• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Realtor Interviews and Fear of Selling Our Home

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
The dimensions for the range should be available online if you don't still have the paperwork. Might be worth asking the builder, if you really like your range.

Our builder was really good about working with us. We brought our own excavating contractor, our own plumber, I bought all the appliances, bought our own wood flooring, had our own interior painter etc. Saved us lots of money.

Good luck with the building process!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is out of state so not that easy. As it is, we will also have plenty of stuff to do after we move in. I already have a list! Lol! It will take us a year or more I bet. Maybe longer.

We are just taking what he gives us- let him do the bad paint job and all that stuff. We will have it painted another time. We are having him do the wood floors have and a bunch of other upgrades. The kitchen and bathrooms still have to be evaluated to see what we can upgrade while staying under our budget.

Keeping it simple. This is a really small house. And- I want to have fun finally! I don’t want to get swept into working on The house morning, noon and night. Been there, done that.

Good news the paralegal called today and said the atty said the contract looks fine but she is going to call Me on Wednesday ( no time given. SMH) to discuss the water/ sewer hook up; home warranty and landscaping. What I can answer about these things I have no clue. Isn’t that her job?

I again asked the realtor how this house and the other houses could be built by Nov1st and she said to stop worrying and that they could always extend the timeline. Well- uh- duh! Lol!

And in terms of the people who viewed our home yesterday- they felt there was a lack of storage space (aka a basement). Onward and upward...

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are just taking what he gives us- let him do the bad paint job and all that stuff. We will have it painted another time. We are having him do the wood floors have and a bunch of other upgrades. The kitchen and bathrooms still have to be evaluated to see what we can upgrade while staying under our budget.

Keeping it simple. This is a really small house. And- I want to have fun finally! I don’t want to get swept into working on The house morning, noon and night. Been there, done that.

When my son bought his (inexpensive) new home, we were pleasantly surprised that the builder did not use white paint. It is a warm beige - a verylight brown color which makes it look like custom paint job. The garage walls also came painted. It was certainly not a bad paint job.

I agree with you to not make things complicated. Not only does it save headaches but also money.

taffy19

Reaction score
This is out of state so not that easy. As it is, we will also have plenty of stuff to do after we move in. I already have a list! Lol! It will take us a year or more I bet. Maybe longer.

Good news the paralegal called today and said the atty said the contract looks fine but she is going to call Me on Wednesday ( no time given. SMH) to discuss the water/ sewer hook up; home warranty and landscaping. What I can answer about these things I have no clue. Isn’t that her job?

I again asked the realtor how this house and the other houses could be built by Nov1st and she said to stop worrying and that they could always extend the timeline. Well- uh- duh! Lol!

And in terms of the people who viewed our home yesterday- they felt there was a lack of storage space (aka a basement). Onward and upward...
Since you spoke with a few neighbors already and they didn't complain about bad workmanship, I wouldn't worry. I thought that I saw a few pictures of the models with some color on one of the the walls at some models. It gave me the impression that there were enough windows to make it light inside.

I hope that your new lot is a nice lot. I would ask him for a picture of the area or a proper map like on the brochure. Will you be close to the people you spoke with already? They seemed to be happy there.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Since you spoke with a few neighbors already and they didn't complain about bad workmanship, I wouldn't worry. I thought that I saw a few pictures of the models with some color on one of the the walls at some models. It gave me the impression that there were enough windows to make it light inside.

I hope that your new lot is a nice lot. I would ask him for a picture of the area or a proper map like on the brochure. Will you be close to the people you spoke with already? They seemed to be happy there.

The thing is, ours is a new developer. The other people we spoke with are fairly or very new there, but they had the old developer. That one is just finishing up a few homes. Those people are somewhat close to where our home would be.

The new developer has built a spec home, which supposedly sold now. That is it. He is now working on grading the lots which are supposedly under agreement.

Since we couldn’t have the other lot because the ranch was too long for it, we chose another out of the few limited lots left where you could have a walk out basement.

We saw it when we were up this past weekend.

The neighbors said the paint is horrible. He just primed the walls and puts a coat of paint over it. Seemed like an off white. I’m good with the off white for now. One couple said it marks very easily and I’m sure it does.

One couple paid the contractor after the closing to do some extra things for them, like put in an extra window in the basement and make a back patio.

The impression I got is that for these people their mission was the same as ours- to downsize and simplify. Though some of them are not doing it that well. One was putting up Walls and insulation in his basement by himself. They are already adding things like a patio, etc.

Some of the ladies seemed to be trying to cram in stuff from their larger home- like curios and hutches and knickknacks.

As soon as I got home last night, I started listing things for sale on the Facebook marketplace! Already sold a few things.

Really, I am good at simplifying and organizing. What do we really need beyond the basics? I like the shaker look.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV

I didn't intend to suggest you should do all that we did. I just wanted to suggest you ask the builder if you could supply the range.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm with you on this. The older I got the less I could stomach complications. At 84 I'm at the stage where I let just about everything roll off my shoulders...

George

geekette

Reaction score
...I don’t want to get swept into working on The house morning, noon and night. Been there, done that....

I have been a homeowner for over 25 years and this has never been my reality! Chores are chores, those never go away, but I absolutely have not dedicated all my free time to house noodling. I have too many hobbies and other interests for that.

I hope you find that disengaging from constant House Stuff will be easy but if this has been a long habit, an urge, an addiction, whatever, it might not be so easy. Allow yourself some time to adjust and train yourself to Just Say No!!!

I'm excited for you. Like everything else, you are totally working it, getting stuff done. You are a rock star!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Thanks, Patri. We are on our way home from NH, hoping to get back before yet another big storm and - lo and behold- I get a text from a realtor that she is showing the house just at the time we were to arrive! Lol!

Guess we’ll hang out in the McDonalds in town then.

I’m so happy for you

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I didn't intend to suggest you should do all that we did. I just wanted to suggest you ask the builder if you could supply the range.

Oh yes. Understood. I do appreciate it. I wish I could take my whole kitchen, living room/fireplace, master bathroom and second bathroom up there!

I think you were smart to do some things on your own. We will also for some things. Thanks.

taffy19

Reaction score
We saw it when we were up this past weekend.
At least, you saw the lot and must like it or you would have not signed the contract. I hope that the builder will do a better job with painting and everything else.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
...I don’t want to get swept into working on The house morning, noon and night. Been there, done that....

I have been a homeowner for over 25 years and this has never been my reality! Chores are chores, those never go away, but I absolutely have not dedicated all my free time to house noodling. I have too many hobbies and other interests for that.

I hope you find that disengaging from constant House Stuff will be easy but if this has been a long habit, an urge, an addiction, whatever, it might not be so easy. Allow yourself some time to adjust and train yourself to Just Say No!!!

I'm excited for you. Like everything else, you are totally working it, getting stuff done. You are a rock star!

Yes. Well- I always just wanted to be a homemaker and part of me likes working around the house and even cleaning. BUT- I always worked full time, as did my husband, so weekends were spent working on our home and other chores, like cooking, and also our son's care. We did have some recreation/social things, but not that many. Our home's setting is like a retreat and it was kind of therapeutic to be working around the place with nature all around us. And- the quiet...Working around the house was one of our hobbies.

Now we have got the inside of the house pretty much the way we like it after 31 years and have been enjoying it, so it is hard to find anything that compares, in the price point of what we could/might get for it- even a much smaller version on a little lot.

And it pains me to think that due to space limitations, I might not be able to take my whole living room set- which is brand new, and I love it. My giant coffee table for my travel books.......ouch....Would be a shame. I waited 32 years to get new living room furniture finally.

We are not even sure if the house will have the garage on the left or right yet. The garage wall will be adjacent to the living room wall. That will make a big difference on how my couch with the chaise will sit in the living room and it could block the front door or garage entry door. So- we shall see.

You may or may not remember, our first home at ages 21 and 23, was a handyman special and we worked on that home constantly for 10 years. Most vacation time and every weekend was spent working on it while our friends were partying away.

Ironically, this new home is about the size of that home. Going backwards. LOL!

We both are ready. This is the right time to downsize and make a change of lifestyle. I always said I can make a home anywhere so if hubby cooperates, our new living quarters will be streamlined. Even the way we live now is the same. Just hubby and his garage- his man cave. I guess I don't have to go down there an d look at it. LOL!

We will still have long winters inside that little house. That will be a challenge. But there are things to do even in winter right nearby or within short drives and we intend to do them- or at least I do!

Our son had a softball game Sunday and we were saying how it would be nice to watch him play once in a while. We couldn't as we had to get back home.

So- we will make the little modest house our own and we are really excited I can tell you that! The bigger stress is selling our home here and moving- especially if we have to do the temporary rental- that will make it worse.

One day at a time.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
At least, you saw the lot and must like it or you would have not signed the contract. I hope that the builder will do a better job with painting and everything else.

Right. Not much to see really. It is just flat dirt and weeds. Right off the main road- like 4 houses in or something. LOL! The back drops off because there is an historic rock wall below it they are not allowed to touch. So we will see how the builder excavates it. But the wooded area is far away from our back yard- which is postage stamp size.

Coming from a 10.5 acre parcel, the lot and the driveway are quite amusing to us. This entire 85 home development sits on land that is the same size our current home sits on! LOL!

One lady told us she was thrilled because the guy who plows the road also will do her driveway for $400 per year. LOL! You call that a driveway!?

We get an average of 10 plows per year at $45 per clip for our 700 foot, steep, driveway with turnaround at the top! Hubby is going to bring the snowblower. It will take him 10 minutes. Give him one thing to do in winter. Ha!:p Ha!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Oh yes. Understood. I do appreciate it. I wish I could take my whole kitchen, living room/fireplace, master bathroom and second bathroom up there!

I think you were smart to do some things on your own. We will also for some things. Thanks.
I understand the downsizing. I did it after my husband passed. Small can be economical and still luxurious. I loved my small house as my finishes were exactly what I wanted.

When I moved after meeting my current other half, we got a much larger home, nice finishes but not exactly what I love. A larger home, a larger lot, a prime area and I miss my little home because it was exactly what I liked.

The point I am am trying to make, little can still be your dream home. I would suggest if you can get enough money together upgrade your kitchen and bath during the building process. Sometimes it is not as expensive as you think it is and will be better priced upfront. You don’t want to think later on I wish I had my favorite stove, I wish I had ....

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I understand the downsizing. I did it after my husband passed. Small can be economical and still luxurious. I loved my small house as my finishes were exactly what I wanted.

When I moved after meeting my current other half, we got a much larger home, nice finishes but not exactly what I love. A larger home, a larger lot, a prime area and I miss my little home because it was exactly what I liked.

The point I am am trying to make, little can still be your dream home. I would suggest if you can get enough money together upgrade your kitchen and bath during the building process. Sometimes it is not as expensive as you think it is and will be better priced upfront. You don’t want to think later on I wish I had my favorite stove, I wish I had ....

Yes. Agree. But it will be a money issue unless our current home sells and closes like now. Then we would have more to spend. But- the builder is going to want to know right now what we want and we have to pay for the upgrades all up front. That's the problem. This is coming out of the money we are supposed to live on starting January 1st. It is finite.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
UPDATE: So the attorney just got back from vacation on Monday and did review the agreement, but then had an all day class on Tuesday, so couldn't speak to me until yesterday. As most attorneys would, she had some issues with like 5 things- most I consider nothing, but one being the arbitration clause she really hated and the other being the fact, even though the completion date is 11/1, he can have a 2 month extension (We are ok with that). but in the wording the builder could get away with dragging on the construction even more or even never building the house at all. Though it says we would get back our deposit, we would not get back our upgrade money which is way larger than the deposit and will be getting larger with the kitchen and bathroom upgrades.

We would have probably forgone the attorney if this was not a new construction with a new builder. It is not like the house is already up or a resale. The attorney has not heard of this builder, but we did find a little bit of information on line regarding his background and seems to be known.

Meanwhile, the past few days the builder's realtor has been hounding me about the attorney and I had no control as to when the attorney would call me with this feedback. She started to put pressure on me saying it was going into the MLS. I told her to please not sell our lot! She is holding our checks and the builder has not signed the contract yet. I told her she knows how badly we want the house and we are buying it!

I receive listings from other realtors in NH and this one realtor we met with last year (but did not sign any contract with as a buyers agent- she had shown us a resale there) had our lot and home listed on 6/4! Then today, June 6, I get another set of listings from her- now with our home and lot and the price has gone up by $6000. I also noticed this on the website as well. Interestingly, since this whole thing began - that realtor has called me twice fishing around. I suspect she knows we are trying to buy this house. I did not tell her anything about it. Kind of creepy.

Needless to say, I am sick to my stomach over this. The attorney, who realizes how badly we want this home, told me to forward her email and concerns to the builder, which I did. Now we are waiting.

I can't sleep and I am starting to break down. It has been a stressful week trying to keep the current house up to standards and running out for house showings. I started to sell some things on Facebook Marketplace and have been running around with items and setting up some appointments for people to come here to pick bigger things up.

Through it all- trying to understand these legal things and not wanting to make a mistake, as this is a big deal in our lives at this point. Honestly, I can't understand how people just sign contracts like this willy nilly.

One thing in our favor is we are cash buyers so we are strong buyers. I would think the builder could at least make a few concessions. I mean- one is to put the final landscaping (soil and grass seed) in the contract.That's an easy one. Another is a line that involves semantics- I don't see the difference. And something in the warranty about a waiver that she is surprised about. Again- I don't understand it.

The 2 big ones- Arbitration and the obligation of the builder in terms of getting the upgrade and deposit money back if he doesn't come through on time or at all.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UPDATE: So the attorney just got back from vacation on Monday and did review the agreement, but then had an all day class on Tuesday, so couldn't speak to me until yesterday. As most attorneys would, she had some issues with like 5 things- most I consider nothing, but one being the arbitration clause she really hated and the other being the fact, even though the completion date is 11/1, he can have a 2 month extension (We are ok with that). but in the wording the builder could get away with dragging on the construction even more or even never building the house at all. Though it says we would get back our deposit, we would not get back our upgrade money which is way larger than the deposit and will be getting larger with the kitchen and bathroom upgrades.

We would have probably forgone the attorney if this was not a new construction with a new builder. It is not like the house is already up or a resale. The attorney has not heard of this builder, but we did find a little bit of information on line regarding his background and seems to be known.

Meanwhile, the past few days the builder's realtor has been hounding me about the attorney and I had no control as to when the attorney would call me with this feedback. She started to put pressure on me saying it was going into the MLS. I told her to please not sell our lot! She is holding our checks and the builder has not signed the contract yet. I told her she knows how badly we want the house and we are buying it!

I receive listings from other realtors in NH and this one realtor we met with last year (but did not sign any contract with as a buyers agent- she had shown us a resale there) had our lot and home listed on 6/4! Then today, June 6, I get another set of listings from her- now with our home and lot and the price has gone up by $6000. I also noticed this on the website as well. Interestingly, since this whole thing began - that realtor has called me twice fishing around. I suspect she knows we are trying to buy this house. I did not tell her anything about it. Kind of creepy.

Needless to say, I am sick to my stomach over this. The attorney, who realizes how badly we want this home, told me to forward her email and concerns to the builder, which I did. Now we are waiting.

I can't sleep and I am starting to break down. It has been a stressful week trying to keep the current house up to standards and running out for house showings. I started to sell some things on Facebook Marketplace and have been running around with items and setting up some appointments for people to come here to pick bigger things up.

Through it all- trying to understand these legal things and not wanting to make a mistake, as this is a big deal in our lives at this point. Honestly, I can't understand how people just sign contracts like this willy nilly.

One thing in our favor is we are cash buyers so we are strong buyers. I would think the builder could at least make a few concessions. I mean- one is to put the final landscaping (soil and grass seed) in the contract.That's an easy one. Another is a line that involves semantics- I don't see the difference. And something in the warranty about a waiver that she is surprised about. Again- I don't understand it.

The 2 big ones- Arbitration and the obligation of the builder in terms of getting the upgrade and deposit money back if he doesn't come through on time or at all.
I doubt the builder will give up the clause for arbitration, that doesn’t worry me, but if he doesn’t protect you in the contract for all the money you deposit including upgrades then I would walk away unless you are ok taking a chance to lose the money. I assume your deposit is going into escrow so if the builder went bankrupt or couldn’t deliver you have your deposit and assuming upgrade money is not going into escrow and that is why you are not protected. He should give in to escrow for your upgrades if he has financial resources. Usually smaller builders who are asset poor want to be able to use some of your money upfront and that puts your money into risk.

Being they listed it while it is in attorney review makes me question how trustworthy they are unless it was listed and shows it is in deposit or contingent. Being you are a cash deal they might have listed so they can later show sold at your total price. This way other buyers who need mortgages will have a comp to get a value for their mortgage.

Take a deep breathe and ultimately if you need to walk away do. When one door closes another will open. Selling your home, renting awhile, something else will come up, it always does with time and patience. When I sold real estate, I many times had a client that no other realtor wanted to work with because their budget was low and a rare needle in the haystack needed to be found. Most people who owned these smaller homes with lower price points didn’t sell but they did come on the market and my buyers got in day one and purchased full price day one.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
UPDATE: ...snip... As most attorneys would, she had some issues with like 5 things- most I consider nothing, but one being the arbitration clause she really hated and the other being the fact, even though the completion date is 11/1, he can have a 2 month extension (We are ok with that). but in the wording the builder could get away with dragging on the construction even more or even never building the house at all. Though it says we would get back our deposit, we would not get back our upgrade money which is way larger than the deposit and will be getting larger with the kitchen and bathroom upgrades. ....snip....

And that is why we hire buyer's agents or attorneys! The indefinite timing and keeping of upgrade money would be deal breakers for me if he didn't add an addendum that stated a final date and that I would receive all my money back plus some extras I incurred as I waited. Another that would give me some trepidation is that this is the first home he has built in this development. Not having seen a finished product that he has built somewhere, or talking to someone who has used him, would be of concern to me.

My husband always tells me not to let the seller know how badly I want something. Whether negotiating for an antique at a show/shop or other transactions. That puts the ball more firmly in their hands. Don't let your heart over rule in a business situation that could end badly. Being a cash deal is a good thing in your favor but may not be enough if they see demand and housing prices rising rapidly.

Whether a buyer's agent showed you a house/lot in this same development a week ago or a year ago, if you did not sign a contract with that agent, and that agent did not present this purchase offer to the seller, you owe him/her nothing. Without a signed representation agreement, it's all about who brings in the contract. Don't let him/her guilt or pressure you.

Try to take a deep breath, put your mind on something else for a bit, and this may still work out. It's out of your hands for the moment as the builder makes the next move in response to the attorney's concerns. You are still taking care of things on the home front that need to be done for an eventual move.

Wishing the best for you!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Yes. It is just we were so happy these past 2 weeks and you just can't find anything like this in NH and in that area. It can not be been more perfect. I have been looking for 2+ years and nothing.

Plus- we are already so deep into it, even picking out the house color and how many outlets and all that. Speaking with some of the neighbors. Really- I was so excited! The past few weeks we just put so much into this- driving up there- so tiring but worth it we thought. On the phone every day- the emails back and forth with the realtor. Exhausting.

My heart will break if it doesn't work out. I know it. I am getting very emotional.:bawl:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes. It is just we were so happy these past 2 weeks and you just can't find anything like this in NH and in that area. It can not be been more perfect. I have been looking for 2+ years and nothing.

Plus- we are already so deep into it, even picking out the house color and how many outlets and all that. Speaking with some of the neighbors. Really- I was so excited! The past few weeks we just put so much into this- driving up there- so tiring but worth it we thought. On the phone every day- the emails back and forth with the realtor. Exhausting.

My heart will break if it doesn't work out. I know it. I am getting very emotional.:bawl:
I understand how you feel but you need to step back and take the emotions out of this when making your final decision. This is your hard earned money, a resource which is limited.

Better to be heartbroken now then lose your money later or have a lemon of a house that you can’t afford to fix and can’t sell. The integrity of a builder and their known experience in the industry are very important.

So sorry all this is happening, please protect yourself.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I understand how you feel but you need to step back and take the emotions out of this when making your final decision. This is your hard earned money, a resource which is limited.

Better to be heartbroken now then lose your money later or have a lemon of a house that you can’t afford to fix and can’t sell. The integrity of a builder and their known experience in the industry are very important.

So sorry all this is happening, please protect yourself.

I know. Head and heart conflict. We have been through new construction before many, many years ago with a condo investment and also even with our current house. Our house worked out after a lot of stress; the condo did not.

In developments like these, the atty. said usually the builder counts on the standard agreement he uses for everyone and tries not to deviate from that. But I know he was at first willing to accept a contingency on selling our house, so that would have been a change.

Our atty. just called and she said these things she suggested are basically minor changes- but the issue about getting the upgrade money back in case of the builder not meeting his obligation is, of course, important and so is the home warranty clause. She feels the contract was poorly drafted.

I told her about "our" house being listed on the MLS and she suggested I call the realtor and told me she would be available all day today and the realtor or other builder rep. can call her anytime today for clarification.

I left a message for the realtor and also sent her an email. Amazingly she has not called back yet. A big difference from the past week when she was constantly calling me all day and immediately after I would leave a message.

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW here is an "off the wall" thought. What do you think about backing away from the purchase; proceeding with the sale of your house in an orderly way to maximize what you get for it; and waiting for one of the existing houses in the development you are looking at to come on the market for sale? That way you will know exactly what you are buying; its condition; the price; and only have to struggle with a simple purchase contract...

George

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FWIW here is an "off the wall" thought. What do you think about backing away from the purchase; proceeding with the sale of your house in an orderly way to maximize what you get for it; and waiting for one of the existing houses in the development you are looking at to come on the market for sale? That way you will know exactly what you are buying; its condition; the price; and only have to struggle with a simple purchase contract...

George
Good idea but Question would be did other developer build ranches with basement as that is what they want.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
New builds can be very exciting. We loved watching the progression on our house (40 years ago). We also watched as our daughter's house went up.

Good luck to you on your move. I get attached to "things." It would really be awful for us to leave this house, but Rick keeps saying that if our other two kids move south of Denver, the way our other kids did (1 to 1.5 hours from our house), he will want to move. No reason to have all of the kids far away, when the two that live south don't want to drive the distance to visit here (except maybe 3 times/yr). We are the ones forced to drive down there. Traffic in Denver is HORRIBLE. Yes, I yelled that.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Arbitration is actually good thing for both sides. It costs nothing to the plaintiff unless you want to get your own lawyer. The business owners is responsible for all fees - court, judge etc.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Arbitration is actually good thing for both sides. It costs nothing to the plaintiff unless you want to get your own lawyer. The business owners is responsible for all fees - court, judge etc.

On the contrary, the attorney said it is very expensive- for us- and not as simple as that- could involve 3- yes 3 lawyers/. There is another paragraph in the contract that talks about each party getting a lawyer and she said that should be enough.

She absolutely hates arbitration in these agreements. But I think it could be something we have to live with