• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Should I buy Marriott Maui now or wait

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
I own a 1 BR at the Marriott Maui right now but I would like to buy 1, possibly 2 - 2 BR Marriott Maui resale timeshares. The question is, should I buy now or is there a better time to buy when I might get a better deal? I hear that the Marriott is buying 2 BR's at the Marriott Maui quite a bit right now and it's hard to pass ROFR. Do you think that timeshares there will go up or go down? Does the pricing depend on the time of year? I'd like to pick one up below 15k but I don't know if that's possible or if it would be more possible if I wait. Do timeshares in general depreciate after bought new and then drop to a certain point (maybe recession) then go back up? Thanks for the input!

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a 1 BR at the Marriott Maui right now but I would like to buy 1, possibly 2 - 2 BR Marriott Maui resale timeshares. The question is, should I buy now or is there a better time to buy when I might get a better deal? I hear that the Marriott is buying 2 BR's at the Marriott Maui quite a bit right now and it's hard to pass ROFR. Do you think that timeshares there will go up or go down? Does the pricing depend on the time of year? I'd like to pick one up below 15k but I don't know if that's possible or if it would be more possible if I wait. Do timeshares in general depreciate after bought new and then drop to a certain point (maybe recession) then go back up? Thanks for the input!
Timeshares bought resale may not always depreciate after you have bought them, it depends how good a deal you can find.
They rarely go back up though.
As for timing, there is a possibility that you can find better deals towards the end of the year when owners are re-evaluating their position and perhaps considering selling before the following years MF payments are due?

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Market value, at least for MOC OF seems to be currently set by ROFR threshold. Folks may contract for less, but Marriott gets the unit.

There is some thought that closings done late in the year and even early in the year might slip through if the Marriott ROFR budget is constrained. Strictly guessing by all as ROFR is far from consistent.

When shopping, see if your seller has reserved for 2020, for a week that is valuable for you. If you like summer you need to move now to allow the seller to reserve your week before you close. Guessing most winter weeks are gone, so if not already reserved for 2020 figure how 2020 usage and MF fits into your plans.

What view and buildings are you considering, e.g., old towers or new.

Also see ROFR.net and the ROFR thread above for more insight.

2BR OF in old towers are doable at $25k, with $23k being the big question mark.

2BR OV in old towers is probably doable under $15k and are probably the real sweet spot in value and getting good views when booking 13 months out, which you will be able to with 2-3 units.

Last edited:

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
2BR OV in old towers is probably doable under $15k and are probably the real sweet spot in value and getting good views when booking 13 months out, which you will be able to with 2-3 units.

There are no recent comps on ROFR.net, but I wonder if a 2BR OV in old towers could be bought for much less than $15K. Based on my experience buying our EOY 2BR OV about 18 months ago for $8K, I would tend to agree with your number that $15K for an EY would probably be somewhere in the ballpark, and it could pass for a little less than that even. But as you have noted in other posts, there is anecdotal evidence that MVC has raised the price at which they will exercise ROFR, so who knows if $15K would pass now? On Redweek, the annual 2BR OV units are listed from $15.9K to $16.5K, so that would be the starting point. Two of the three are broker listings, so you would think they were priced with at least some knowledge of other sales that might help pinpoint where the ROFR threshold might be.

If I were looking for such a unit and wanted to be sure I offered enough to get it past ROFR, I think I would be reluctant to go much below $15K on a deal, and who knows if that would even pass?

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
pricing for MOCs new and old have definitely been on the rise with Marriott continuing to raise the ROFR level. I would never buy a 1BDRM so the best deals would be on the 2/3 OVs but even those are going up and I doubt you can find one under $15k. I just had a broker offer me one at $15.5k plus $1200 closing so i think that is close to the going rate.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Market value, at least for MOC OF seems to be currently set by ROFR threshold. Folks may contract for less, but Marriott gets the unit.

There is some thought that closings done late in the year and even early in the year might slip through if the Marriott ROFR budget is constrained. Strictly guessing by all as ROFR is far from consistent.

When shopping, see if your seller has reserved for 2020, for a week that is valuable for you. If you like summer you need to move now to allow the seller to reserve your week before you close. Guessing most winter weeks are gone, so if not already reserved for 2020 figure how 2020 usage and MF fits into your plans.

What view and buildings are you considering, e.g., old towers or new.

Also see ROFR.net and the ROFR thread above for more insight.

2BR OF in old towers are doable at $25k, with $23k being the big question mark.

Thank you for the info. I am looking for a 2 BR OV annual use in the old towers.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are no recent comps on ROFR.net, but I wonder if a 2BR OV in old towers could be bought for much less than $15K. Based on my experience buying our EOY 2BR OV about 18 months ago for $8K, I would tend to agree with your number that $15K for an EY would probably be somewhere in the ballpark, and it could pass for a little less than that even. But as you have noted in other posts, there is anecdotal evidence that MVC has raised the price at which they will exercise ROFR, so who knows if $15K would pass now? On Redweek, the annual 2BR OV units are listed from $15.9K to $16.5K, so that would be the starting point. Two of the three are broker listings, so you would think they were priced with at least some knowledge of other sales that might help pinpoint where the ROFR threshold might be.

If I were looking for such a unit and wanted to be sure I offered enough to get it past ROFR, I think I would be reluctant to go much below $15K on a deal, and who knows if that would even pass?

Great input, thanks and that's good to know that you paid 8k for an EOY 2BR 18 months ago. I did see those on Redweek and they won't really budge on price, I've made offers on those. And, I've made offers on a few more and in one case the agent said that they wouldn't even present my offer below 17k given their last ones were bought back by Marriott at 16k and even 16,500 I believe.... So, they must want these 2 bedrooms pretty bad at Marriott if that is correct. I just don't want to pay 16k or 17k so I was hoping maybe there might be a better time to buy.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
pricing for MOCs new and old have definitely been on the rise with Marriott continuing to raise the ROFR level. I would never buy a 1BDRM so the best deals would be on the 2/3 OVs but even those are going up and I doubt you can find one under $15k. I just had a broker offer me one at $15.5k plus $1200 closing so i think that is close to the going rate.

That sounds about right from what I am seeing (and actually that may have been an offer from a broker who is looking for me). May I ask how much you paid for yours? Did you buy new?

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can always try at a lower offer and if you're unsuccessful, put it off a while. Or you could decide life's too short and go ahead and pay a little more then start using it sooner. Either way is reasonable if you are willing to put in some effort and you're ultimate plan is to buy anyway at some point.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can always try at a lower offer and if you're unsuccessful, put it off a while. Or you could decide life's too short and go ahead and pay a little more then start using it sooner. Either way is reasonable if you are willing to put in some effort and you're ultimate plan is to buy anyway at some point.
Ya, good advice. I've tried several offers around the 15k range to $15,500 range w/ the seller paying closing costs but I haven't been successful yet. I do own a 1 BR already there so I'm o.k. I do want to pick up a 2 BR just for extra time there but I could always rent also if we thought the prices would come back down a bit but I don't know if these resale timeshares go up in price or down in price. Thanks.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Something a few of us Maui buyers have experienced or rationalized is while getting the lowest price is nice, $1-3k shouldn’t be a deal breaker for something you will use for at least the next ten years. Increasing MF over the years and the sunk cost of buying will make the opportunity cost of getting want you want now of marginal concern. Factor in a giveaway sale price of 25-50% off in ten years, plus inflation, and it’s not that significant for Hawaii properties. And as Mox noted, stay with your 2BR, since the MFs are almost the same as a 1BR and you can lock off. If you only need a 1BR OV, you should look hard at just renting.

I bought a 2BR OF a few years ago for $18k when most were at $20k, my first Maui week, and it was a stretch..so you can get lucky, but as long as Marriott is spending ROFR money they will set the floor on pricing. FWIW, you might take a hard look at EOY at Waiohai, like JiminNC did. Lot to be said for pairing that with Maui.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ya, good advice. I've tried several offers around the 15k range to $15,500 range w/ the seller paying closing costs but I haven't been successful yet. I do own a 1 BR already there so I'm o.k. I do want to pick up a 2 BR just for extra time there but I could always rent also if we thought the prices would come back down a bit but I don't know if these resale timeshares go up in price or down in price. Thanks.
You'll have to decide how much your time and effort is worth. You could keep trying, you could wait and see if things ease up or you could pay a little more. Or you could buy elsewhere and try to trade in esp since you're OK with a 1 BR and tend to go lower season.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You need to talk to Sayed Sarmad and see what the going price that will pass ROFR actually is right now. I am sure he has some resales. I would never buy anything that is not oceanfront, which is why we bought what we bought, but it ain't Marriott or Westin. :)

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I would never buy anything that is not oceanfront, which is why we bought what we bought, but it ain't Marriott or Westin. :)

In most cases, I might be inclined to agree with the "oceanfront only" preference, but at Maui Ocean Club, the ocean view units can be fabulous as long as you can get a relatively high floor (5-9) or get a good placement on a lower floor. There are a lot of very, very nice ocean views at Maui Ocean Club and even single-week owners should have a good shot at one of those given that owners get preference in unit placement. In many ways I liked our 8th floor view this past March better than a direct-on ocean front. Having the pool in the foreground sort of adds to the "wow factor." We watched whales every morning right off shore. And given the lower price compared to OF, I think OV in the old towers at MOC is perhaps the best balance between cost and view.

IMG_0273.JPG

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In most cases, I might be inclined to agree with the "oceanfront only" preference, but at Maui Ocean Club, the ocean view units can be fabulous as long as you can get a relatively high floor (5-9) or get a good placement on a lower floor. There are a lot of very, very nice ocean views at Maui Ocean Club and even single-week owners should have a good shot at one of those given that owners get preference in unit placement. In many ways I liked our 8th floor view this past March better than a direct-on ocean front. Having the pool in the foreground sort of adds to the "wow factor." We watched whales every morning right off shore. And given the lower price compared to OF, I think OV in the old towers at MOC is perhaps the best balance between cost and view.

View attachment 12148
I'm kind of like you, I love the views of the Ocean and overlooking the pool at the same time, that's why I was thinking about buying an 2 BR OV now and maybe a 2 BR OF on my next purchase then selling my 1 BR OF later on. When I went stayed at the end of Feb. (before I become an owner) I was only on the 3rd floor in the Lanai building but had a view of the ocean and the beautiful view over the pool too. It would be great to own 1 of each, OF & OV.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
FWIW, you might take a hard look at EOY at Waiohai, like JiminNC did. Lot to be said for pairing that with Maui.

I'm kind of like you, I love the views of the Ocean and overlooking the pool at the same time, that's why I was thinking about buying an 2 BR OV now and maybe a 2 BR OF on my next purchase then selling my 1 BR OF later on. When I went stayed at the end of Feb. (before I become an owner) I was only on the 3rd floor in the Lanai building but had a view of the ocean and the beautiful view over the pool too. It would be great to own 1 of each, OF & OV.

On TXTortoise's suggestion about Waiohai on Kauai, just be aware the situation there is just the opposite of Maui Ocean Club. Whereas MOC has many great ocean views, getting a good ocean view assignment at Waiohai is tough unless you are a multi-week owner. The way the resort was built on the property limits the number of great ocean views and multi-week owners get first crack at those few. Single week OV owners might get a peek-a-boo ocean view or a view of the ocean over a public parking lot. For that reason, we chose to buy Island View at Waiohai. Lots a good chances for great IV views of the lagoons and grounds in units facing inward towards the beautiful landscaped lagoons and pools between the buildings. Plus, they are a bargain at around $4000 for EOY.

Ever since our trip to Hawaii in February/March, I've also been toying in my mind with whether we would want to expand to every year versus EOY -- so much so we decided to use our MVC Destination Points and HGVC Points to book a two-week trip to Maui/Big Island in February 2020 to test out a 2019, 2020, 2021 rotation. But right now, I'm so pleased with what we have and the price we bought it for, unless we decide we're 100% "all-in" on the every year rotation and/or need to preserve our Points for trips to other MVC locations outside Hawaii, I might just be inclined to stay put with what we own. Over the last 18 months, we've added resale ownerships that now give us a guaranteed three weeks in Hawaii in 2BR units every odd year for a total upfront cost of only a little over $15,000 plus closing costs. That counts our two EOY Marriott's and half of the cost of our EY HGVC:

EOY Odd 2BR OV Maui Ocean Club: $8,000
EOY Odd 2BR IV Waiohai: $4,000
50% of EY 7000 HGVC Points (HGVC Sea World - total cost $6500): $3250

Total purchase cost of $15,250 yields one week Kauai Waiohai, one week Maui Ocean Club, and one week at HGVC on the Big Island every odd year.

We then have the even year allocation of HGVC points (7000) and our every year MVC Destination Points (3375 points, made up of both Trust Points and points from our Hilton Head Barony Beach Club). By banking/borrowing the 3375 MVC points into the even years, we would then have the 7000 even year HGVC points plus 6750 MVC Points to use in the even years for even-year Hawaii trips or trips to other places. Those MVC points cost us a lot more to acquire than the resale weeks, but they do offer quite a bit of flexibility. Where we will likely run short is if we want to do something else in addition to Hawaii in the odd years and thus have to use some or all of our MVC points for that, giving us less to bank/borrow for even year use.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On TXTortoise's suggestion about Waiohai on Kauai, just be aware the situation there is just the opposite of Maui Ocean Club. Whereas MOC has many great ocean views, getting a good ocean view assignment at Waiohai is tough unless you are a multi-week owner. The way the resort was built on the property limits the number of great ocean views and multi-week owners get first crack at those few. Single week OV owners might get a peek-a-boo ocean view or a view of the ocean over a public parking lot. For that reason, we chose to buy Island View at Waiohai. Lots a good chances for great IV views of the lagoons and grounds in units facing inward towards the beautiful landscaped lagoons and pools between the buildings. Plus, they are a bargain at around $4000 for EOY.

Ever since our trip to Hawaii in February/March, I've also been toying in my mind with whether we would want to expand to every year versus EOY -- so much so we decided to use our MVC Destination Points and HGVC Points to book a two-week trip to Maui/Big Island in February 2020 to test out a 2019, 2020, 2021 rotation. But right now, I'm so pleased with what we have and the price we bought it for, unless we decide we're 100% "all-in" on the every year rotation and/or need to preserve our Points for trips to other MVC locations outside Hawaii, I might just be inclined to stay put with what we own. Over the last 18 months, we've added resale ownerships that now give us a guaranteed three weeks in Hawaii in 2BR units every odd year for a total upfront cost of only a little over $15,000 plus closing costs. That counts our two EOY Marriott's and half of the cost of our EY HGVC:

EOY Odd 2BR OV Maui Ocean Club: $8,000
EOY Odd 2BR IV Waiohai: $4,000
50% of EY 7000 HGVC Points (HGVC Sea World - total cost $6500): $3250

Total purchase cost of $15,250 yields one week Kauai Waiohai, one week Maui Ocean Club, and one week at HGVC on the Big Island every odd year.

We then have the even year allocation of HGVC points (7000) and our every year MVC Destination Points (3375 points, made up of both Trust Points and points from our Hilton Head Barony Beach Club). By banking/borrowing the 3375 MVC points into the even years, we would then have the 7000 even year HGVC points plus 6750 MVC Points to use in the even years for even-year Hawaii trips or trips to other places. Those MVC points cost us a lot more to acquire than the resale weeks, but they do offer quite a bit of flexibility. Where we will likely run short is if we want to do something else in addition to Hawaii in the odd years and thus have to use some or all of our MVC points for that, giving us less to bank/borrow for even year use.
Wow, that sounds like you have a great vacation plan! That's awesome! I hadn't been to Maui for 20 years (been busy raising 4 kids, persevering through the recession, etc.) but when we took our 4 mostly grown kids a couple months ago, we were in heaven. I felt like I was at home in Maui again. I've never been to another Island because I feel that I have found paradise in Maui. Maybe I should try another Island though but I'm a creature of habit, if I find something that I love, I'm more than content doing it over and over again and never get bored of it. So... the search is on. I'm looking for 1 or 2 - 2 BR's at the Marriott Maui Ocean Club.

And by the way, thank you guys for suggesting to contact Syed. I just spoke w/ him and he said that they are selling for around $16,500 right now and if I could get something in the 15's then I should do it but who knows if it would pass ROFR.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds about right from what I am seeing (and actually that may have been an offer from a broker who is looking for me). May I ask how much you paid for yours? Did you buy new?

I own 2BDRM units, 6 annual weeks and 6 EOY, 6 of which are OF and the rest OVs. 3 are in the new towers, an OF annual float, OF EOY and a OV. 2 were bought direct more than 15 years ago. Those 2 cost me $40k each. My best deal was the annual OF Lahaina for $19.1k all-in. Best OV is $13.1k.

Over the years I've made alot of offers that were rejected and some that were ROFR and some that I scored on so i take the approach there is always another deal out there. Lately I'm striking out because Marriott is ROFR at a much higher level, at least for MOCs. I just had the same OF Lahaina I got for $19.1k ROFR at $27k so I think if you want to buy one now you'll have to pay a premium.

I have 2 in right now with Marriott, a Lahaina OV at $19.2k and an OF Lahaina float at $26500 that comes with a free 2019 usage. I'm hopeful the OV will get through but don't expect the OF to get through.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own 2BDRM units, 6 annual weeks and 6 EOY, 6 of which are OF and the rest OVs. 3 are in the new towers, an OF annual float, OF EOY and a OV. 2 were bought direct more than 15 years ago. Those 2 cost me $40k each. My best deal was the annual OF Lahaina for $19.1k all-in. Best OV is $13.1k.

Over the years I've made alot of offers that were rejected and some that were ROFR and some that I scored on so i take the approach there is always another deal out there. Lately I'm striking out because Marriott is ROFR at a much higher level, at least for MOCs. I just had the same OF Lahaina I got for $19.1k ROFR at $27k so I think if you want to buy one now you'll have to pay a premium.

I have 2 in right now with Marriott, a Lahaina OV at $19.2k and an OF Lahaina float at $26500 that comes with a free 2019 usage. I'm hopeful the OV will get through but don't expect the OF to get through.
Wow, you definitely have the experience and own some great units. Thank you for the valuable info! So the best ocean view that you bought at 13.1k, was that at the original tower? And that's probably been a few years ago right? I can be patient because I already own a 1 BR unit there and that's fine for now, or I could rent if I want extra time. I'm just wondering if the prices will go up from here but it's probably all a guessing game without any way to know for sure.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
I second the Waiohai suggestion.
Upsides: It fronts Poipu beach. Deeds are much less than MOC. It has held its value quite well. Very easy to sell in my opinion. MF are lower than most other Marriott HI. Quiet resort, yet great shopping/dining nearby. Not overly touristy like MOC ("feels like Hawaii")
Downsides of Waiohai: Very few Ocean view units worthy of the name. Units are only 2BR with no lockoff option. So-so pool.

Should be easy to find an annual Island View Waiohai for $6K-$8K. Ocean View $11K-$13K.

But as to the original question, I wouldn't let fear of ROFR dictate my purchase timing. Marriott's gonna Marriott. If you are willing to pay a price and someone accepts, just enter the deal and cross your fingers. Every time I've passed ROFR my first thought has been "Woo Hoo!" and my second thought has been "how much less could I have paid for this?".

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, you definitely have the experience and own some great units. Thank you for the valuable info! So the best ocean view that you bought at 13.1k, was that at the original tower? And that's probably been a few years ago right? I can be patient because I already own a 1 BR unit there and that's fine for now, or I could rent if I want extra time. I'm just wondering if the prices will go up from here but it's probably all a guessing game without any way to know for sure.
2011 I bought the OV for $13k, but the OF Lahaina for $19k was just 3 years ago so Marriott has really upped their ROFR levels significantly . I can't imaging prices going much higher and in fact expect they will come down over the next few years.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Upsides: It fronts Poipu beach. Deeds are much less than MOC. It has held its value quite well. Very easy to sell in my opinion. MF are lower than most other Marriott HI. Quiet resort, yet great shopping/dining nearby. Not overly touristy like MOC ("feels like Hawaii")
Downsides of Waiohai: Very few Ocean view units worthy of the name. Units are only 2BR with no lockoff option. So-so pool.

Should be easy to find an annual Island View Waiohai for $6K-$8K. Ocean View $11K-$13K.

But as to the original question, I wouldn't let fear of ROFR dictate my purchase timing. Marriott's gonna Marriott. If you are willing to pay a price and someone accepts, just enter the deal and cross your fingers. Every time I've passed ROFR my first thought has been "Woo Hoo!" and my second thought has been "how much less could I have paid for this?".
That's a good idea but I really like the touristy feel of MOC, being right on Kaanapali beach and love the pool, location, etc. I do need the lockoff option also so the Waiohai might not be for me, thanks for the suggestion though.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2011 I bought the OV for $13k, but the OF Lahaina for $19k was just 3 years ago so Marriott has really upped their ROFR levels significantly . I can't imaging prices going much higher and in fact expect they will come down over the next few years.
Good to know, thanks!

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I have to offer a counter to say if you buy a MOC 2BDRM OV for even $4k more it's well worth it because the LO can bring so much value and can easily trade into Waiohai with the 1BDRM and probably with the studio in low season or flex time. And if you ever don't want to use your unit the MOC will almost rent for double what Waiohai will rent for.