• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wild Oak Ranch Preview Upgrades

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
I received the 3-night Studio $95 preview offer today for Wild Oak Ranch. I just happen to have a reservation there already for 4 nights in a 1BR using the owner discount on Hyatt.com. I'd love to reduce the price of the trip with a few hours of my lazy river time, but not for a studio. Has anyone had experience receiving a larger unit and/or an additional day, and what has the upcharge been in your experience?

(I could have sworn I read a thread on this topic, but the search is coming up empty. Apologies if this has been discussed.)

Last edited:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I received the 3-night Studio $95 preview offer today for Wild Oak Ranch. I just happen to have a reservation there already for 4 nights in a 1BR using the owner discount on Hyatt.com. I'd love to reduce the price of the trip with a few hours of my lazy river time, but not for a studio. Has anyone had experience receiving a larger unit and/or an additional day, and what has the upcharge been in your experience?

(I could have sworn I read a thread on this topic, but the search is coming up empty. Apologies if this has been discussed.)
There is an upgrade price we did years ago but cant recall what the price was. It was not substantial but things change frequently especially with someone else running the show. I would check with Hyatt

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
what is the the owner discount and how does it work ?

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can reserve on Hyatt.com. When making the reservation use discount code HRCOD and you will be shown the discounted price.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can reserve on Hyatt.com. When making the reservation use discount code HRCOD and you will be shown the discounted price.

does it work at all Hyatt timeshares ? does it work on hotels also?

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
it only works for certain dates. Does it have like a 60 days or less window ???

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
does it work at all Hyatt timeshares ? does it work on hotels also?

The code only works for the timeshare resorts. On the payment screen it will require ownership details. I’m not aware of a window, but it is based on availability. At some resorts, even during Diamond weeks, it is substantial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had better luck (lower price) when booking the “Member Rate - Advanced Booking” (member meaning world of Hyatt member, not HRC member) rate. Not sure if it’s because I was looking so far in advance that the HRCOD rate had not become available yet, or if the other one is truly a better price.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
looking farther out the AAA rate or Hyatt member rate is better but looking at 60 days or less the HRC code rate was better . I wonder if there a rule or if it is random. The HRC code only appears to work at timeshares

CoryW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View
If one of my closest friends is an owner, could he use the code and his ownership details to book a couple nights for me? Do they allow guest certificates?

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If one of my closest friends is an owner, could he use the code and his ownership details to book a couple nights for me? Do they allow guest certificates?

They seem to be pretty strict about ownership.

“Guest must be an owner, joint owner, or joint members who are listed on an owners account at the time of booking. In order to qualify for this rate, HRC owner must be in good standing and have paid all membership fees, Dues, and taxes.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a benefit for owners and is enforced. The rate is sometimes okay and other times you can find a better rate on other sites.

CoryW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View
This is a benefit for owners and is enforced. The rate is sometimes okay and other times you can find a better rate on other sites.
Thanks for the information!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk