• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar availability SOs

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had the same thing happen to me, that is why I always double check using flexible check-in. I was able to get a WLR wk 52 studio using this method

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had the same thing happen to me, that is why I always double check using flexible check-in. I was able to get a WLR wk 52 studio using this method
this is nuts, Vistana should fix this, I wonder what other availability problems the system has that we do not even know about because we just see that there is nothing available so we assume that there is none indeed.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Can someone explain this anomaly? If i search one week @Harbourside, check in flexible starting 11/08/2019 i find 3 weeks starting on 9,10 or 11. However, if i perform the same flexible search starting 11/09/2019, there is nothing available.

View attachment 12154
*******************************************************************************************

*******************************************************************************************

View attachment 12155
It seems that the system is just plain glitchy. Not surprising as this seems to be a common issue among II, Vistana and Marriott. I searched for those same dates with the flexible checkin and got no results, I simply clicked Search again and it returned results.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
this is nuts, Vistana should fix this, I wonder what other availability problems the system has that we do not even know about because we just see that there is nothing available so we assume that there is none indeed.

It’s never been perfect. Just be glad it exists at all. We were promised an online reservation system for many years before they finally offered what we have today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s never been perfect. Just be glad it exists at all. We were promised an online reservation system for many years before they finally offered what we have today.

I am not sure we have to be content the internet experience is better than during the pre-Altavista era

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
the system is certainly buggy. When searching December 29th flexible check in for WLR I get 1 studio for Jan 1st.
Zero results though for the same search with December 30th or December 31
upload_2019-6-4_7-44-24.png

upload_2019-6-4_7-45-2.png

upload_2019-6-4_7-47-21.png

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Deleted

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
I think we've established it's not perfect. The flexible date usually goes +/- 3 days so I'm guessing the +3 days aspect doesn't work well when there's a change in year involved. It's still much better than when they removed that feature all together just after the merger. If in doubt you can always call them.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
i am not sure if it is clear where i am going. My concern is that there are weeks that we should be able to see (like 51-52 as regular platinum week owners at Lagunamar exactly when the 12 months window opens), but that we are not able to see because of some glitches in the system and not because they are not there. I am hoping that somebody from Vistana will look at these posts, realize there is a problem (because there is one) and decide to fix it.
The responses i got so far from Vistana are not convincing, I think that somebody with more technical expertise should look into this

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure I see the issue. There is perhaps only availability for seven nights starting on 1/1 because 12/30 or 12/31 are not available?
you should see the same results because 1/1 is within the three day window

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I have found the Vistana website to be very buggy and inconsistent since I joined several years ago. Results have been inconsistent and releases seem to come out of nowhere. I have eventually gotten everything I want but I need to check at all different times. Sometimes something is unavailable and a few hours later, I can book it or something even better.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I have found the Vistana website to be very buggy and inconsistent since I joined several years ago. Results have been inconsistent and releases seem to come out of nowhere. I have eventually gotten everything I want but I need to check at all different times. Sometimes something is unavailable and a few hours later, I can book it or something even better.

“Consistently inconsistent” is a phrase I’ve been using more and more often in regards to travel companies in recent years (particularly cruises), and applies to the Vistana website, as well.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
deleted