain things? I know he got 2 years of 300K bonus points.

Im afraid 1) he was overcharged and 2) 126k points isn't enough for the whole family.

Suggestions, ideas to talk to him about this? He bought it on Tuesday the 4th.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Cash is THE most important difference. He most certainly overpaid for something that could be had for thousands less. There are some benefits to buying direct from Wyndham, but they're not worth the difference in cost of resale vs developer.

126k isn't a lot of points...likely NOT enough for the whole family. it'll get you a week in a studio at some resorts... maybe a 1bdrm at a few older resorts off-season. The 300k bonus points are a tease to get you interested in VIP status. They'll keep trying to convince you to buy more to maintain that status.

Suggestions... show him prices on TUG Marketplace or eBay. Also check redweek and/or Sumdayvacations.com

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ouch, the rescission period for south carolina is only 5 days, would urge him to rescind asap even if only for the peace of mind of just LOOKING at the resale market where you can have your pick of 126k wyndham packages for 99% less than what he paid!

after today if he signed on the 4th, he will no longer have the option to rescind!

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Rescind!!

If he still feels that he got the absolute best deal I’m pretty sure. Like 100% sure the resort will still sell him even though they told him at 4pm today the deals off!!

Tell him to do a little research. Then decide

It’s not about what you make.... it’s about what you keep!!!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Rescind! Tell him he only has one tiny window to rescind, and unlimited time to get the same (or better) deal from Wyndham, or purchase resale, after doing copious research.

LukeTN

Reaction score
Spoke to him and we are going to try to Rescind. We purchased on Tuesday, and Sunday doesn't count so hopefully if we get it out today it'll be okay. Its going certified and return receipt. The fire tablet and rescind letter are going. Anything else that needs to be returned as well?

LukeTN

Reaction score
So the contract was signed on a Tuesday. Does Tuesday count as day 1?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
just send it in with a postmark of today...dont wait.

the important date is the postmark, not when they get it.

LukeTN

Reaction score
Done and done, said it'll be there tomorrow. Hopefully they will let us cancel it. Then comes the fun of researching what we actually want/need :)

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update, received an email this morning that the rescission was successful. Time to shop around and see if timesharing is what we really want to do.
Good deal! You dodged that bullet, and recognize that there is more to this than simply deciding WHICH TS to buy. I did the same thing. Put it on the 'back burner', and thought it over for several years. I rented some TS weeks along the way to get the feel for what was available. Meanwhile, I got married to someone I hadn't even known when I first looked into TS. Funny, the twists and turns life hands you. Then with a few vacations, and money a little easier to spend without upsetting the important stuff, like a roof over the head and looking retirement, timesharing became more do-able. So don't rush into something. Today, you can rent a TS easily and cheaper than owning.

Good Luck!

Jim