• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 - to present ] What is the best movie and or Tv series you have watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime??

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Narcos
El Chapo
The Punisher - but only if you like action with fighting and shooting.

I love it......... that's why I still like to attend timeshare presentations.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Sigh. Now I'm depressed. Went to watch the second season of Ozark. Got about 10 minutes in and decided I have no clue what's going on. Went to the last episode of the first season to get caught up. At about 20 minutes in everything I'm seeing is "familiar", but I couldn't really recall what took place earlier to bring the action to where it was, so I switched to the latest season of Shameless. As I see it I can finish the episode from last season and move forward with the new season, not really remembering all that was going on, but figuring the second season will stand on its own. Or, since I googled and there is at least a third season in the works, maybe at this point I'd just wait and start over from the beginning and watch season 1-2-3 back to back. It's tough getting old!

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
I had to look up the previous season episode notes on Homeland. We were hopelessly lost after a year or so away. Another one that was not easy watching was Suits. The story moves so quickly, and is so detailed, if you wait a few months..good luck with remembering what went on in the previous season. I find the internet synopsis invaluable...not just for the details but often the different interpretations of the actions. Witty dialogue is often not understood without some reflection and the deeper understandings are really valuable to the storylines.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
So Sneaky Pete season 3 is coming back. I was wondering if it would make the cut on Amazon Prime Video. I never thought much of Giovanni Ribisi before, but I thought he did such a stellar job as this character.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
The new Our Planet series on Netflix has amazing cinematography. We watch it to calm down before bedtime.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We enjoyed Hannah on Amazon Prime. There's a lot of action & fight scenes which my husband really likes.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
The new Our Planet series on Netflix has amazing cinematography. We watch it to calm down before bedtime.
...or perhaps inspires other things....
...such as that which is common in spring? :thumbup:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
There are so many on Amazon that i really like. I loved Suits and watched this last season on USA because it showed on Amazon as costing money. Loved it. Only one season left.

Love Man in the High Castle. Phillip K Dick had a great imagination, and what a premise for a book turned series.

Mrs. Maisel. Wow, cannot believe the clothing, the sets, the cars, the mention of people like JFK as a wanna-be politician. So funny. And of course Midge Maisel is quite a character. Her husband is narcissistic. Her dad is Tony Shalhoub of Monk, and he is eccentric. Her mom is gorgeous, very classy, and she surprises me with her dry humor and wit.

Rick put a movie theater in our house. A mini version of a real movie theater with reclining seats (8 of them) with tray tables and holders for beverages. He put it in place of a large living room that we never used. It's so fun to sit in the dark and watch these shows.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
It has been years since we've had HBO. We stopped it around the time Sopranos or Sex/City ended because there were never any movies we'd want to watch. I presume now they have old series available to stream? Showtime series seem to end up on Netfix. Where can old HBO series be seen? Thinking to give Netflix a rest for a few months if Game of Thrones is available after the show ends it run.

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who recommended Bosch! I accidently signed up for Amazon Prime with my last order, so we figured that we should watch something. Hooked on it to the point I had to keep the Prime membership!!! I think I will ditch Netflix for now, seems to be more stuff on Prime to our liking.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Thanks to everyone who recommended Bosch! I accidently signed up for Amazon Prime with my last order, so we figured that we should watch something. Hooked on it to the point I had to keep the Prime membership!!! I think I will ditch Netflix for now, seems to be more stuff on Prime to our liking.

New season (5) drops on April 19!

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
"The Widow" on Amazon Prime. More twists than a pretzel and the African setting for most of it is interesting.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
"The Widow" on Amazon Prime. More twists than a pretzel and the African setting for most of it is interesting.
I am having a tough time getting interested in that one.

Anyone who doesn't just join Amazon Prime for these shows is missing out. I would put 3-4 of the series ahead of anything on regular TV. The Americans is something I binge-watched on Amazon at first, and then found the last couple of seasons on USA. We also watch Hand of God, which is so good. Too bad it's done. There are others. I just cannot remember.

The shows I watch on regular TV and really enjoy are few and far between. I really like The Good Doctor and The Resident. Chicago Fire, PD and Med are all pretty good. I am okay with Bull, used to love Madame Secretary (got very political), and several others are just okay. I am starting to appreciate FBI a bit more, but it's just okay so far. Blacklist I watch to see what's going to happen between Reddington and Elizabeth. But it's not as good as it used to be. I liked God Friended Me, but it's up in the air as to whether there will be a second season.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
... Blacklist I watch to see what's going to happen between Reddington and Elizabeth. But it's not as good as it used to be..

When I first started watching Blacklist, I too really enjoyed it as a lot of the plot lines were compelling. But as those original plot lines played out, the writers really haven't come up with material as good as the first 3 seasons or so. Perhaps a lot of this is due to the characters themselves as the later characters that have come along don't seem to have the same edge the earlier characters did. I'm not sure what the answer is here, but I am finding myself waiting for a whole season to drop to Netflix before I watch again.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I liked God Friended Me, but it's up in the air as to whether there will be a second season.

God Friended Me has been renewed for season 2, according to the CBS website. It sounds like it will be back in the fall for a 2019/2020 season. It's done well in the ratings.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am watching the latest season on Bosch, but the book is so recent that it isn’t as suspenseful when you remember the story line

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am watching the latest season on Bosch, but the book is so recent that it isn’t as suspenseful when you remember the story line

I am trying my best to watch one episode AT MOST in a sitting, letting a day or two go by before watching the next.
This is one big negative about TV these days as more series turn to dropping an entire season at once. That's great for the couple of days you might binge the series, but then you have to wait another year (or so) for more of the series.

I think what I am trying to say is I wish streamed series would not be a slave to the TV calendar cycle... Oh well.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
I am trying my best to watch one episode AT MOST in a sitting, letting a day or two go by before watching the next.
This is one big negative about TV these days as more series turn to dropping an entire season at once. That's great for the couple of days you might binge the series, but then you have to wait another year (or so) for more of the series.

I think what I am trying to say is I wish streamed series would not be a slave to the TV calendar cycle... Oh well.

I download a few episodes of a series I get hooked on from Prime or Netflix onto my iPad. I then watch them only on my commute home from NYC on the bus (I read my downloaded newspapers on the way in in the mornings). In this way, I don’t end up binge watching the series but spread it out over several weeks. I’m watching Mr. Robot, the USA series starring Ramy Malick (before he became famous for the Freddie Mercury role) currently. I’m almost finished with Season 3 and USA will Be releasing season 4 at some point and I’ll be caught up to watch that on TV.
I may download and start watching Bosch from all the positive comments about it here and elsewhere, next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jme

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I blew it, watched the entire season 5 of Bosch yesterday

Reactions: jme

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I was watching the new show "Dead to Me" on Netflix (very good BTW, and I like having half hour shows in my rotation) when down in the corner where they suggest other things I might like I saw "Imposters". That is an great show! Has a logo for Bravo, so must have been on regular TV at some point. It sucked me in during the first 15 minutes and was very enjoyable. I've now finished the first season, and will probably watch something else before starting season two. There is a pronunciation joke with Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the second time it came up I responded in sync with the Jules character "Did you just say borrow?" Cliff walked through exactly at that moment and wanted to know why I was watching something I'd seen before. I wasn't, I just immediately knew what the next line would be!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have started watching all the old episodes of The Closer

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
The US version of Netflix just got Season 1 and 2 of Outlander. If you have been holding out because you don't have Starz here is your chance.