• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar availability SOs

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
This does not make sense to me, I am looking at the WLR availability for March 2020, we may need to add a week for friends that will travel at the same time with us. I know it is early and i cannot book this early with Staroptions but i am still confused about what I see now in the system.
The week March 7-14 2020 is not available with StarOptions (although available as a home reservation) but 21 days seem to be available with Staroptions for March 6-27 2020, period that of course includes March 7-14 2020 that is NOT available with SOs. How is this possible?

upload_2019-5-31_10-55-16.png

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

upload_2019-5-31_10-57-41.png

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Possibly because when you select 7 days starting on a Fri/Sat/Sun it's automatically defaulting to use your Home Resort Usage in the search so won't show you the StarOption option.

My Home Resort ownership there does not cover that period but if I try to make a reservation it does show me SO availability for those 7 days with reservations opening at the 8 month mark.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Possibly because when you select 7 days starting on a Fri/Sat/Sun it's automatically defaulting to use your Home Resort Usage in the search so won't show you the StarOption option.

My Home Resort ownership there does not cover that period but if I try to make a reservation it does show me SO availability for those 7 days with reservations opening at the 8 month mark.
But why would that be? I should have the option to chose from either a home usage or a StarOptions reservation (that come from another resort actually)

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
But why would that be? I should have the option to chose from either a home usage or a StarOptions reservation (that come from another resort actually)

I have had this problem before. I had to call reservations to fix my account.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I suppose they are just trying to be helpful as usually someone looking at a resort where they own in the 8-12 month window would be looking to make a Home Resort reservation. As far as a SO reservation it's a moot point at the moment because you can't make it anyway until you are inside the 8 month mark and as mentioned at that time you may have to call owner services to make sure you get what you want. However, if as mentioned in your OP you are using your Home Resort reservation for yourself then when you go to make another reservation at the 8 month mark for that same week for your friends it will only be able to offer you a SO option.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had this problem before. I had to call reservations to fix my account.
oh, so it was account specific in your case? good to know, thanks for the info, i will give Vistana a call

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
there must be a glitch since i can see weeks that can be booked with StarOptions starting Wednesdays but not Saturdays

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
oh, so it was account specific in your case? good to know, thanks for the info, i will give Vistana a call

Yes my situation was account specific. I had booked and canceled a reservation on my home resort and then it was re-deposited without home resort priority

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
there must be a glitch since i can see weeks that can be booked with StarOptions starting Wednesdays but not Saturdays
Because Fri/Sat/Sun are the start days for Home Resort reservations it's offering you a Home Resort reservation that you can actually make today rather than a StarOption one that you can't.

Try this out, make a Home Resort reservation so it's used up (remembering to cancel it later if you don't really want it). Then re-query the system and I'll bet it will offer you a StarOption one for a Fri/Sat/Sun start day.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because Fri/Sat/Sun are the start days for Home Resort reservations it's offering you a Home Resort reservation that you can actually make today rather than a StarOption one that you can't.

Try this out, make a Home Resort reservation so it's used up (remembering to cancel it later if you don't really want it). Then re-query the system and I'll bet it will offer you a StarOption one for a Fri/Sat/Sun start day.
unfortunately my weeks are used for next year so i could only add 7 days using SOs

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
unfortunately my weeks are used for next year so i could only add 7 days using SOs
So the actual problem is, according to the screenshot you included in the OP, is that the reservation system is offering you Home Resort usage when you've actually already used it? Sounds like you do need to give Owner Services a call.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the actual problem is, according to the screenshot you included in the OP, is that the reservation system is offering you Home Resort usage when you've actually already used it? Sounds like you do need to give Owner Services a call.
it is normal to show the availability even if you used up your weeks, but if you try to reserve the next screen would say that you have no weeks you can use. This is absolutely normal in case you want to change the week and you need to know if the new week is available before canceling the old reservation.

I called Vistana, waited for 20 minutes to talk to CS. A record as far as I can remember, maybe one of the "benefits" of the merger. I was told that it is normal I do not see them yet but that at 8 months i am going to be able to start to see the week I am looking at as an internal exchange. I hope that is going to be the case.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
hey DannyTS

did you try checking the box that allows for any check-in day and then start your search on Mar 5 or Mar 9.
I have had to do this in the past

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
hey DannyTS

did you try checking the box that allows for any check-in day and then start your search on Mar 5 or Mar 9.
I have had to do this in the past
I tried, I can see Staroptions availability any other day of the week EXCEPT Fri, Sat or Sun

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I can see the SO availability at Lagunamar for those seven nights. I don't own Lagunamar and would be using SVV StarOptions. So it is certainly an issue where it is wanting to show you only Home Resort booking option and not the SO option. Did you say that you have booked all your home resort reservations already or do you still have an open 2020 Lagunamar week unreserved?

I see the same issue when trying to book the same dates at SVV. I don't see any option to book a 2BR unit with StarOptions, just the ability to book it as a Home Resort reservation and all the other unit sizes as StarOptions.

The main problem is that you can't actually even book those dates right now at Lagunamar with StarOptions since the booking window doesn't open until July 6th. Once July 6th comes around, I suspect you will be able to see the StarOption booking option.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can see the SO availability at Lagunamar for those seven nights. I don't own Lagunamar and would be using SVV StarOptions. So it is certainly an issue where it is wanting to show you only Home Resort booking option and not the SO option. Did you say that you have booked all your home resort reservations already or do you still have an open 2020 Lagunamar week unreserved?

I see the same issue when trying to book the same dates at SVV. I don't see any option to book a 2BR unit with StarOptions, just the ability to book it as a Home Resort reservation and all the other unit sizes as StarOptions.

The main problem is that you can't actually even book those dates right now at Lagunamar with StarOptions since the booking window doesn't open until July 6th. Once July 6th comes around, I suspect you will be able to see the StarOption booking option.

I know it is early buy i will have to book that week eventually. Based on previous experience i should not have a problem booking it at 8 months. Indeed, i used up my home resort reservations already.

Thank you for confirming you encounter a similar situation with Bella, at least I know there is no issue with my account as Traveltime suggested.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes my situation was account specific. I had booked and canceled a reservation on my home resort and then it was re-deposited without home resort priority
This is the exact opposite problem that the OP is having. When you make an SO reservation you usually break your Home Resort booking option, even if you cancel that SO reservation. You can call and have that fixed. The problem that @DannyTS is having is where they can only make a home resort reservation. As expected right now when they are still only in the home resort booking window.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I know it is early buy i will have to book that week eventually. Based on previous experience i should not have a problem booking it at 8 months. Indeed, i used up my home resort reservations already.

Thank you for confirming you encounter a similar situation with Bella, at least I know there is no issue with my account as Traveltime suggested.
There is nothing to fix. I think it is possibly a bug or just the way the system was designed. Once 8 month booking window opens. You will be able to see that availability.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried, I can see Staroptions availability any other day of the week EXCEPT Fri, Sat or Sun
when I try your search I get 4 options. 2b, 1b or studio for home reservations and studio for SO reservations opening 07/07/2019

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
when I try your search I get 4 options. 2b, 1b or studio for home reservations and studio for SO reservations opening 07/07/2019
did you buy any of your contracts from the developer?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Before i looked at a 1 br since this is what i needed. You are right, when i search with any size, i can see a studio as an internal exchange but not a 1 or 2 bdr! I find this even more strange. I own 1 and 2 bdr lockout so either i should see none or all sizes with SOs.

upload_2019-5-31_21-31-22.png

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Before i looked at a 1 br since this is what i needed. You are right, when i search with any size, i can see a studio as an internal exchange but not a 1 or 2 bdr! I find this even more strange. I own 1 and 2 bdr lockout so either i should see none or all sizes with SOs.

View attachment 12149
Perhaps that one lone SO unit is an Ocean Side? It won't say it, but it is separate inventory.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps that one lone SO unit is an Ocean Side? It won't say it, but it is separate inventory.
I would agree except that when i change the date, it is still only the studio that shows up with StarOptions. This seems to be the case with any Saturday check in. Why would they have this separate inventory but just for studios?

upload_2019-5-31_22-16-47.png

upload_2019-5-31_22-17-37.png

upload_2019-5-31_22-18-35.png

upload_2019-5-31_22-20-52.png

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain this anomaly? If i search one week @Harbourside, check in flexible starting 11/08/2019 i find 3 weeks starting on 9,10 or 11. However, if i perform the same flexible search starting 11/09/2019, there is nothing available.

upload_2019-6-1_8-10-2.png

*******************************************************************************************

*******************************************************************************************

upload_2019-6-1_8-11-20.png

Last edited: