• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

can I Sell part of my contract?

bondy3

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been thinking a lot about it and as much as I love my membership, I could cut my membership dues down by like 75% by having less points (less maintenance) and I would still get about the same amount of value out of my membership (I mostly do extra vacations and last call, so I don't really need the points I have), and I was wondering if there is a way that I can sell (or give away) some of my points, but keep the actual wyndham membership.

I would also be willing to Ovation my contract and buy something else that was cheap as long as I could still get an RCI membership with it.

any thoughts or suggestions on what I should do?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been thinking a lot about it and as much as I love my membership, I could cut my membership dues down by like 75% by having less points (less maintenance) and I would still get about the same amount of value out of my membership (I mostly do extra vacations and last call, so I don't really need the points I have), and I was wondering if there is a way that I can sell (or give away) some of my points, but keep the actual wyndham membership.

I would also be willing to Ovation my contract and buy something else that was cheap as long as I could still get an RCI membership with it.

any thoughts or suggestions on what I should do?
There is a 28,000 point deeded contract on tugg marketplace. Sales price $0.01 and Pay closing and resort transfer fees only.

For Sale

28,000 Wyndham Points

USA | TN | Sevierville

Weeks:

Dates:

1/1/2019

12/31/2019

Season:

Bedrooms:

Bathrooms:

Sleeps:

Sales Price $0.01

Maint Fees $169.00

Posted: 5/15/2019 - Wyndham Smoky Mountains 28K annual pointsview ad

28K points contract at the Wyndham Smoky Mountains. Affordable $169.40/year maintenance fees. Good option for someone entering Wyndham timeshare system and wanting to use RCI for no additional charge. You pay the Wyndham transfer fee of $299 and closing costs ($200?).

email this member#213193

- member since Sep 2014

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
You don’t say how many points you have but if they are all in one contract at just one resort, you would not be able to sell or give back thru Ovation just a part of it. It would be all or nothing. You could give it back and then purchase a smaller amount of points, but something to keep in mind is the minimum program fee. If you have less than 233k points you will be charged the minimum fee no matter how few points you have. That will increase your cost per k making your overall maintenance fee fairly high.

If you currently have more points than you can use, maybe you can book some vacations for family and friends and recoup some of your MFs?

bondy3

Reaction score
You don’t say how many points you have but if they are all in one contract at just one resort, you would not be able to sell or give back thru Ovation just a part of it. It would be all or nothing. You could give it back and then purchase a smaller amount of points, but something to keep in mind is the minimum program fee. If you have less than 233k points you will be charged the minimum fee no matter how few points you have. That will increase your cost per k making your overall maintenance fee fairly high.

If you currently have more points than you can use, maybe you can book some vacations for family and friends and recoup some of your MFs?

I have been using almost all of my points, I just checked and this year I have 58k points that I dont have a plan for, but I try to use it all. I should find a way to use those points so they dont go to waste