• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Building Requests for WKORV-N

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We have a studio reserved for North for 10 nights this summer. We booked exactly at 8 months but did not get ocean front. Which building should we request. I know there is no guarantee but if you can put in a request I'd like to try and optimize views. Where on line do you put in requests or is it too late after you have already booked it? Thanks in advance .

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
We have a studio reserved for North for 10 nights this summer. We booked exactly at 8 months but did not get ocean front. Which building should we request. I know there is no guarantee but if you can put in a request I'd like to try and optimize views. Where on line do you put in requests or is it too late after you have already booked it? Thanks in advance .
Not to hi-jack your thread BUT

I reserved a 2BR oceanfront checking in the day after Thanksgiving. What building should I request?

This way the info for this resort all views will be on one thread.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)

There are certain rooms I would not want at WKORVN. Generally, they are on the south side of the complex (facing WKORV and the pirate ship). Unless you are traveling with kids, the pirate ship is not an amenity. The worst of the bunch are units 6x36 - 6x44 -- this group of suites overlooks the central HVAC system for the complex and are noisy as a result. See: https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/wkorv-n-unit-map-w-numbers.77373/

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Not to hi-jack your thread BUT

I reserved a 2BR oceanfront checking in the day after Thanksgiving. What building should I request?

This way the info for this resort all views will be on one thread.

This one is easy; a high floor in building 8.

Most people requesting rooms will likely make the same request. The reservations with the earliest time stamps are the ones which will be assigned those views.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This one is easy; a high floor in building 8.

Most people requesting rooms will likely make the same request. The reservations with the earliest time stamps are the ones which will be assigned those views.
Thank you. If that is the case, what would be my second and third choice?
Or is high floor the thing to emphasize, rather than building number?

I reserved at 8 months 12:00 am.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Thank you. If that is the case, what would be my second and third choice?
Or is high floor the thing to emphasize, rather than building number?

I reserved at 8 months 12:00 am.

My second choice would be a high floor in building 5. What I don't know is how many of the preferred suites remained unreserved by owners before the eight month mark. My WKORVN stays were Interval exchanges without view preference (although they put us in OF units twice out of six exchanges).

The OF units to avoid are 5105-5116 (building 5; first floor -- see link to map in my prior post). Those units are behind the beach bar (Pailolo) and have impaired views as a result.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
The OF units to avoid are 5105-5116 (building 5; first floor -- see link to map in my prior post). Those units are behind the beach bar (Pailolo) and have impaired views as a result.

Oh, great! The last 3 times we were there, we were assigned rooms in both north and south that overlooked the Pirate Ship pool. We said we would not bother coming back because we always get this crappy view. We said we would only go back if we booked ocean front. So we have 2 weeks booked in ocean front at north. Now I know where we will be assigned.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I read somewhere that we could request only a building and a floor. Any idea what would be the best to request to get a view somewhat of the ocean. Last stay we had a nice view but I cant recall the building. Sounds like I should avoid building 6 as my granddaughter isn't coming this summer. Thank you for that information

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
iirc - location requests are no longer taken at WKORV/N because too many people were getting disappointed and then miffed (I personally saw this more than once). Their default is high floor closest to ocean.
I would only request a location if not their default (like 1st floor).

I made a SO exchange into WKORV (81K SOs at exactly 8 months out) with no request, and ended up in OFD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I read somewhere that we could request only a building and a floor. Any idea what would be the best to request to get a view somewhat of the ocean. Last stay we had a nice view but I cant recall the building. Sounds like I should avoid building 6 as my granddaughter isn't coming this summer. Thank you for that information

Many of the building 6 views are just fine -- the ones that look at the interior garden. A few have peek-a-boo views of water, but the garden itself is quite nice.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
iirc - location requests are no longer taken at WKORV/N because too many people were getting disappointed and then miffed (I personally saw this more than once). Their default is high floor closest to ocean.

I made a SO exchange into WKORV (81K SOs at exactly 8 months out) with no request, and ended up in OFD.

ok thank you. Appreciate the info.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Clarification: You can definitely request a high or low floor and a Bldg. number. What you can't do is use the words "ocean front" or "ocean view." You should submit your request using the special request function on the Vistana Dashboard, to make sure it is actually submitted. If you use a phone Rep, you have no idea what they entered.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Clarification: You can definitely request a high or low floor and a Bldg. number. What you can't do is use the words "ocean front" or "ocean view." You should submit your request using the special request function on the Vistana Dashboard, to make sure it is actually submitted. If you use a phone Rep, you have no idea what they entered.
Denise what building would you suggest?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Building 5 and 8 are the ocean front buildings, but the backside of Bldg. 5 faces the Pirate Ship pool and has no ocean view. So if it were me, I would request a high floor in Bldg. 8, but to be quite honest, it's a long shot. The 2nd option is just to request a high floor, because the view from a high floor in a non-ocean front building is often better than the bottom floor of an ocean front building. YMMV

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Building 5 and 8 are the ocean front buildings, but the backside of Bldg. 5 faces the Pirate Ship pool and has no ocean view. So if it were me, I would request a high floor in Bldg. 8, but to be quite honest, it's a long shot. The 2nd option is just to request a high floor, because the view from a high floor in a non-ocean front building is often better than the bottom floor of an ocean front building. YMMV
Thank you , appreciate your help!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Of all the units that are not classified as OF or OV I'd say Bldg 6 53-58 are the best for view and peace and quiet. Floor 2 has the advantage of being at lobby level but it or any floor above is good. The rooms above the lobby (starts on floor 3) 45-52 are also pretty nice and floor 3 I think have larger lanais.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

David, did you book oceanfront with your SOs ? I did book OF at exactly 8 months out.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
David, did you book oceanfront with your SOs ? I did book OF at exactly 8 months out.

No. I just made a typical 81K SO 1Bd booking at WKORV. The 1Bd OFD is 95.7K SOs.
‘Surprise and Delight’
We were given a 1st floor OFD villa and it was great (even with the offending hedge LOL).

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
It is correct that one can make non-specific location requests online. However...
Home Resort Owners (8-12 months out) get location priority which is already defaulted to high floor/closest to ocean.
You may get a ‘Surprise and Delight’ as a SO exchanger (as we did), but to set your expectations based on a location request will more likely end in disappointment - especially in high season. We have witnessed this a few times during checkin - with people berating the Front Desk, and a reason why these location request are limited.

If you are looking for something on 1st floor - or overlooking Pirate Ship (to keep eye on kids) or a Handicap villa - then one should have no issues getting their request. Otherwise, be prepared not to end up in a Premier location.

As a HR Owner of OFD that reserves at exactly 12 months - we have always been on 5-6th floors w/o request.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
btw...
Disclaimer at bottom of the Reservation Confirmation regarding location assignments.

8cc120ed84f2e51e2f3cd52e2ff3416d.jpg

01b187e48643fe6d0395fefefa56a576.jpg

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Great thread. Who do you call for building and high floor? the front desk? or another number

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The best practice is to submit it online on the Vistana Dashboard as a special request as soon as you make the reservation.

Scroll down and find the reservation
Click VIEW DETAILS
Click SPECIAL REQUESTS
Enter request in the text box
Agree to terms
Click SUBMIT

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We met someone today in the hot tub who was renting at WKORV and due to his elite Marriott lifetime status he was upgraded from a 2 bedroom to a 3 bedroom as well as to oceanfront. I didnt realize that hotel status helped in the resorts.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We met someone today in the hot tub who was renting at WKORV and due to his elite Marriott lifetime status he was upgraded from a 2 bedroom to a 3 bedroom as well as to oceanfront. I didnt realize that hotel status helped in the resorts.

So he’s at Nanea. And it’s not supposed to...in fact, the Marriott website clearly states
The Complimentary Enhanced Room Upgrade for Platinum Elite Members and above is available at all Participating Brands except at Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club, Aloft, Element and Vistana properties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk