• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Embarc Whistler Ski Availability

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I am considering purchasing resale Embarc points for the purpose of booking during high season or holidays. Is it a good/bad idea? How easy/hard is it to reserve the peak ski demand time in 1br/2br in Whistler?

middleoforchid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc, HPrincess, DSV2, MKO, MARtrust pts. Hokulani
Just did a search for Jan to Feb 2020---fair amount of availability throughout except Feb17 to Mar5 which seems a little sparse.
I live in Vancouver too, been member since 1968, so if you need some answers re Embarc, welcome to email/pmail me.

Angela

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
So February long weekend is not available. How about Christmas / New Years, or the second half of March when BC schools are on spring break? If those are not available now, was it easy or difficult to reserve when inventory was first released? I am most interested in the New Years. Should I buy Embarc points with a realistic expectation to reserve New Years in 1br or 2br in Whistler every time? Or is it a recipe for disappointment?

middleoforchid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc, HPrincess, DSV2, MKO, MARtrust pts. Hokulani
Looking at it now, availability from Jan1-10 is all broken up with only 1 or 2 days left for all accommodations.
Members usually will book 11 months out for "holiday" periods esp.during X'mas and New Years. I have always booked Feb/March in Zihuatenejo and there is never a problem and that is considered a high season in Mexico.

Bill4728

Reaction score
most all point based TS do not have 3-4 nights stays available during the highest demand because people reserve a whole week ( at least 6 nights) during the peak seasons. If you want to stay during the xmas - new years at whistler you should be able to reserve 6 nights at 11 months out but 3-4 nights will not be likely since you can't make that reservation till 6 months out.