• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I just want to thank everyone for their help. Had a great time at Grand Crowne in Branson, MO.

truckinusa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
I still don't know what I am doing buy I had a great time renting a 3 bedroom lockout at Grand Crowne in Branson. It wasn't the fanciest or nicest resort but the price was right and I didn't get trapped in a worthless timeshare. All of my family enjoyed our stay. I'm still trying to understand why I should or shouldn't purchase a timeshare at this resort. The brochure in the elevator is attached.

Attachments

• grand crowne.jpg
    grand crowne.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 67

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of considerations as to whether to buy or not. If that is where you know you want to go every year then buy. If you are not sure go back next year on a rental again and see. Those deals will not go away. Also consider how much you actually save owning over renting. A lot of places and especially times it does not make sense to own as you can always rent cheaper. The last consideration is whether one of these weeks offered is what you want. It looks like the prices aren't too out of line. It is probably the HOA trying to get some cash from reposessed or deedback weeks. You can probably do better if you can find what you want other ways of resale. These are calculations only you can make.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me on Branson can be more specific with the actual resort and area.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Branson is a very easy exchange. I have ideas on what to buy to exchange into Branson, but owning Branson is not necessary.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I agree with Cindy that it is very easy to find cheap or very reasonably priced rentals in Branson. If that was where I was primarily interested in going and uncertain about tying myself to maintenance fees and RCI membership fees I would stick to renting.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I believe we discussed before. The Grand Crowne 3 bedrooms are very unique. The rental you got was very reasonable if a remember correctly. The maintenance fees on the 3 bedroom contract are around 800.00 per year. If you look I'm sure you can find a very reasonable resale contract. Try to make sure it is in Interval Points already. The resort group pays your Interval Membership yearly fees after the first year. This way you can either stay at the Grand Crowne with no exchange fees. You can get as little as 2 nights I believe you can also rent added nights at a very reasonable rate. Or you can exchange through Interval for hundreds of different resorts.
Or continue to rent, but rent from an owner not the resort. You'll learn about the program that way and you'll also be helping an existing owner not the developer make a bit.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Grand Crowne, even two and three bedroom units are almost always available through getaways or the bonus week certificates that II gives. So it'd only be $239- $800ish for a week depending on when you want to go etc.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

LUVS2SAV

Reaction score
Truckinusa....where did you find your rental? Glad you had a great time!! I am looking for a deal on a Branson rental for 7/13-7/20 for 4-5 people. I posted on the wanted forum here. Anyone have any advice as to where to look?

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Oops, my bad.

Last edited:

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
As for buying in Branson, we have owned at one of the nicest Gold Crown resorts, located in an upscale gated golf community for more than ten years (for amenities rights), and have never been able to rent it out for as much as the maintenance fee.

Here's one of many vacation rental sites for Branson:

https://springfield.craigslist.org/d/vacation-rentals/search/vac
- - - - - -
If you buy, when you want to sell, you will be lucky to be able to give it away. There used to be a resale market, but it collapsed around ten years ago.
- - - - - -
I am around timeshare-developer-seller types a lot, and they are scumbags (generally speaking). Locally respected and legitimate, but scumbags nonetheless.