• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Autopay and their confirmation letters

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Just be aware if you happen to change autopayment CC info, that you may get not only an autopay confirmation email but you might get additional email also entitled autopay confirmation email that is in reality an letter about the fact your autopay did not go through.

My account was never turned off. I never received another notice other than the 1 submitted, but apparently one autopay got declined in January.

It has taken until June for Wyndham to finally call me and notify me. They never sent another letter and there is absolutely no information on place on the financial page where you can look at payments that are posted, or a warning that you missed one.

I think Wyndham can do a better job at communicating this. I didn't get the notice.

Oh well. Paid now. But stupid on their part to wait for 4 months to notify me. All my other payments since then were just fine.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We had something similar happen to us 4 or 5 years ago. We got our credit card info stolen at a gas station pump. The credit card company took card of everything, closed our account and issued a new card. I went online and added the new card to our Wyndham account for our maintenance fee payments but it was only a few days before the date the payment comes out and their system can't handle that from what I later found out. If I'm remembering correctly what I was later told it takes at least a week to ten days to be on the safe side for the system to catch up when you add a new card. With two different credit card accounts and a statement closing date that means we sometimes had no payment one month and two the next I never caught that no payment came out for that month. It was I believe 4 months later we got notified we were in appears on our maintenance fee payments. I called financial services sure this was their error. The person I talked to was puzzled because she could see that we have always been on auto pay and never missed a payment in all the years we had been owners. After she dug back and figured it out she waited on the line while I brought up all the pertinent credit card statements to confirm what she found.

My comments to her were:
1. Why isn't there something on the website advising owners of the time needed to make sure your payment processes when you change your credit card information?
2. Why in the world would it take that long to notify us?
3. Why didn't the letter say something to the effect that the monthly payment from January, 201x, hadn't been made so I could have checked it out right away instead of focusing on telling us about how our account would be suspended and we wouldn't be able to use the resorts. I was totaling freaking out because of our experience with our credit card information being stolen and also because we had several really big reservations coming up that I worried they would cancel. And to make matters even worse by the time we opened the mail that evening financial services was closed and I had to wait until the next day to call.

Last edited:

Baby Jane

Reaction score
Just be aware if you happen to change autopayment CC info, that you may get not only an autopay confirmation email but you might get additional email also entitled autopay confirmation email that is in reality an letter about the fact your autopay did not go through.

My account was never turned off. I never received another notice other than the 1 submitted, but apparently one autopay got declined in January.

It has taken until June for Wyndham to finally call me and notify me. They never sent another letter and there is absolutely no information on place on the financial page where you can look at payments that are posted, or a warning that you missed one.

I think Wyndham can do a better job at communicating this. I didn't get the notice.

Oh well. Paid now. But stupid on their part to wait for 4 months to notify me. All my other payments since then were just fine.
We had a similar incident 2 years ago and there was no talking them out of the 5 months interest they charged. Since then we check credit card every month to make sure auto pay went through

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
This makes me wonder something else...converted fixed weeks stay converted as long as the fees are up to date, anyone know the definition of "up to date"? What if my card is compromised , or heck even just updated once the expiration date passes, and I forget to update it with Wyndham and they don't notify me for months? Is my converted fixed week now back to being a fixed week? That could get really ugly! I generally watch my charges come through anyway, but I'll be more diligent now. One of our resales is a converted week and I'd be so sad if it went back to being fixed.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I think in all of these cases 1 month payment got dropped, but the rent kept posting. So I think in that case they are considering it up to day with 1 late payment, which they keep charging for BTW.

Now if there notifications were better I would have realized it but I got two the same day with nearly identical titles. I assumed they were both for the same thing.