• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SXM RCI Points Resort Recommendations

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I am looking for 3 day stay before or after a Tradewinds Cruise in SXM. How would people rate the RCI Points resorts available? Any preferences?

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking for 3 day stay before or after a Tradewinds Cruise in SXM. How would people rate the RCI Points resorts available? Any preferences?
Royal Islander Club la Plage (#1380) is OK - great for viewing planes landing at airport!

itd1sah

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at the Atrium in Simpson Bay. I was able to use RCI points for a few days before or after a cruise. Like the location because you can
walk to many restaurants/bars and there is a nice market nearby. If you wanted to rent a car for a day there is a rental agency across the
street. Next door is the Greenhouse Restaurant and the Buccaneer Beach Bar. Lees Roadside Grill is relocating across the street from the
Atrium but not sure when it will open. Also, many other choices within an easy walk.

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Only 2 replies to your post so far. Don't forget to use Resort Reviews section of TUG.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I think divi little bay was rebuilt after hurricane. We like the beach and snorkeling there. We’d stay there if we were going.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
I second divi. Great location nice calm beach. I have never seen the rooms but we spent a nice day here just hanging out on their beach. We will try this resort soon.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Islander Club la Plage (#1380) is OK - great for viewing planes landing at airport!
I have a stay at the Royal Islander starting this Saturday. My first time in SXM. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have looked at both RCI and out Tug review pages, but I can find NO way that indicates if a resort is RCI points or NOT. They used to have an icon on the RCI page, but it no longer there.

So how do you tell?