• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VIP update at MarBrisa

Judy Nagaoka

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to a VIP update at MarBrisa. I thought the reason we bought VIP was to try out the Hilton Timeshares System and we were very excited about it. After buying VIP I found TUG. I told them I was confused because they made us come back before we even got to take our vacation and if we did it after were used our points we had to pay $500 which I did because my mother was sick and I couldn't commit to going to MarBrisa at the time for a weekend. Since then my mother has passed away and I called them back and they refunded me my $500 when I booked my update at MarBrisa.

I promptly told the salesperson about the $500 and us not understanding. She told me the purpose of VIP was just to give us more time. That GPX actually is in charge of the VIP Program and we get to stay at GPX resorts not Hilton. They really want you to come back and buy and you can use the month invested in VIP as your down payment. Also they will give you the 7000 points to use in the Hilton program...

Since signing up for VIP we found basically a free timeshare at Carlsbad Seapoint (We paid $400 transfer fees and the 2019 maintenance) 1 bedroom every other year week #35 which generally falls around labor day weekend and is considered platinum week. At this time it is not hiltonized. The salesperson tried very hard for us to hiltonize this property. We decided against it as we will also given a timeshare at Laguna Shores every year and paid nothing for it not even transfer fees. The owner had already booked Christmas week at Laguna Shores and a week next April which happens to fall on my birthday. We really want to get our feet wet with these units and what we have before we do anything further.

One of the things the salesperson said is that trading with RCI is almost impossible? Is this true? Also you have greater trading power if you own a Hilton resort then just plain Seapointe Resort? Also what about trading with San Francisco Exchange? What we need to do to Hiltonize our Seapointe is buy a small amount of points from Hilton and they will convert our week. It will cost us approximately 12-14k and we will get 2400-4200 points in gold week. The told us this is today's offer then on leaving asked if they could call us back in 3-6 months... too funny. Also what if we bought another every other week the opposite year at Seapointe and got free or a good deal then decided to hiltonize both weeks it would they make the same kind of offer for two deeds? We live close to these resorts and it will be nice to have a get away close to home. We like the ides of trading it if we decide not to use our week. Thanks for your help.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
No access to II with Seapointe.

Using RCI with HGV is a fixed point ratio. RCI with Seapointe would be about 32 TPU and is variable based on many factors.

My Seapointe unit was bought resale when HGV points would still carry over. 6200 every year. That’s not possible any more.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Thanks for the correction. The 2018 Bargain Deals thread listed all three as exchange possibilities.

Judy Nagaoka

TUG Member
Reaction score

Using RCI with HGV is a fixed point ratio. RCI with Seapointe would be about 32 TPU and is variable based on many factors.

My Seapointe unit was bought resale when HGV points would still carry over. 6200 every year. That’s not possible any more.
They offered me 6200 if I bought as stated above. I could either use the points or my week #35 as per usual.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
They offered me 6200 if I bought as stated above. I could either use the points or my week #35 as per usual.

One thing to remember as well is that if you decide to sell that Seapointe week after it's been "Hiltonized'" it would revert back to just a GPX unit (no "Hiltonization"). I could be wrong, but I believe that the Hilton points wouldn't transfer on resale. If you have to get rid of the unit, you would probably have to give it away as it would lose any resale value that HGVC unit have.

Judy Nagaoka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh really that is an interesting point. I was told if I found one that has been hiltonized it would transfer to me as well. How do I find out this info for sure?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Oh really that is an interesting point. I was told if I found one that has been hiltonized it would transfer to me as well. How do I find out this info for sure?

Not anymore. I was lucky to get one before the policy changed. Legacy resort group doesn’t even sell Seapointe or Palisades anymore.

Judy Nagaoka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not anymore. I was lucky to get one before the policy changed. Legacy resort group doesn’t even sell Seapointe or Palisades anymore.
I don't know anything about Legacy Resort Group??

lvtraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagonita Lodge, Big Bear CA
I went to a VIP update at MarBrisa. I thought the reason we bought VIP was to try out the Hilton Timeshares System and we were very excited about it. After buying VIP I found TUG. I told them I was confused because they made us come back before we even got to take our vacation and if we did it after were used our points we had to pay $500 which I did because my mother was sick and I couldn't commit to going to MarBrisa at the time for a weekend. Since then my mother has passed away and I called them back and they refunded me my $500 when I booked my update at MarBrisa.

I promptly told the salesperson about the $500 and us not understanding. She told me the purpose of VIP was just to give us more time. That GPX actually is in charge of the VIP Program and we get to stay at GPX resorts not Hilton. They really want you to come back and buy and you can use the month invested in VIP as your down payment. Also they will give you the 7000 points to use in the Hilton program...

Since signing up for VIP we found basically a free timeshare at Carlsbad Seapoint (We paid $400 transfer fees and the 2019 maintenance) 1 bedroom every other year week #35 which generally falls around labor day weekend and is considered platinum week. At this time it is not hiltonized. The salesperson tried very hard for us to hiltonize this property. We decided against it as we will also given a timeshare at Laguna Shores every year and paid nothing for it not even transfer fees. The owner had already booked Christmas week at Laguna Shores and a week next April which happens to fall on my birthday. We really want to get our feet wet with these units and what we have before we do anything further.

One of the things the salesperson said is that trading with RCI is almost impossible? Is this true? Also you have greater trading power if you own a Hilton resort then just plain Seapointe Resort? Also what about trading with San Francisco Exchange? What we need to do to Hiltonize our Seapointe is buy a small amount of points from Hilton and they will convert our week. It will cost us approximately 12-14k and we will get 2400-4200 points in gold week. The told us this is today's offer then on leaving asked if they could call us back in 3-6 months... too funny. Also what if we bought another every other week the opposite year at Seapointe and got free or a good deal then decided to hiltonize both weeks it would they make the same kind of offer for two deeds? We live close to these resorts and it will be nice to have a get away close to home. We like the ides of trading it if we decide not to use our week. Thanks for your help.
That's funny.. We signed up for VIP as well, and at the sales pitch for GPP the sales lady made such a big deal that 7000 was over her "normal allotment" offer. Glad we didn't take the bait

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I don't know anything about Legacy Resort Group??

Legacy Resort Group is the resale company at Carlsbad Inn. It’s part of GP Resorts.

I own week 35 at Seapointe also.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a time when exchanging HGVC timeshares via RCI got you some really nice gold crown units. This just doesn’t seem to be true anymore. I’ve been playing with an ongoing search for years now and it just keeps giving me really bad timeshares. I probably should just cancel the search and get my money back.

Judy Nagaoka

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's funny.. We signed up for VIP as well, and at the sales pitch for GPP the sales lady made such a big deal that 7000 was over her "normal allotment" offer. Glad we didn't take the bait
I'm glad we bought the VIP. We went to Cabo Azul and it was fantastic.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
There is an aggressive sales push at Marbrisa, I’ve been getting this email every week.

THE DETAILS

*299 package includes a Sunday-Wednesday arrival at Hilton Grand Vacations Club at MarBrisa in a Studio or Grand Pacific Palisades Resort & Hotel in a deluxe hotel
room (Sleeps up to 2 adults and 2 children). Weekend, Condo and Holiday upgrades may be available for an extra fee. Reservations are subject to availability.

THIS ADVERTISING MATERIAL IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING SALES OF A VACATION OWNERSHIP PLAN (TIME-SHARE) IN CALIFORNIA. THE COMPLETE OFFERING TERMS ARE IN AN OFFERING PLAN AVAILABLE FROM THE DEVELOPER.

Your package also includes ONE of the following:
• $100 Dining Gift Card
• $100 Spa Gift Card
• 15,000 Hilton Honors Points
Plus a special preview tour of
Hilton Grand Vacations Club at MarBrisa!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro