• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Second Molokai Trip of 2019

taffy19

Reaction score
Here’s an updated video on the inside of our condo. It’s a little more open. We got rid of some clutter.

I enjoyed your update movie of the inside of your condo with your view on Maui and watching the whales breaching right in front of you during whale season and the lights at night!

I see you moving in yourself rather than renting it out for 4 or 5 more years and I don’t blame you. ;)

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I enjoyed your update movie of the inside of your condo with your view on Maui and watching the whales breaching right in front of you during whale season and the lights at night!

I see you moving in yourself rather than renting it out for 4 or 5 more years and I don’t blame you. ;)

I’d love to. I only turn 56 in June and am not quite set up for that yet but maybe 4 years instead of 6. :)

The renting for the most part will probably come to an end in two years when my wife retires. She will be there during the busiest time for rentals. So the only opportunity left for rentals would be December around Christmas. I don’t see us going there for that. I won’t be able to get that week off at work for two more years anyway. There is a guy who has more seniority than me that always takes it. Sounds like he has two more years.

We will do the finishing touches on the place when my wife retires. That way we’ll have it the way we want it when we are there full time. My wife definitely wants new countertops in the kitchen and maybe an update on the flooring or just tile in the kitchen. Not really too much, possibly some updates in the bathroom. The new lanai door and all the windows get replaced in June.

Well, 92 days until we return. :thumbup:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Interesting twist just happened at work today. The position I have here in Wisconsin was just posted for Hawaii. It’s a new position for that operating company. It covers Oahu, Maui, The Big Island, Kauai and Guam.

They will probably want me to live on Oahu but I would ask if I could live on another island. Living on Oahu May be a deal breaker for me. I just don’t think we could afford it.

Then if we could be on another island, my other issue is my wife has too more years to go before she will get social security and she won’t have a job there and probably won’t want to start anything new.

Timing is kind of bad but it’s never good so we’ll see. I just found this out a few minutes ago so my wife doesn’t even know yet. :)

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
Interest twist just happened at work today. The position I have here in Wisconsin was just posted for Hawaii. It’s a new position for that operating company. It covers Oahu, Maui, The Big Island, Kauai and Guam.

They will probably want me to live on Oahu but I would ask if I could live on another island. Living on Oahu May be a deal breaker for me. I just don’t think we could afford it.

Then if we could be on another island, my other issue is my wife has too more years to go before she will get social security and she won’t have a job there and probably won’t want to start anything new.

Timing is kind of bad but it’s never good so we’ll see. I just found this out a few minutes ago so my wife doesn’t even know yet. :)
Big decisions again but you and your wife will figure it out! An opening for this position two years later would have been perfect timing for you.

Let us know how your wife will react on this news.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Interest twist just happened at work today. The position I have here in Wisconsin was just posted for Hawaii. It’s a new position for that operating company. It covers Oahu, Maui, The Big Island, Kauai and Guam.

If this job is just posted now there may be a possibility that another opening will come along, just at the right time for you. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If this job is just posted now there may be a possibility that another opening will come along, just at the right time for you. :)

It’s a possibility but you never know. Timing doesn’t always work out. I know that.:)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big decisions again but you and your wife will figure it out! An opening for this position two years later would have been perfect timing for you.

Let us know how your wife will react on this news.

Well, her jaw hit the floor. :)
Then she said that i’m Going to get there before her. :) So then we started to go over all the scenarios and then we decided to not worry about it too much. A lot of things will have to fall in place and there will be a lot of steps along the way.

First step was telling my President I was applying and I did that today. He was great and said I have his recommendation. Now I have to apply. Tomorrow I just have to add a few things to my resume and post it on the application online.

Then it’s the big waiting game until I get to the second interview where I can ask some questions. Our company is so new there that I don’t think they have a lot of our systems in place.

So we’ll see how it goes. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Oh my Slip...now getting creative are we? Yup, keep the 401k and get a job in Hawaii instead. Great thinking.

It’s amazing how the creative juices flow when one doesn’t want to stomach another winter in Wisconsin.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh my Slip...now getting creative are we? Yup, keep the 401k and get a job in Hawaii instead. Great thinking.

It’s amazing how the creative juices flow when one doesn’t want to stomach another winter in Wisconsin.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is true!! But it easy to come up with other options when the job I would do gets posted. :)

We actually acquired HFM Food Service a couple years ago and I had hoped this might happen but I know they want the person to work out of Oahu. So I wasn’t putting much stock in it. I’m still not, but I will go as far as I can with it and who knows, they might more flexible than I think. :thumbup:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Jeff, if things turn out, and you do need a place on Oahu, I have a real estate broker friend there. I can hook you up. Let me know.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff, if things turn out, and you do need a place on Oahu, I have a real estate broker friend there. I can hook you up. Let me know.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I may take you up on that. I have to see how much help the HR department will give me also. If it happens we won’t be buying. We will rent until Retirement.

Didn’t really have much time to go over it with my wife. We will be talking about the scenarios more tonight and this weekend.

I officially submitted my application with my resume today.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Corporate move allowance to buy your house and pay relocation and cost-of-living expense expense adjustments might make it doable. Plus everyone else applying will be dealing with cost of living also.

Factor in airfare for weekends on Molokai? :)

We all live in Hawaii vicariously through you Skip.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Corporate move allowance to buy your house and pay relocation and cost-of-living expense expense adjustments might make it doable. Plus everyone else applying will be dealing with cost of living also.

Factor in airfare for weekends on Molokai? :)

We all live in Hawaii vicariously through you Skip.

I will be pretty interested to know how many people apply. My Regional Director will let me know.

Right now my wife is saying no to Oahu. So if I have to be based on Oahu, I’m either on my own for two years until my wife retires or I turn it down. If I can be based on any other island, I’m going and my wife will decide when we see what island it will be. That’s as far as I’m looking right now. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I added a little bit of Molokai to my car today. I added a picture of the Cabana and pool area at WaveCrest to my radio. :)

957C6FBB-12C0-48B7-869A-DDDE11A4B182.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was looking at the map to see about those lights I see at night on Maui from WaveCrest on Molokai and it looks like the lights on the left of my video would be of Ka’anapali and the lights on the right side would be Lahaina. WaveCrest is in Ualapu’e on the map.

I was looking up the cities the HFM warehouses are in on the different islands. They are in Lihue, Hilo, Kahului and Honolulu.

AB522282-BC9C-4C09-B39C-791D12F13BE5.png

taffy19

Reaction score
I was looking at the map to see about those lights I see at night on Maui from WaveCrest on Molokai and it looks like the lights on the left of my video would be of Ka’anapali and the lights on the right side would be Lahaina. WaveCrest is in Ualapu’e on the map.

I was looking up the cities the HFM warehouses are in on the different islands. They are in Lihue, Hilo, Kahului and Honolulu.

View attachment 12202
Interesting to see the map. I am positive that I recognized the towers of the Hyatt, Marriott and the Kaanapali Alii Resort. We stopped at several places on our way and saw several fishponds too. It already seems so long ago.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had my first phone interview today. Not much, they only verified what I do and asked why I was applying. The next one Is the person I will be able to ask all my questions to.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Got my call today for the second call. This one is with the person who would be my regional director. It’s scheduled for Wednesday at 2:30pm and could go a half hour. Heck, I have enough questions that will probably fill a half hour. :)

I have all my questions written down and we’ll see how she starts it and we’ll go from there. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got my call today for the second call. This one is with the person who would be my regional director. It’s scheduled for Wednesday at 2:30pm and could go a half hour. Heck, I have enough questions that will probably fill a half hour. :)

I have all my questions written down ao we’ll see how she starts it and we’ll go from there. :thumbup:
I can hear her replies from here: "I'll get back to ya on that."

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Jeff - It's so funny that you would bring this up, because before he retired, my husband was a GM in the food industry, and when we'd drive by an HFM Warehouse in Hawaii he'd say, "I wonder if I could get a job there."

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff - It's so funny that you would bring this up, because before he retired, my husband was a GM in the food industry, and when we'd drive by an HFM Warehouse in Hawaii he'd say, "I wonder if I could get a job there."

If I get an offer and turn it down, he could apply to be the Food Safety Manager. :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Is that what you are applying for?