• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Village @ Parkway Building 22

greenfit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were staying at Vacation Village @ Parkway and noticed there was no work being done on the newest Building 22. The outside looks almost finished; but no balcony railings and no workers!
Wondering why no activity for two weeks (in March 2019)?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I think they're waiting for sales to catch up with inventory before they get going on the interior finish & furnishing work.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

greenfit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they're waiting for sales to catch up with inventory before they get going on the interior finish & furnishing work.

Hmm a cash flow issue? They just raised the amenity fee to $30.00!
Are you an owner there?

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Are you an owner there?
Ex-owner.

We downsized -- shucked off our Vacation Village At Parkway 2BR triennial points unit & bought a Grandview At Las Vegas 1BR triennial points unit, eBay all the way. We get about 1/2 the annual points for about 1/2 the annual maintenance fee.

Reaction score
Ex-owner.

We downsized -- shucked off our Vacation Village At Parkway 2BR triennial points unit & bought a Grandview At Las Vegas 1BR triennial points unit, eBay all the way. We get about 1/2 the annual points for about 1/2 the annual maintenance fee.

We want to get rid of our deeded timeshares at VVP as well but were told by the resort that they have no deed back program.
They say we must pay $1500 per unit plus other costs!!!
How did you get rid of yours?
Did you sell it on eBay as you mentioned?

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We want to get rid of our deeded timeshares at VVP as well but were told by the resort that they have no deed back program.
They say we must pay $1500 per unit plus other costs!!!
How did you get rid of yours?
Did you sell it on eBay as you mentioned?
We offered it for sale cheap on the Bargain Giveaways section of TUG-BBS & very quickly got a taker.

Since then I believe the TUG-BBS policy allows only giveaways to be offered on the Bargain Giveaways section, as a way of preventing & avoiding disputes & disagreements over what constitutes a bargain.

I think (but can’t swear to it) that our Vacation Village At Parkway triennial points unit was the last TUG-BBS Bargain Giveaway offering to be sold rather than given away.

— Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Reaction score
We offered it for sale cheap on the Bargain Giveaways section of TUG-BBS & very quickly got a taker.

Since then I believe the TUG-BBS policy allows only giveaways to be offered on the Bargain Giveaways section, as a way of preventing & avoiding disputes & disagreements over what constitutes a bargain.

I think (but can’t swear to it) that our Vacation Village At Parkway triennial points unit was the last TUG-BBS Bargain Giveaway offering to be sold rather than given away.

— Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​
Thank you for the reply Alan.
Did you have to pay RCI any penalties or any money to transfer to new owner?

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
New owner paid closing & resort transfer & RCI transfer.

There were no penalties of any kind, not RCI or anything else. (Plus, I never heard of RCI penalties & I can't imagine what those would be or why RCI would be allowed to impose to any kind of penalty for anything.)

Reaction score
New owner paid closing & resort transfer & RCI transfer.

There were no penalties of any kind, not RCI or anything else. (Plus, I never heard of RCI penalties & I can't imagine what those would be or why RCI would be allowed to impose to any kind of penalty for anything.)

Thank you! That answer has given me peace of mind.

tsmatt40

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village Parkway
I had last been there 6 years ago until a bit ago, now saw building 22 is in the situation described above, window sticker still on the windows, no landscaping or parking lot done yet. There is a drawing on the map for a 3 section to go just south of it on that same plot as well in the resort map. If each double condo sells for around $20K per week thats $144Million of timeshare to be sold because it is 144 double units by my math. 12 floors and 24 1br suites per floor. They are maybe still selling building 20/21, which is MASSIVE. I was in awe looking at it this time because previously it was under construction yet and building 22 didn't even exist it was a parking lot for that previous business that was there.

I really do love being an owner there. I have an A+C biannual with $1000 maint fees every other year, gone up about 300 in 8 years, and 74000 points. Paid something like 11K-13K 8 years ago. The only time I need to use my points there is to get two units, otherwise I can always get an extra vacations booking on RCI. My favorite is building 16/17, been there 3 times and always go for poolside. I remember the first time we had A+C both booked on the top floor at the end and could watch the Disney fireworks every night off the balcony on the C unit.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Only time we stayed a week in both sides of a Vacation Village At Parkway 2BR suite was March 2021, & our reservation for that was something of a fluke.

During the 2020 coronavirus shutdown, we responded to an email Vacation Village special offer of $99 (total -- no tax, no points, no exchange fee) for a 1BR unit at Vacation Village At Parkway. For some reason our January 2021 reservation was eligible for RCI Platinum Unit Upgrade, which actually came through, meaning that our $99 1BR reservation got upgraded to 2BR. Unfortunately, when January 2021 rolled round, we were unwilling to travel because we were not yet vaccinated against covid-19, so we gave away that amazing $99 2BR reservation -- got a guest certificate for our friends who took our place & everything.

All was not lost. Early in 2021 another special Vacation Village special offer turned up in the email -- this time $159 for a 2BR reservation at Vacation Village At Parkway (no tax, no points, no fee, same as before). We signed up for check-in in March 2021. Naturally, if any specials like that turn up again in the future, we will pounce on'm quick.

For both special offers -- $99 in 2020 & $159 in 2021 -- Vacation Village At Parkway was not the only choice of timeshare resorts being offered, but it was what we chose because that resort is among our favorites & it was exactly what we wanted for the dates available.

Details of our March 2021 stay at Vacation Village At Parkway are in the TUG Resort Reviews section.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
We stay at VVP quite a bit, usually in 1 BR units though we've also been in 2 BR units. We try to ask for buildings 20 & 21 which are right up front. The pools there at VVP are wonderful, the furnishings in buildings 20/21 are updated and nice. But man, those beds are hard and the pillows are not great either. Get a cheap foam mattress topper at Walmart and a couple of pillows from Costco (or bring them). That mattress is so firm that I'm dreading any future Orlando trip.

rili

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a map of VVP? I have stayed there before and remember that it is huge. I am trying to decide which building to request but I cant find a map. Thanks for any info!

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Does anyone know where I can find a map of VVP? I have stayed there before and remember that it is huge. I am trying to decide which building to request but I cant find a map. Thanks for any info!

1624675335624.png

Hope the building numbers are visible for you.

~Diane