• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Showing up a day late for accommodation reservation?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We are considering using our certificate but the stay starts on a Sat and we can't make it until Sunday. If we call the resort directly will they hold our reservation? Does anyone know if there are specific rules regarding this in interval or is it up to the individual resort?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I would make a phone call and just ask. I have done this on occasion, checked in late a day, mostly through exchanges. I always worry the resort will consider me a no-show and might rent the week out from under us. So I call.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
At what Vistana resort were you able to us an AC?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked in late a number of times. What I did was call the Resort 3 or 4 days before the check-in date and ask them to put the day I expected to check-in in their computer. Then the afternoon of the originally scheduled check in day I would call again and pretend I couldn't remember if I had previously notified them and asked them to check. Sometimes it was there; sometimes it wasn't. When it wasn't I asked them to note the day and time I was planning to get there. The end result when doing this is that I never had a problem...

George

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Our flight was delayed a day but when we arrived our reservation was still valid at WLR

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Sorry we notified resort of our delay.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you all, for the helpful information. Denise it is not a Vistana resort but an accommodation certificate from Vistana interval.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What is an AC from Vistana Interval?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If it's an AC from Interval, Vistana has nothing to do with it. Interval sends them out from time to time.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
We are considering using our certificate but the stay starts on a Sat and we can't make it until Sunday. If we call the resort directly will they hold our reservation? Does anyone know if there are specific rules regarding this in interval or is it up to the individual resort?
As long as you are not a dollar short as well all should be OK :)

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If it's an AC from Interval, Vistana has nothing to do with it. Interval sends them out from time to time.
Got it. We have 4 from our Hyatt account and 4 from our Vistana account. Sorry for the confusion