• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean 22 Rooms

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
We are booked in a standard (ocean view) 2 bedroom at Ocean 22 in the end of June. Looking at the details and pictures, we are unsure of how many standard 2 bedrooms are on each floor. Looking at the Flickr album @Kokolea has in the sticky above, it looks like that the xx05 and the xx06 are 2 bedroom units and the xx01 and the xx02 are the 1 bedroom units. My question is are the xx03 and xx04 1 bedroom or two bedroom? They are the shape of the 2 bedroom on the HGVC page, but they look smaller than the 2 bedroom on the picture of the fire escape.

I guess if there is a size difference between 2 bedroom units, we want the bigger one as we are a family of 5 and not short people. As much room as possible would be great!

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
We are owners at Ocean 22 and just stayed there in March in a 1BR+ (Oceanfront). There are 11 units on each floor.

There are four std 1BR units and two std 2BR units on each floor. All of these are ocean view only, angled towards the ocean on the north and south sides of the building. You are correct. The 2BR std units are the 05 (south side) and 06 (north side). The 1 BR are the 01 and 03 on the south side and the 02 and 04 on the north side. So you will be in either an 05 or 06 unit. The 1 BR std are all the same size and the 2 BR std are definitely larger than the 1 BR.

There is one 2 BR+ unit on each floor (unit 08) and it is oceanfront. The two 1 BR+ units are also oceanfront in units 09 and 10. The two 3 BR units have the best location of all, being oceanfront at the corners of the building in units 07 (south) and 11 (north).

Enjoy your stay at Ocean 22!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are owners at Ocean 22 and just stayed there in March in a 1BR+ (Oceanfront). There are 11 units on each floor.

There are four std 1BR units and two std 2BR units on each floor. All of these are ocean view only, angled towards the ocean on the north and south sides of the building. You are correct. The 2BR std units are the 05 (south side) and 06 (north side). The 1 BR are the 01 and 03 on the south side and the 02 and 04 on the north side. So you will be in either an 05 or 06 unit. The 1 BR std are all the same size and the 2 BR std are definitely larger than the 1 BR.

There is one 2 BR+ unit on each floor (unit 08) and it is oceanfront. The two 1 BR+ units are also oceanfront in units 09 and 10. The two 3 BR units have the best location of all, being oceanfront at the corners of the building in units 07 (south) and 11 (north).

Enjoy your stay at Ocean 22!

This is exactly what I was looking for! We are looking forward to our stay. Any recommendations?

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I guess it depends upon what your kids (one an adult) like to do. It is a little out of our current experience, unfortunately. We are a couple in our late-60s who travel to places like Myrtle Beach (only our third time there) to just unwind and get away from the snow and cold in winter!! We spend most of our time around the pool, walking on the beach, reading and dining or doing day trips to nearby locations, like Georgetown or Murrell's Inlet.

There are lots of interesting miniature golf courses that are more complex than our average ones at home. I think the concierge can get you in either for free or at a discount at the one closest to the resort, only about 2 blocks away. There is a Ferris wheel (more like a miniature London Eye) and a zip-line that I have noticed just down the beach near the pier. And in June the weather should be good and you are right on a beautiful beach and the ocean, so definitely that should use up some time. There are also helicopter rides that you can book that run down the coast just off the beach. Myrtle Beach is a good-sized resort city, so there are lots of things to do, including in the surrounding area.

The concierge is a wealth of information and has all sorts of discounts available at area attractions, plus the Hilton Grand Experience discount card. She will be able to make some good recommendations, depending upon what you like to do. Also, I am sure some other Tuggers may have some ideas.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks @CanuckTravlr those are great suggestions. So the concierge at Ocean 22 is a great source of info on the area and can hook us up with some discounts. That’s good to know. We figure we will have 6 full days and half of those we want was full beach/pool days. Living in Michigan, we are coming out of a very cold winter (it snowed here on Sunday) the warmth of the beach will be nice. We don’t want a set plan, but want to have a ideas of what to do and choose while we are there. One of the things I saw that might interest my daughter and I are the dolphin jet ski trips! We will see.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Jet skis sound like they might be fun. There are also go-kart tracks, if that is of interest, since I have seen them in the coupon books we get on check-in with the concierge (ignore signing up for your "update package"...it is just another owner's update...aka sales presentation). If any of you golf, there are lots of choices, but there are special deals available at some courses through the concierge.

I have generally found the concierges at all HGVC locations to be good resources for places for local activities, places to dine and they can also make dinner and other reservations. We were at HGVC Ocean Oak on Hilton Head for the week before Myrtle Beach and the concierge there was able to get us dinner reservations at a couple of places that are normally harder to get into.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Go karts would be a blast! We haven’t done that in several years.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Isn't there also a free water park available to Ocean 22 and AOC? I know that you can get use of free mini-golf located across the street from AOC. It isn't the best course but the price is right and our family always enjoyed it.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
As someone that will be there the week of 7/4 for the first time, I am enjoying this thread.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Isn't there also a free water park available to Ocean 22 and AOC? I know that you can get use of free mini-golf located across the street from AOC. It isn't the best course but the price is right and our family always enjoyed it.

I believe that is correct, but it was too cool (as in temperature) for the water park when we were there in mid-March and suspect it is seasonal and therefore not even open. Again, the concierge will know. Janice advised us she is retiring at the end of this year, so it will be a different concierge the next time we visit.

Last edited:

Chop999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Will be splitting time between O22 and AOC 6/15-25. All good info on this thread for a first timer with a 6 and 9 year old.
What do they offer you in Myrtle Beach for an owners update?
Has anyone used a near shore or inland fishing charter that kids and adults would enjoy? I’ve google but would love to hear first hand experience.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@CanuckTravlr and @GT75 any recs for lunch and/or dinner? We are thinking one seafood dinner and a couple of casual meals. Someone up here recommended a Grilled Cheese and Crab Cake Co? She is a friend of a friend so I really don’t know her tastes. Here’s the link: http://www.grilledcheesesc.com/menu.html

Any good deli’s? Burger places?

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Sorry, but we haven’t been back to Myrtle Beach in the last three years. Once Ocean Oak opened on Hilton Head Island, we started going there. We never did find those restaurants that I would remember and recommended. I am sure that they are there but we just didn’t find them.

In terms of activities, you will find that Myrtle Beach is very similar to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. In fact the same companies. Obviously one is located in the mountains and the other at the beach.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Will be splitting time between O22 and AOC 6/15-25. All good info on this thread for a first timer with a 6 and 9 year old.
What do they offer you in Myrtle Beach for an owners update?
Has anyone used a near shore or inland fishing charter that kids and adults would enjoy? I’ve google but would love to hear first hand experience.

Not a fisherman so can't help you with fishing charters. But I am sure the concierge at either Ocean 22 or AOC could provide some recommendations. I have found them fairly knowledgeable about local information.

We have done owners' updates at Ocean 22 twice; once in 2016 and again this last March. The first one was quite informative and professional and we ended up buying a VIP package. At that time they were promoting upgrades to the new Ocean Enclave. This March was most unpleasant. The original sales rep was good, but the second "closer" was a real weasel. He just didn't want to take "no" as an answer. I think we got 30K HH points and a discount card. Wouldn't do it again.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
@CanuckTravlr and @GT75 any recs for lunch and/or dinner? We are thinking one seafood dinner and a couple of casual meals. Someone up here recommended a Grilled Cheese and Crab Cake Co? She is a friend of a friend so I really don’t know her tastes. Here’s the link: http://www.grilledcheesesc.com/menu.html

Any good deli’s? Burger places?

Haven't heard of Grilled Cheese and Crab Cake Co., but there are tons of restaurants in the Myrtle Beach area, so no shortage of choice and the Grand Experience card from the concierge will get you a 10% discount at a number of places. Our favourite burger/casual place at Ocean 22 is just around the corner on 21st Avenue North (a two-minute walk), called the River City Cafe (they give the discount). They are part of a local chain with a large selection of really good burgers and fries. The old-fashioned-style onion rings are fabulous and they have both a covered and open patio area.

We don't normally seek out delis when travelling, since we are looking for something different from home, so can't be of much help in that area. Be aware the little store off the lobby in Ocean 22 does offer some groceries and some pre-made sandwiches and pastries, etc. They also do a take-out or delivery service to the room for things like pizza and wings...which are decent. Sometimes convenient for those nights after a long day when you are too tired to cook or go out for dinner.

There are lots of seafood restaurants in Myrtle Beach, but for something a little different, we like to head about 30 minutes south to Murrells Inlet. There are a number of great casual restaurants there. Our favourite, although a little bit more upscale, is Wicked Tuna. The main restaurant and the outdoor patio have a great view looking out over the inlet. We tend to go more for lunch than dinner.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
We are booked in a standard (ocean view) 2 bedroom at Ocean 22 in the end of June.

Thanks for posting the photos in the view from the balcony thread! My family checks into a 1BR+ there next Saturday. Any type of location we should request, wondering if July 4th fireworks from the balcony is doable there?

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Thanks for posting the photos in the view from the balcony thread! My family checks into a 1BR+ there next Saturday. Any type of location we should request, wondering if July 4th fireworks from the balcony is doable there?

If you are in a 1-bedroom plus, then you are in an oceanfront (not a side ocean view) one bedroom. There are only two of those on each floor. Rooms are from the 4th to 24th floors.

Not sure what you mean by "if July 4th fireworks from the balcony is doable there?" As an owner there, I hope you meant can you see any fireworks from the balcony, and not, can you shoot off any fireworks from the balcony!! :eek:

Not having been there on July 4th, not sure where the fireworks take place, but you have an unobstructed view up and down the beach and straight out over the ocean. Enjoy!!

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you are in a 1-bedroom plus, then you are in an oceanfront (not a side ocean view) one bedroom. There are only two of those on each floor. Rooms are from the 4th to 24th floors.

Not sure what you mean by "if July 4th fireworks from the balcony is doable there?" As an owner there, I hope you meant can you see any fireworks from the balcony, and not, can you shoot off any fireworks from the balcony!! :eek:

Not having been there on July 4th, not sure where the fireworks take place, but you have an unobstructed view up and down the beach and straight out over the ocean. Enjoy!!

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yep. I meant if the public fireworks display would be viewable from the balcony. Now that you mention it, though, I am sure bringing our own would liven the place up.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

No problem on the photos. I was at Costco when a storm came through. Wished I could have grabbed some photos of that. My family said it was really a good lightening show.

About 2.5 weeks ago, I called and requested the highest floor we could get. When we checked in yesterday, we got the top floor. Absolutely love the view!

OMC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land
You should ask for an X09 room rather than an X10 room as a 1BR+. We found the balcony on the X09 better as it was open on one end to look down the beach. X10 has a divider to the balcony on one side and the balcony on X11 juts out a little bit farther than X10 blocking some of the view up the beach.

I think the layouts are otherwise a mirror image. We lucked out in getting X09 without realizing the difference.