• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How many Worldmarks have you stayed at ?

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always try to book during Monday Madness, Inventory Specials or Bonus time. Paying the $85.00 housekeeping fee for only one night does not sit well with me so I try and avoid booking during "regular" booking time, unless I have no choice, like in Kauai or Maui where it is still cheaper to stay there than in a regular hotel room. We have owned since 2011 (resale, of course !) and have stayed at the following 15 resorts:

Bass Lake X 1
Angels Camp X 1 (Big hard sell staff here to try and pressure you take update tour.)
Running Y X 1
These were booked on Inventory special for stops on a recent road trip to Yosemite and Monterey area.

Seaside X 12 plus
Closest resort to my home, we like to lure our Seattle based kids down over Labor Day weekend. Also use this for a last minute bonus time for a night on the weekend.

Birch Bay X 2 (Another high pressure to take update, both times)
Mother's Day weekend trips, easy for our kids to get to.

Eagle Crest X 5 plus
We like to book this in late October when blue season starts, very reasonable and the weather is usually good. Have gotten a few summer nights here on Bonus Time too, it can be quite crowded.

Kapaa Shore X 2
We have supplemented a week we have traded for with our Westin for few day extra days here.

Discovery Bay X 1
Another Mother's Day destination. Nice setting, but pretty isolated. Good place to sit and look at the water and "veg".

Depoe Bay X 1
Love the setting. Very popular destination.

Long Beach X 1
A newer resort that needs lots of points. You can walk to town.

The Camlin X 2
If I cannot get this on Bonus Time, Monday Madness or Winter Madness or the like, it is usually cheaper to Hotwire a downtown hotel, than pay the points and the housekeeping fee. My daughter bought a house in Seattle with room for us to stay so I don't have to deal with this any more.

Arrow Point X 1
Very pretty, but isolated.

Oceanside X 1
Was not wild about the neighborhood, seemed a little "gritty".

Mission Valley X 1
Needed one night after a wedding.

EDITED TO ADD:
Kehei X 1

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
A week at St. George for us.
Review available here.

A week at Blaine for us.
Review available here.

I'd stay at both of these locations again if future travel needs aligned...

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
One that I can think of. That was the Worldmark Kona. Didn't care for the unit much and wouldn't stay at that one again.

Are you including the Wyndham Worldmark as well?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I really enjoyed both of your reviews--very informative and well done.

Thank you, Karen! I enjoy writing about a stay for many reasons but one (admittedly selfish) reason is it helps me recall the stay in future years in case we want to return to that same area. A more useful reason (to others who happen to read a review I wrote) is we have found many destinations because of the detailed reviews others wrote in the past. I guess that's my version of Pay it Forward!

Tahiya

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
WorldMark was the first timeshare we bought. We purchased second hand, in 2005. We've stayed at multiple WorldMarks, multiple times. We like to use Monday madness quite a lot.

We've stayed at all the Worldmarks in Oregon except for Seventh Mountain and Portland.

We've stayed at all the Washington WorldMarks except Lake Chelan Shores.

Other stays include all the WorldMarks in Canada; all the WorldMarks in Northern California; all the Worldmarks in Hawaii accept Valley Isle; Wolf Creek Utah, St George Utah; and Estes Park Colorado.

Except for WorldMark Kihei, which we like, we use the Hawaii resorts to fill in a night here or there when we have other timeshare reservations that have a gap. In Southern California, we prefer other resorts to WorldMark, with the exception of Inn at the Park, which we like.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never stayed at a Worldmark resort. I would like to give them a try, but haven't been able to yet.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
One that I can think of. That was the Worldmark Kona. Didn't care for the unit much and wouldn't stay at that one again.

Are you including the Wyndham Worldmark as well?

I liked the WM Kona well enough for a resort that has no beach view. For me, a block away is too far. Same with WM Kehei. It is not really beach front or direct ocean view because it is across the street from the beach. Even so, not bad as it is WM. For Hawaii, the Valley Isle is ocean front but some years the beach disappears.

We use the WM Seaside the most. WM Depoe Bay was very close ocean front but no beach. WM Discovery Bay was 10 ft from the bay off the deck. WM Victoria was in the harbor and was a good view. WM Canadian was good for a big city. WM Lake Chelan has very large three bedroom units but the view is not great and the main road is right in front of the deck. WM Lake Chelan Shores is one of my favorite WM's. WM Eagle Crest is good for golf. We had family in Sisters so we used this resort alot back then. WM in Bend , Inn at the Seven Mountains is a good location for Bend Oregon. WM Leavenworth is a favorite of my wife for October-fest and Christmas Lighting. WM Surfside is a good resort for fishing Buoy 10. WM Longbeach is a nicer than WM Surfside but there is no place to park a boat at the Longbeach location. We use the Camlin for Seattle hospital visits mostly. We use the WM Running Y for driving trips as a driving break. WM Anaheim was a great place to stay while taking the kids to Disney Land. WM Oceanside was a fun place to surf and goof around at the pier.

The WM Coral Baja was ok but I haven't been back since the storm and all of the remodeling.

For a while Worldmark had the ability to make reservations at Morritts in Grand Cayman , Vacation Internationale certain resorts like the Sea Village in Kona and other places. We did Morritts and Sea Village through the WM portal. I liked Sea Village so much we bought a Vacation Internationale RTU.

I did leave reviews for most of our WM stays. I haven't had a bad WM unit yet.

Bill

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I am only a Wyndham Member, but with clubpass access that I hate not getting my VIPP perks with. Have stayed at:

TX
Marble Falls - 2nd visit with be week of 4th of July
Hunt - 1X
New Braunfels - 5X

Others
West Yellowstone 1X
St George 2X

I have stayed somewhere else but it is escaping me right now.....

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
Mission Valley; Oceanside; Inn at the Park
Anaheim; Dolphin Cove
St. George; McCall for us.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Including WMSP - 35 different Resorts. Many of these have multiple trips since August 2002. Sydney 2 trips. Rotorua 2 trips. Coral Baja probably 6 or 7. Kihei 4 to 6. Victoria 4 or 5. Canadian 4 or 5. Windsor at least 4 trips. Clear Lake 2 or 3. Mission Valley 2 or 3. Seaside at least once per year.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
52+ including WMSP

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Wow !!! I haven't been to any of the South Pacific resorts. Which one do you like best ?

Bill
We've only been to two WMSP (Port Stephens and Sydney Suites) plus Boambee Bay via RCI. Of the three, my personal favorite was Boambee Bay. Strangely, the Sydney Suites no longer appears on the Resort map?

WMSP Port Stephens was too focused on being a golf club. One wasn't invited or allowed to walk anywhere unless officially playing golf. I felt very disconnected from nature while on the property but really loved the general area and activities. We took a guided nature trail through the Tilligerry Habitat for Koala sightings and a fabulous dolphin encounter on Catamaran on Nelson Bay. Both provided my 'nature' fix! We also enjoyed meandering the Nelson Bay area for shopping & dining. So, we loved the area ... but the resort left me 'cold.'

Really didn't like Sydney Suites. The units are tiny and ineffective. No privacy between the master bedroom and bath given the glass wall used to separate the two spaces. Thus, to use the bathroom, one had to lock off the entire master bedroom. A night-time trip to the toilet was an adventure in total darkness as turning on a light would wake the spouse. It was a weird place, indeed. However, once we mastered using local transportation (bus and rail) and could reach the harbour ... life relaxed. We spent most of our time on or near the water and took a splendid day trip to the Blue Mountains.

Boambee Bay, however, was a hit right from the git'go. It was a simple resort surrounded by nature. The resort offered kayaks (free?) for exploring the creek and estuary. Lots of birdlife, great pool, relaxing, friendly ... simply "a hit." Loved it.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I feel like such a newbie at this. We’ve stayed at:

WM Leavenworth
WM Seattle The Camlin
WM San Francisco
WM Avenue Plaza
And currently driving to WM St. George.

Dave

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I feel like such a newbie at this. We’ve stayed at:

WM Leavenworth
WM Seattle The Camlin
WM San Francisco
WM Avenue Plaza
And currently driving to WM St. George.

Dave

Just swing up to Northern Utah on your way back and could almost double your count (Wolf Creek, Bear Lake, Park City, Midway)... plus a night at Estancia (which is technically a separate resort).

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just swing up to Northern Utah on your way back and could almost double your count (Wolf Creek, Bear Lake, Park City, Midway)... plus a night at Estancia (which is technically a separate resort).

Speaking of Bear Lake, we are headed there soon and looking forward to it. Any must - do or must - see suggestions in that area, Eric?

I'm surprised there are only -3- reviews of WM Bear Lake on TUG.....there will be a 4th soon!

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We've only been to two WMSP (Port Stephens and Sydney Suites) plus Boambee Bay via RCI. Of the three, my personal favorite was Boambee Bay. Strangely, the Sydney Suites no longer appears on the Resort map?

WMSP Port Stephens was too focused on being a golf club. One wasn't invited or allowed to walk anywhere unless officially playing golf. I felt very disconnected from nature while on the property but really loved the general area and activities. We took a guided nature trail through the Tilligerry Habitat for Koala sightings and a fabulous dolphin encounter on Catamaran on Nelson Bay. Both provided my 'nature' fix! We also enjoyed meandering the Nelson Bay area for shopping & dining. So, we loved the area ... but the resort left me 'cold.'

Really didn't like Sydney Suites. The units are tiny and ineffective. No privacy between the master bedroom and bath given the glass wall used to separate the two spaces. Thus, to use the bathroom, one had to lock off the entire master bedroom. A night-time trip to the toilet was an adventure in total darkness as turning on a light would wake the spouse. It was a weird place, indeed. However, once we mastered using local transportation (bus and rail) and could reach the harbour ... life relaxed. We spent most of our time on or near the water and took a splendid day trip to the Blue Mountains.

Boambee Bay, however, was a hit right from the git'go. It was a simple resort surrounded by nature. The resort offered kayaks (free?) for exploring the creek and estuary. Lots of birdlife, great pool, relaxing, friendly ... simply "a hit." Loved it.

Hi Rhonda. Were you living in Australia or flying back and forth ?

Bill

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I liked the WM Kona well enough for a resort that has no beach view. For me, a block away is too far.
We didn't like the Worldmark Kona for several reasons. We had five people staying in a two bedroom, and the fifth person was on a murphy bed in the living room, which made the space tight when it was pulled down. But the worst part was the lanai. We couldn't use it. It was small, on back with no view, but the worst part was that a/c vented out onto the lanai which made it hot and uncomfortable. You couldn't get a cross breeze in the unit so we needed to leave the a/c on. Just not a very comfortable unit overall.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We have stayed at Sydney Suites twice. Both times in a 2 Bedroom and did not have the Bathroom Privacy issues. As for WMSP Resorts it depends on what you want. Sydney Units do have a smaller foot print. But then so does the Canadian and NOLA. We loved the Sydney Resort and Sydney. But we also loved Rotorua. The North part of North Island is geothermally active. There is also Hobbiton, the Glow Worm Caves, etc. We have been to both twice. Once on the same trip. We also loved Tasmania and we are going back next February. This time for 2 weeks.

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bass Lake
Angels Camp (won't go back due to the excessive fees imposed by the city)
Marina Dunes
San Francisco
Windsor
Clear Lake
Running Y, Oregon
Indio
Solvang
Ocean Walk, Florida
Arrow Point, Idaho
West Yellowstone, Montana
Lake Tahoe, Nevada
Reno, Nevada
Grand Lake, Oklahoma
Wolf Creek, Utah
Victoria, Canada
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Canmore-Banff, Canada

Was fun remembering them.

Mike & Edie

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Guess I need to get vacationing.... only 48 here (but no WMSP).
When we first purchased there were 30'something locations, or so we were told by sales. We set a goal to visit every one ... but the list keeps growing! We'll keep trying!!

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Rhonda. Were you living in Australia or flying back and forth ?

Bill
Just visiting! The first trip was in 2002 using a "9/11" airfare special ($450 pp r/t lax). The fare was advertised in very early Sept with the restriction that you must fly, internationally, on 9/11. So, with about 10 days notice, we found ourselves in Australia! We flew LAX>Sydney, took the rail north to get out of the city before renting a car and then drove to Coffs Harbour. Saw the Big Banana, walked around the WM Coffs Harbour resort but stayed at Boambee Bay (RCI last minute rental week). Did lots and lots of touring in that area before working our way back down the coast towards Sydney including our stay in the Nelson Bay area (WM Port Stephens).

The second visit was in fall 2016. We sailed on Holland America from San Diego to Sydney (25 nights, lots of island hopping along the route) and then had a week at the WMSP Sydney Suites. Returned home flying on Award Miles in Business Class with lay flat seats. Sooooo awesome. Every bit of it.