• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Southwest just opened flight schedule through January 5, 2020

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
If you need flights for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or anytime up until January 5, 2020, SW finally opened their flight schedule.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep. Highly recommend you do it ASAP. I bought our tickets for Christmas, at 8AM Pacific time on the day the ticket window opened. About 2/3 of the flights for our itinerary were already sold out.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I grabbed some flights around the Thanksgiving holiday and saw the same thing Bob mentions above.
How can flights already be down to limited seating IF the schedule just opened? :shrug:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Around the holidays and popular times, Southwest does not release "wanna get away" fares for many of their flights. These are not sold out, that fare never existed. Of course, you can buy the more expensive Anytime or Business Select fares. We've noticed this more and more in the last couple of years.

Kurt

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Around the holidays and popular times, Southwest does not release "wanna get away" fares for many of their flights. These are not sold out, that fare never existed. Of course, you can buy the more expensive Anytime or Business Select fares. We've noticed this more and more in the last couple of years.

Kurt

I have found they do exist...but only a few and at the moment the schedule is released. Last year I was booking Aruba for thanksgiving week. I was able to secure 2 WGA fare as soon as the schedule went out. I then secured 2 more for my parents (but the WGA price went up). I went seconds later to secure 2 more for another couple, they were all gone. About 2 weeks prior to departure the last couple was able to reprice with WGA.

If you miss them...you just need to watch for them to come back, sometimes they do. I make it a practice to check all my SW flights daily for both lower prices on the flight I am on or the flights with a better schedule.

I was able to secure our week 52 flights to Orlando this week for $408 RT - Good price for that week, but I will still keep an eye out.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
And even after you book your flights keep watching for sales or just check to see if your fares have gone down. I've gotten back quite a few miles this way.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Sounds like SWA is becoming like certain timesharing reservations where you must reserve exactly when the window opens.

At what time does SWA release? I looked at 7:30 ET on the day is was suppssedly released but hadn't opened. Later that day was openned.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
At what time does SWA release? I looked at 7:30 ET on the day is was suppssedly released but hadn't opened. Later that day was openned.

In the past they typically release around 7:30am - 8:300 EST. This time they were around 9:15 EST.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
In the past they typically release around 7:30am - 8:300 EST. This time they were around 9:15 EST.
This release was kind of a total, unannounced, surprise. Schedule was supposed to open up on May 24. I checked on that date, and it hadn't opened up. The website then said it would open up on June 20. I saw the Facebook announcement it had opened on Thursday, then got the email from SW with the same information on Friday.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This release was kind of a total, unannounced, surprise. Schedule was supposed to open up on May 24. I checked on that date, and it hadn't opened up. The website then said it would open up on June 20. I saw the Facebook announcement it had opened on Thursday, then got the email from SW with the same information on Friday.
Not true. It was announced, but the date had changed at least once since their original estimate. My wife put in a reminder in my calendar at least 3 weeks prior that they were going to release the Nov-Dec flights on May 30th. And like a good husband, I promptly booked our flights that day.

Kurt

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Not true. It was announced, but the date had changed at least once since their original estimate. My wife put in a reminder in my calendar at least 3 weeks prior that they were going to release the Nov-Dec flights on May 30th. And like a good husband, I promptly booked our flights that day.

Kurt
Missed that update and even though I thought I knew the date was June 20 I was still checking to see if it opened sooner.

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
I've flown SWA about once in the last few years, so they release flights only about six months ahead ? I need WGA style fare one way Orlando to Dallas in late March 2020, getting home from a cruise ending in Port Canaveral. AA wants 30K miles each :(

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've flown SWA about once in the last few years, so they release flights only about six months ahead ? I need WGA style fare one way Orlando to Dallas in late March 2020, getting home from a cruise ending in Port Canaveral. AA wants 30K miles each :(
Keep this link handy, as it will indicate when the next schedule release date will be:
https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/

Currently, it says:
We are currently accepting air reservations through January 5, 2020. On July 10, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through March 6, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Kurt

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Keep this link handy, as it will indicate when the next schedule release date will be:
https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/

Currently, it says:

Kurt
Thanks for the link. It seems this next release in July is a lot sooner than they usually release the schedule. What I mean is, the last release was end of May, it seems like there is usually more time between releases. I wonder if the new flights to Hawaii have anything to do with it.