• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking Spring Break Hawaii, Summer Italy--advice needed

MuggleMoi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Ocean Enclave
Hi,
We've got BP to use as well as our 2020 points for next year. As newbies we're trying to figure this all out to the best advantage. We want to go to Kings Landing for set dates--March 14-28th, to coincide with spring break. Then in early July of 2020 we want to go to Italy. We will be booking flights for Italy before we can book HGVC.

Which location be harder to book? Is one better with BP or CP?

I am thinking that one could be done using BP and the other our Club Points but will only be able to walk the reservation with CP.

If we use BP for Hawaii does that mean waiting until March 25 is available to try and book the 14-28? We want to get the lowest point 2 bedroom for both trips.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
If we use BP for Hawaii does that mean waiting until March 25 is available to try and book the 14-28?
If March 28, 2020 is your checkout date, then you can not book the complete two weeks at one time until June 26, 2019

I think that Italy will be harder to book but you have set fix dates for HI so to me that also is a problem. Here is probably what I suggest (hopefully others will also give their options):

• Book HI using club points walking the reservation. Once you have the complete 2 weeks, call CS and have them switch the reservation to use your BP. This will probably required another reservation fee but the CS might also wave it.
  • Now that you have your club points back, then book Italy using club points (again walking the reservation).

MuggleMoi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Ocean Enclave
That’s a great suggestion. Are there any issues with switching from BP to club points or is that a normal option?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Are there any issues with switching from BP to club points or is that a normal option?

Yes. the issue will be that in order to switch, the first reservation must be cancelled and then rebooked. So there is a possibility the someone else might grab the reservation. That is why I would call this in to CS. This is also why you might be charged another reservation fee. But honestly, I think that the chances of losing the reservation is low because Orlando's system is much faster.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
When a Hilton CSR releases a reservation is it immediately available to them to rebook, or do they face the same delay that the website has with releasing space and showing as booked?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
When a Hilton CSR releases a reservation is it immediately available to them to rebook
It is immediately available for them to rebook. That is the reason that I would suggest that you call this into to CSR because of the delays in the web site for us users. I actually have done this many times for different reasons than OP and haven't had any issues so far.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're also open to the other locations on the BI (Bay Club, Kohala), the I would think that the Hawai'i part should be pretty easy to get. We've never stayed at Kings Land, so I don't know about the dynamics there, but the others are relatively easy (and fewer points).

Cheers.