• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Points Resorts

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
In the old days the directory had an little indicator if a resort was an RCI points resorts.

I can't find that indicator now. There is nothing in our Tug Reviews or on RCI. So how are you suppose to know which resorts are RCI Points?

Is there an up to date list some place?

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can also use the regular directory version in place of the flipbook version but you must sign in with a RCI Points account otherwise it will not show the RCI Points logo
It will look like this using a RCI points account
upload_2019-6-8_20-11-19.png

signed in with a week account or not signed in at all, it will look like this (no RCI Points logo)
upload_2019-6-8_20-16-57.png

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
my problem is I only have point via the portal accounts and when you log in via a portal it does not show that. The only way to find out is to look at availability, and it either gives you a calendar, or it gives you a list of weeks. Not a good method.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
my problem is I only have point via the portal accounts and when you log in via a portal it does not show that. The only way to find out is to look at availability, and it either gives you a calendar, or it gives you a list of weeks. Not a good method.
What specifically are you trying to find out? The fact that a resort is listed as a points resort means that there is at least one unit week that can be deposited into points inventory. It doesn't mean that it is mostly points inventory or that it is even still being sold as points units.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am trying to discover the resorts that play in the points game in St Martin. This is for later next year, so no inventory is even available to look at, but I am looking for options for my brother. My brother wants to look at the options and rule out ones he is not interested in, leaving me a potentially small viable list of option to search when the window opens up.

I would have never guessed that it would be that difficult to discover. The flipbook has the info, but searching it or navigating it is not an easy option. I just thought this would have been an easy question to answer.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Directory listed 19 resorts:

1151 1380 1516 1765 1858 1864 2637 2645 3179 3518 3984 9204 4219 4303 5205 6368 7628 7911 8484

Agreed it should be easier to sort the directory.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My suggestion is to do a search for 1 week+- exactly 10 months and specify that you are looking for 1-6 nights. Early April isn't particularly high season so it should give you an idea of which resorts are not only points resorts but the ones that auto deposit at 10 months. You might need to do it for 5 or 6 nights in a row just to make sure you catch the most popular ones that specifically deposit on the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only.

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are points resorts available to a weeks only owner? I have an OGS search on for a points resort and I am a weeks owner. Is this possible?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are points resorts available to a weeks only owner? I have an OGS search on for a points resort and I am a weeks owner. Is this possible?
Points inventory is not available to weeks only owners. Points inventory will also not match an OGS even for a points member. OGS generally only matches to weeks inventory. Points members looking for points inventory need to do manual searches ideally when the points inventory automatically drops into the system 12/11/10 months depending on your relationship to the requested resort.

Just because a resort is listed as a points resort doesn't mean that the inventory is only deposited into points inventory. In terms of Resorts with developer controlled inventory (Hilton, Wyndham, DVC, etc), the developer decides how much to deposit into weeks and how much into points. Generally more weeks inventory seems to be deposited.

For regular non developer controlled resorts, it depends on whether the depositor was a weeks or points owners. Most resort have at least as many weeks owners as points owners. There are a few resorts that were sold almost exclusively as points and have very few weeks owners- I know the Crane is one of those. There may be some others.

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for answering my question. Very helpful.:)