• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Kauai booking

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
When did this property come online for booking?? It looks like the first available date for booking is March 1 and will not work for our trip this year - oh darn, we'll have to slum it at the Marriott Kaua'i Beach Club - but it looks great!

upload_2019-1-18_14-26-19.png

upload_2019-1-18_14-28-0.png

upload_2019-1-18_14-26-19.png upload_2019-1-18_14-28-0.png

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I book 6 days 1 bedroomat Sheraton Kauai but look like room is small but requires the same amount of staroptions as Westin princeville. 1 bedroom here is only for 2 people and 2 bedroom has capacity for 4 people

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's been available for several weeks - maybe a couple of months? I like Poipu, but the timeshare buildings are across the street from the beach and behind the hotel, and that's a deal killer for me. The units are also small, but require as many Staroptions as the big units at the other Hawaii resorts.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I booked it for May...along with some time in Princeville. I’m looking forward to staying in the south for the first time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trader14

Reaction score
it would be nice to hear some reviews of people that have stayed here - my understanding is that if you use staroptions you are not staying on the beach side, in fact you have to cross the street and enter the resort and then go to the beach. fine for some but if you can stay on ka'anapali beach....well for me at least enough said

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The entire timeshare phase is across the street - there are no timeshares on the ocean side. So regardless of how you make your reservation, you won't be on the ocean side - unless you stay in the hotel.

The resort doesn't open until March, so there won't be any reports until then.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Will they ever convert the remainder of the hotel to timeshare?

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will they ever convert the remainder of the hotel to timeshare?
I heard that the hotel is under different ownership than the villas, so unless there is a future sale of the hotel section, the answer is no.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I heard that the hotel is under different ownership than the villas, so unless there is a future sale of the hotel section, the answer is no.

I'm not sure that is correct. When Starwood spun off Starwood Vacation Network as Vistana and also when Vistana was acquired by ILG, the Sheraton Kauai Resort was part of that transaction and at those times there were no timeshares as part of that hotel property.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Yes this was one of the properties sold off to Vistana in the spin off. I believe they are converting it over to timeshares in stages over time like the Westin Cancun. I believe Westin Puerto Vallarta and Westin Riverfront are also in this bucket. Westin Cabo was another but it’s done and online now obviously.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Yes this was one of the properties sold off to Vistana in the spin off. I believe they are converting it over to timeshares in stages over time like the Westin Cancun. I believe Westin Puerto Vallarta and Westin Riverfront are also in this bucket. Westin Cabo was another but it’s done and online now obviously.

Westin Cancun was part of the spinoff but Westin Riverfront was not.

vacation dreaming

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you were thinking of Sheraton Steamboat, not Westin Riverfront. Sheraton Steamboat has now been converted from hotel to timeshare.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was in the SDO update, FWIW:

SHERATON KAUA‘I RESORT REFRESHED This oceanfront resort on Hawai‘i’s Garden Isle has completed its first of two planned phase updates. Now complete, Phase I enhancements include 66 studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom villas, along with a major renovation of the lobby, fitness center, pool, conference center and grounds. Available December 2019, Phase II will cover the remaining 60 villas and 40 hotel rooms at the property, which totals 166 units in six buildings. Situated along crescent-shaped Po‘ipū Beach, the resort features a dual-level Ocean Pool with private beachside bungalows and massage cabanas, a host of Hawai‘i cultural activities, live entertainment at Lava’s on Po‘ipū Beach and the island’s only oceanfront lū‘au.

MommaBear

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in a corner 5th floor studio with ocean views. They put quite a bit in a small hotel room, but it was fine for 2 of us for 5 days. Storage is limited. The finishings are great and the way they fit everything in was very impressive. The grounds have really been updated and the entire property feels fresh and updated compared to a very tired and run down hotel 6 years ago. They have not added a hot tub by the garden pool, which surprised us. The lobby has moved from the ocean side part of the property to across the road and the old lobby is underutilized. We enjoyed the new ocean front restaurant. We will definitely go back.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
They put quite a bit in a small hotel room, . . .

And that is my biggest concern. The Sheraton Kauai Resort's 2-bedroom lockoff is only 749 sq. ft. whereas the WKORVN 1-bedroom premium by itself is 750 sq. ft.

The 2-bedroom lockoff at WKORN is 1,230 sq. ft. (64% larger) yet it requires the same number of 148,100 StarOptions for the 2-bedroom lockoff at each location.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
And that is my biggest concern. The Sheraton Kauai Resort's 2-bedroom lockoff is only 749 sq. ft. whereas the WKORVN 1-bedroom premium by itself is 750 sq. ft.

The 2-bedroom lockoff at WKORN is 1,230 sq. ft. (64% larger) yet it requires the same number of 148,100 StarOptions for the 2-bedroom lockoff at each location.

I’m in a 2-bed unit today. Note that SKR has both 2-bed LO and non-LO; I’m in a non-LO. And yeah, both require 148k for a week, which really doesn’t make sense to me. I’ve got a list of issues and comments about this resort which I’ll post when I get home. Generally it’s nice, but it’s not WKORV and any comparisons to Maui (or even Princeville) will not favor SKR other than location. It’s great being in the south, but otherwise bleh. That sums it up.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We stayed in a corner 5th floor studio with ocean views. They put quite a bit in a small hotel room, but it was fine for 2 of us for 5 days. Storage is limited. The finishings are great and the way they fit everything in was very impressive. The grounds have really been updated and the entire property feels fresh and updated compared to a very tired and run down hotel 6 years ago. They have not added a hot tub by the garden pool, which surprised us. The lobby has moved from the ocean side part of the property to across the road and the old lobby is underutilized. We enjoyed the new ocean front restaurant. We will definitely go back.

How’d you get a 5th floor? They only go to 4...

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
This may not be the right place for this question but...

The 2-bed non-LO at SKR second bedroom has a door to the living room and an en suite bathroom. The bathroom does not have a window which may be opened. I thought building codes required at least two exits from a bedroom, or is that requirement only for residential?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
This may not be the right place for this question but...

The 2-bed non-LO at SKR second bedroom has a door to the living room and an en suite bathroom. The bathroom does not have a window which may be opened. I thought building codes required at least two exits from a bedroom, or is that requirement only for residential?

Are you speaking of Kauai building codes specifically?

I ask because I've been in numerous high-rise hotels in a room with the only exit being the door to the hall.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Are you speaking of Kauai building codes specifically?

I ask because I've been in numerous high-rise hotels in a room with the only exit being the door to the hall.

Yes, that’s true. I’m not sure why I thought this would be different...perhaps because I don’t recall other VSN timeshares with only one bedroom exit.