• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Enlighted me.....what is it about Cape Cod?

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
My whole family has love for the Cape. My parents started going there when dating in the 60’s, and then once they were married we went up as infants and into adulthood every year to Chatham. I love the seafood but I don’t like the traffic during the summer. We rent cottages or houses for the family.
But the best was Liam’s Fried Onion Rings at Nauset Beach.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Off to the Cape this weekend and may have to try Liams onion rings. Best I've ever had were in coastal Maine, but both of those places are now gone. We have no set plans for this trip, tho we already checked out some menus on line. Those into biking may enjoy biking the rail trails on the cape. I think we may look at the Herring Run again.

e.bram

Reaction score
We have two weeks on the Cape at Surfside Resort in East Falmouth. It is right on the ocean and has a pond behind if you like to kayak.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Duplicate post

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Bummer ! Read the reviews for Kate's and will probably not go.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
We have stayed at Surfside and liked it. The only negative was having to cross the road to get on the beach. We also prefer the Hyannis/ Dennis area.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All - OP here. Well the conversation came up again in the lunch room at work. A mix of people of own 2nd homes on the Cape, have moved to the cape, some vacation there and others have no interest.

We came to this conclusion:

The people that enjoy the cape tend to live inland - so the small town charm, beaches, etc is an attraction (and the low real estate tax rates for those that own).

The people that have no interest, already live in small coastal towns. We can find all that charm outside our front door without the traffic. We tend to head north to the mountains for something different.

My kiddo (13) will be returning from today from a weekend stay in Dennis at a friends house. It will be interesting to see what her take is.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Cold wind on the shore tonite, drove by Kate's a couple of times this trip and they are not open. Went to Chapins for dinner Saturday and Capt. Frostys tonight. Chapins has changed a bit but still way better than Capt. Frostys for fish and chips.

latertater

Reaction score
Cape Cod is all about memory and nostalgia. Growing up and staying at little motels and housekeeping cottages, and going to the beach. It does have a lot of natural beauty, outdoor activities, and small towns with a lot of history. Fishing, seafood shacks, sunsets, and small businesses - places and residents with character. All of this can be enjoyed on the offseason(except swimming), and people are increasingly moving to the Upper Cape and telecommuting, eyeing retirement there. We enjoyed timesharing there, running down with friends on Memorial Day weekend / Labor Day weekend, and rambling all over the place. This is getting tough to do from May through August as the traffic is epic. We did a family vacation with the inlaws from NYS and their kids, and they said they won't be returning unfortunately. They loathed the traffic, and they were staying out in the mid-Cape area (Yarmouth) and there was too much driving. They prefer Cape May which is such a long drive but once you are there you can walk everywhere so I can see the appeal.

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just arrived today at Brewster Green and had a casual seafood dinner at Land Ho in Orleans. We’re looking forward to the overall vibe of quaint oceanside towns, visiting historic sites, shopping in antique and gift shops, walks and drives in scenic areas, and fresh seafood. I wouldn’t come here to swim, and I’d rather not be here in high season. This should be a good week to enjoy the Cape.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Just got home from the Cape. The traffic to the cape was horrendous and log jammed from miles beyond the bridge. Saturday of Memorial Day weekend is not a great time to go if you hate heavy traffic and traffic jams.

Polly - get directions at the resort to go see the herring run by the mill off 6A one day in your travels. Brewster Green is a great place to stay. The coffee and meeting there is not a sales ploy. Szechuan Delight is the best Chinese food we found on the cape and it's not far away in a shopping center at the corner of rt. 137 and 39.

Last edited:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Just got home from the Cape. The traffic to the cape was horrendous and log jammed from miles beyond the bridge. Saturday of Memorial Day weekend is not a great time to go if you hate heavy traffic and traffic jams.

Polly - get directions at the resort to go see the herring run by the mill off 6A one day in your travels. Brewster Green is a great place to stay. The coffee and meeting there is not a sales ploy. Szechuan Delight is the best Chinese food we found on the cape and it's not far away in a shopping center at the corner of rt. 137 and 39.

Thanks for the restaurant info! We'll be at Brewster Green in a week.

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the tip. We went to orientation and someone said the herring run was over. Can’t hurt to check, though.

So far, we’ve gone to Provincetown, the Marconi Museum, saw Chatham Lighthouse, etc. We had excellent lunches in Wellfleet at The Bookstore and also the Pearl.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. We went to orientation and someone said the herring run was over. Can’t hurt to check, though.

So far, we’ve gone to Provincetown, the Marconi Museum, saw Chatham Lighthouse, etc. We had excellent lunches in Wellfleet at The Bookstore and also the Pearl.

The lower level of The Bookstore (The Bombshelter) was a place I stopped in with some regularity in the 80s
(I was living in Wellfleet)

Pat

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We stayed a week at Cape Cod Holiday Estates in Mashpee. The units are small single family houses, and we liked the resort, having our own little house in the woods. We did day trips to the aquarium, Provincetown, and Martha's Vineyard. We even left the cape to tour the Plymouth Plantation and see Plymouth Rock, and a cranberry farm. Plymouth is HQ for Ocean Spray. (I think the plantation has since burned down) It was all OK, but we never went back.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Plymouth Rock was less than exciting.

The entire town of Plymouth is less than exciting as far as I am concerned!
If you are not too deep onto the cape, a visit to Providence or Newport RI is a much better day trip.

If you absolutely need to visit the area, Plymouth Plantation is ok.
https://www.plimoth.org/

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What, no one has mentioned the Potato Chip factory? :) OK, not that thrilling, but a fun diversion.

My family vacationed in little beach cottages up in North Truro when I was a child, so I guess my fondness is sentimental, plus I spent a few parts of summers in Provincetown as a teen, and then 1 timeshare exchange into a nice P'town TS that I think is no longer functioning. We don't seem to use our timeshare ownerships there, but probably would if we lived closer.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Checked in to Brewster Green today for 2 weeks. They’ve made some improvements since we were here 4 yrs ago though we are in a different unit.

Drove 1200 miles over three days to get here. Took a detour up to visit West Point and see a little of the Hudson Valley. Spent last night in Mystic, CT. We love that area too and might rent a cottage there someday.

This is our 3rd time on the Cape. We love Maine best of all but it is so far to drive from SC. The Cape is a good compromise. The seafood, better shopping but not the rocky shoreline or the views of Maine. Don’t want to be at any of them during high season. Traffic coming on to the Cape at 3 PM on a Friday was not bad. One short slow down over the bridge and through the traffic circle and all was clear after. Hoping for good weather but happy to be out of the 100 degrees we had in SC before we left.