• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Problems with SFX

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am really getting upset with them!

I deposited my 2017 week (so my credit will expire this summer) and even though I asked for several different exchanges they were unable to find me what I wanted last year. Admittedly, we are limited in when we can go and I am somewhat picky. Still, if they had a decent online supply I would probably have found something (sometimes you don't know you would like something until you see it).

Anyway, I was trying to input an exchange request but it didn't work even though I tried a couple of times (everything seems to work/no error messages but the request does not show up). I had the same problem last year so I wasn't that surprised.

I went ahead and sent an email to the employee I communicated with last year. When I hadn't heard back after a week (possibly he is sick/on vacation/no longer working there) I sent another email to the general SFX email address but it has been several days and I still haven't heard back.

We had a good/decent experience with SFX the first two years but I am pretty fed up now. They seem to have very little availability (I did get what I wanted last year through RCI and have TPU to spare), their website is horrible, and they don't seem to bother replying to emails either.

Pretty much looks like I will have to forget about our credit - we only own one timeshare so losing a week really hurts!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I am really getting upset with them!

I deposited my 2017 week (so my credit will expire this summer) and even though I asked for several different exchanges they were unable to find me what I wanted last year. Admittedly, we are limited in when we can go and I am somewhat picky. Still, if they had a decent online supply I would probably have found something (sometimes you don't know you would like something until you see it).

Anyway, I was trying to input an exchange request but it didn't work even though I tried a couple of times (everything seems to work/no error messages but the request does not show up). I had the same problem last year so I wasn't that surprised.

I went ahead and sent an email to the employee I communicated with last year. When I hadn't heard back after a week (possibly he is sick/on vacation/no longer working there) I sent another email to the general SFX email address but it has been several days and I still haven't heard back.

We had a good/decent experience with SFX the first two years but I am pretty fed up now. They seem to have very little availability (I did get what I wanted last year through RCI and have TPU to spare), their website is horrible, and they don't seem to bother replying to emails either.

Pretty much looks like I will have to forget about our credit - we only own one timeshare so losing a week really hurts!
Did you try calling them? I never have good luck with general emails, no matter the company.

I agree that SFX has limited weeks (and not much online) so you need to play their game to get something. Mexico is always available, but not sure if that is some place that would work for you. San Francisco can also be something you could get (although at this late date it would be getting to be a tough exchange). SFX deposits can be easily extended by making a new deposit, but I suspect that you would be reluctant to do that which under the circumstances is understandable. What did you deposit and what are you looking to get? I could also be a trade power issue.

FWIW, since you have a very limited travel window, SFX may not be the best place for your deposit in the future. RCI is more expensive than SFX but does get a very large number of deposits so you will always have more choices. If I was in this situation, I would be checking daily to see what they have online in addition to trying to put in an exchange request. I would also be asking for a free deposit extension due to issues on their end (not being able to make an online exchange request, not receiving any responses to multiple emails). You can't get if you don't ask, so no harm there. Good luck.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Yes, definitely call them. I have found that to be the best for all interactions with SFX.

Kurt

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I recommend not depositing anything more with them, unless you are prepared to lose your week.

I have taken exchanges I thought I might be able to use (not the resorts I wanted or the time of year I requested), and then I couldn't use the weeks. I am somewhat flexible, but not as flexible as required by SFX.

I deposited weeks in prime seasons and then was told they were not prime season, which was surprising.

I need to be able to search inventory myself to commit to something that I can really use. I don't like their system at all.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Unfortunately, there will be cheerleaders who will come here and completely discredit me by saying they get great exchanges, exactly what they want, in prime seasons. It's as though there are employees of SFX whose sole purpose is to undermine those of us who are honest about our experiences with SFX. Believe me or don't believe me, but I have about 10 deposits that will never be used.

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you try calling them? I never have good luck with general emails, no matter the company.

I agree that SFX has limited weeks (and not much online) so you need to play their game to get something. Mexico is always available, but not sure if that is some place that would work for you. San Francisco can also be something you could get (although at this late date it would be getting to be a tough exchange). SFX deposits can be easily extended by making a new deposit, but I suspect that you would be reluctant to do that which under the circumstances is understandable. What did you deposit and what are you looking to get? I could also be a trade power issue.

FWIW, since you have a very limited travel window, SFX may not be the best place for your deposit in the future. RCI is more expensive than SFX but does get a very large number of deposits so you will always have more choices. If I was in this situation, I would be checking daily to see what they have online in addition to trying to put in an exchange request. I would also be asking for a free deposit extension due to issues on their end (not being able to make an online exchange request, not receiving any responses to multiple emails). You can't get if you don't ask, so no harm there. Good luck.

I know that calling is their prefered method but would rather avoid that as I don't like phones that much and live overseas so it is always difficult to know how expensive a call might get (especially if you have to hold etc.). I have considered extending by depositing something else but am really hesitant to do so.

I originally signed up with SFX because I had a really late deposit (took forever for the deed to go through) and RCI (at least in Europe) takes weeks to sign up. I stayed with SFX because my first two exchanges worked out quite well. However, when it became clear last year that SFX wasn't coming through I did sign up with RCI and am much happier with that. I deposited my 2018 week with them and got two (last minute) weeks at Saratoga Springs and still have 15 TPU to spare.

I don't completely blame them for not finding me a week last year as I was rather picky (though I had asked for several different resorts at three different locations). But I am unhappy that I can't place a request online or get a timely rply.

I recommend not depositing anything more with them, unless you are prepared to lose your week.

I have taken exchanges I thought I might be able to use (not the resorts I wanted or the time of year I requested), and then I couldn't use the weeks. I am somewhat flexible, but not as flexible as required by SFX.

I deposited weeks in prime seasons and then was told they were not prime season, which was surprising.

I need to be able to search inventory myself to commit to something that I can really use. I don't like their system at all.

Unfortunately, there will be cheerleaders who will come here and completely discredit me by saying they get great exchanges, exactly what they want, in prime seasons. It's as though there are employees of SFX whose sole purpose is to undermine those of us who are honest about our experiences with SFX. Believe me or don't believe me, but I have about 10 deposits that will never be used.

I will say that SFX did get me two nice exchanges in the first two years I used them (San Diego and London, both in August). However, I agree with you that their system is not for me. I don't mind spending time waiting/looking for a nice exchange to come in but don't like having to commit when I place a request. Especially when asking for a variety of different destinations I can't really predict how flight prices etc. will develop.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Sorry, just had to do that....

As others have mentioned, SFX has been good for me for getting Mexican TS weeks and as another exchange system I can use up my excess Wyndham points in by depositing a week at the end of my usage year.

I'm not a big fan of being unable to search for weeks myself, though, but do like knowing that I can essentially keep a number of weeks valid there until I retire in a few years, then use them up when I have the time.

Mostly, though, I use them to go to resort systems they have ongoing relationships with (e.g., Vidanta) and therefore have access to a lot of inventory rather than relying on deposits from other customers. My impression is that they do satisfy exchanges for some people using deposits from others sort of as a sideline to acting as a clearing house for weeks at the resorts they work with. Since I generally deposit weeks in the four months out range with them, I do see them showing up on their "Resort Escapes" page about half the time. Haven't had any go without being picked up by someone, though; I know because I have to get a guest certificate for those.

JuliGee

Reaction score
Yes, definitely call them. I have found that to be the best for all interactions with SFX.

Kurt

I agree with Kurt, give them a call. We have had many years of great exchanges and bonus weeks with them. Our favorite agent is Nathan. If you don't want to call them, you might want to email Nathan. His email address is Nathan@sfxresorts.com. Oh by the way, you can place requests online, we do that all the time.

Juli

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I used them in the past long time ago. And I remember they called me before to try to get me to deposit something one of their member was looking for. I used to give them HGVC Marco island weeks and weeks booked with Wyndham points. I used to call them up and ask them what Wyndham weeks they needed. Alexandria always came up but it was cheaper to give them Sedona. I usually gave them what they needed regardless of the points value. I got good exchanges but their website was a deal breaker for me and I stopped.

I have not used them in along time so can not comment on how it is today. But if rickandcindy23 is not happy than I am not happy!!!

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Kurt, give them a call. We have had many years of great exchanges and bonus weeks with them. Our favorite agent is Nathan. If you don't want to call them, you might want to email Nathan. His email address is Nathan@sfxresorts.com. Oh by the way, you can place requests online, we do that all the time.

Juli

I don't know why but their website is wonky for me. Sometimes it let's me input an exchange but most of the time it doesn't show up. I had the same problem last year. I Input all the info etc. but when I am done the request just doesn't show (no error message etc.). It's quite annoying. I will give it another try later on though - maybe it will work this time.

I did email Nathan but had a different email address (I used the one he contacted me with last year when I had the same website issue). I will give it another try with the one you provided.

I really would prefer not having to call - as I said I am not a great fan of phones and I would rather avoid any additional expense given that I am not very hopeful they'll come through for me if I do manage to contact them. Still, I might have to...

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I don't know why but their website is wonky for me. Sometimes it let's me input an exchange but most of the time it doesn't show up. I had the same problem last year. I Input all the info etc. but when I am done the request just doesn't show (no error message etc.). It's quite annoying. I will give it another try later on though - maybe it will work this time.

I did email Nathan but had a different email address (I used the one he contacted me with last year when I had the same website issue). I will give it another try with the one you provided.

I really would prefer not having to call - as I said I am not a great fan of phones and I would rather avoid any additional expense given that I am not very hopeful they'll come through for me if I do manage to contact them. Still, I might have to...
I recently entered an online request and also got no confirmation or error notice, and no email acknowledgment. I called the next day and sure enough the request was in.
I also prefer not to use the phone, but I guess it’s the best way to deal with SFX.
Several years ago I had a deposit with them that expired without me getting a match. I tried them once again and they got me NYC during the July 4th week. I decided to try them one more time and I gave them several places for summer 2020 so I am hoping for a match.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I have an one bedroom unit deposit in SFX and saw something on the resort escapes so I called. I guess I would be better off getting a diamond membership because to get the escape I have to pay $209 exchange fee and $199 upgrade fee.

So I decided that the $399 upgrade to diamond wasn't worth it and the $408 in fee isn't worth it either.

Bill

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I have an one bedroom unit deposit in SFX and saw something on the resort escapes so I called. I guess I would be better off getting a diamond membership because to get the escape I have to pay $209 exchange fee and $199 upgrade fee.

So I decided that the $399 upgrade to diamond wasn't worth it and the $408 in fee isn't worth it either.

Bill

Interesting experience; the resort escapes are supposed to be without an exchange, like RCI extra vacations.

JuliGee

Reaction score
Interesting experience; the resort escapes are supposed to be without an exchange, like RCI extra vacations.

Eric you are correct, there is no exchange fee with resort escapes. They are last minute rentals, not an exchange, and you don't have to be upgraded to diamond membership either. If I recall correctly, you should be able to use an escapes week for an exchange. Seems like Bill has it confused?

Juli

Last edited:

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update: I eventually did manage to get an answer to my emails (something about an overactive scam filter) and get my requests put in. However, communication is far from great. The agent asked me if I had any flexibility - I offered a couple additional possibilities (really did not want to lose my deposit) but didn't hear back whether that would be any help. After sending several more emails I finally learned that I was now assigned to a different agent but still no answer to my question. I had to ask several more times to learn that my request may be filled but probably not.

All in all, I am far from happy. I realize that my request may be difficult and don't really fault them if it is not possible. BUT as there is basically no online availability I would expect them to be a bit more proactive. Even though I have asked they never let me know what would be an easily filled request or offered any other possibilities. It seems once they have your week they don't care anymore. I could easily find several weeks I am interested in on RCI but I can't put in dozens of requests with SFX, especially as you have to pay if they find a match (and I would first have to check flight availability etc.).

My deposit expires in August and realistically I can't wait much longer as I need to make a decision about where we'll go this summer, get flights etc. (I did have a request in with SFX for several months that ended in April but never heard anything back). So at this point I am pretty much resigned to losing the deposit. Luckily, I got two DVC weeks from last year's RCI deposit (and still have 15 TPU left) but it still bothers me that I gave SFX a great week (basically over $800) and won't get anything back.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
My deposit expires in August and realistically I can't wait much longer as I need to make a decision about where we'll go this summer, get flights etc..... it still bothers me that I gave SFX a great week (basically over $800) and won't get anything back.

As Eric B mentioned : SFX works very closely with Vidanta and gets developer inventory .

I would ask for Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta - there are 5 GM buildings .
You will pay a $75 resort fee / but get free inbound transportation from the airport (5 miles away) . There is no need to rent a car .

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update: I eventually did manage to get an answer to my emails (something about an overactive scam filter) and get my requests put in. However, communication is far from great. The agent asked me if I had any flexibility - I offered a couple additional possibilities (really did not want to lose my deposit) but didn't hear back whether that would be any help. After sending several more emails I finally learned that I was now assigned to a different agent but still no answer to my question. I had to ask several more times to learn that my request may be filled but probably not.

All in all, I am far from happy. I realize that my request may be difficult and don't really fault them if it is not possible. BUT as there is basically no online availability I would expect them to be a bit more proactive. Even though I have asked they never let me know what would be an easily filled request or offered any other possibilities. It seems once they have your week they don't care anymore. I could easily find several weeks I am interested in on RCI but I can't put in dozens of requests with SFX, especially as you have to pay if they find a match (and I would first have to check flight availability etc.).

My deposit expires in August and realistically I can't wait much longer as I need to make a decision about where we'll go this summer, get flights etc. (I did have a request in with SFX for several months that ended in April but never heard anything back). So at this point I am pretty much resigned to losing the deposit. Luckily, I got two DVC weeks from last year's RCI deposit (and still have 15 TPU left) but it still bothers me that I gave SFX a great week (basically over $800) and won't get anything back.

You should be able to put in multiple dates/resorts as "one request". I've done it before (but you'll have to call as the online system doesn't easily make it obvious how to do that), to increase your chances.

As mentioned previously the online search with SFX only shows read/current availability (just like RCI does--at least through my HGV account). The "issue" is that SFX inventory is quite small compared to the two largest (II/RCI). For example, people complain in the Hilton forum all the time about how Disney is never available in RCI. Well yes, because folks have put in OGS and those get filled first. Only in rare circumstances, if there's 'excess' inventory will it show up online and even then those get snagged right away.

OGS/requests are usually your friend with SFX, although again, their inventory is much smaller.

Which is why I always suggest folks take advantage of the free membership to see if it's a fit for them.
Just like Marriott/Starwood (or Hilton, etc) may not be a good fit for everyone, find/use whatever works best for you. (you should see the complaints on FB about HGV for example, even though I've never really had an issue, as have most others).

If your week is going to expire, typically if you call your rep and explain, SFX will extend that deposit for you. They're usually very customer friendly. But I've only ever worked with 2 of the agents (Anne and Nathan), both have been very accommodating. But Nathan's transitioning out of the customer rep side into the back-end stuff.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The fact is that they have inventory you cannot see and so if you knew it was there, you would be more likely to open your mind a bit to something new. I know that II will have places that I don't think about going, and then suddenly I see something and book it.

I have several weeks expiring, and although I would love to deposit something to see if SFX could extend the weeks, I don't know if it is worth losing another week.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

FYI - They have given me the opportunity to check airfare before confirming a match. I think that there is some flexibility there if you ask (of course that requires a response from them).

I believe that one of their deposit benefits is to reinstate an expired deposit so if one of the easier exchanges through them ever appeals to you in the future, you can get this deposit back. In my mind (i.e. not scientific, lol) the most likely trades through SFX are Mexico, San Francisco, and Hawaii.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't you just love it when they tell you there is little to no chance of getting something you requested? As though it's something that is ridiculously impossible, when people here on TUG say, "I was very specific, needed a holiday week, wanted a particular resort, and I got it within 2 weeks with SFX." You just want to ask them if they are an employee of SFX or something.

Threads like this one can hurt SFX, and I am sorry that they feel the brunt of that, but if their system was more transparent (online inventory), it could be great to have an alternate exchange company.

I just looked at tpmaui.com yesterday to match a week for a friend who may be taking a week I am renting. There is great inventory there for several different resorts that I would love to stay sometime. I would say that is a smaller company with a smaller membership (free, as far as I can tell). You can view availability online. I have also seen great inventory on htse.net (Hawaiian Timeshare Exchange) that I would take.

The idea that people who have weeks deposited and ready to book might just take all of the inventory is exactly what exchanging is all about. You don't pick and choose who gets the exchanges. That is what I see here. And I am a Diamond member (upgraded free when they got rid of platinum). I am a vocal person on TUG, and I am not getting great exchanges.

Before the internet, II and RCI would take requests and match them, and you would get a call (or not), and it was frustrating for us as owners because I was forced to get up early in the AM to call and see if something came up last-minute for us to take. The internet made all of that go away, and now we get to pick and choose where we want to go, based on our trading power. No more requests that go un-matched for months on end.

SFX's system is archaic. That is TRUE.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never had luck with SFX. But I'm a teacher with restricted travel dates. That being said, I have always gotten great trades with RCI and II. I get emails every so often from SFX, but I will not ever use them again...

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For several years I have used SFX to get into Grand Luxxe, Riviera Maya in January at least a year in advance. Not for 2020. Not too unhappy as we are undecided if we want visit again. I was offered Hacienda del Mar in Cabo.
We will probably not make any more deposits to SFX. I guess I need to change my TUG photo!

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
As Eric B mentioned : SFX works very closely with Vidanta and gets developer inventory .

I would ask for Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta - there are 5 GM buildings .
You will pay a $75 resort fee / but get free inbound transportation from the airport (5 miles away) . There is no need to rent a car .

Unfortunately, we are not really looking to go to Mexico this year. We live in Europe and I would prefer to stay there this year or possibly fly to the East Coast.

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should be able to put in multiple dates/resorts as "one request". I've done it before (but you'll have to call as the online system doesn't easily make it obvious how to do that), to increase your chances.

As mentioned previously the online search with SFX only shows read/current availability (just like RCI does--at least through my HGV account). The "issue" is that SFX inventory is quite small compared to the two largest (II/RCI). For example, people complain in the Hilton forum all the time about how Disney is never available in RCI. Well yes, because folks have put in OGS and those get filled first. Only in rare circumstances, if there's 'excess' inventory will it show up online and even then those get snagged right away.

OGS/requests are usually your friend with SFX, although again, their inventory is much smaller.

Which is why I always suggest folks take advantage of the free membership to see if it's a fit for them.
Just like Marriott/Starwood (or Hilton, etc) may not be a good fit for everyone, find/use whatever works best for you. (you should see the complaints on FB about HGV for example, even though I've never really had an issue, as have most others).

If your week is going to expire, typically if you call your rep and explain, SFX will extend that deposit for you. They're usually very customer friendly. But I've only ever worked with 2 of the agents (Anne and Nathan), both have been very accommodating. But Nathan's transitioning out of the customer rep side into the back-end stuff.

Well, the original problem was that I could not input anything as a request - it just wouldn't register. It seems to work the first time I put in a request for a specific deposit but if that request expires or gets cancelled it doesn't work anymore for me. Which is why I had to get them to put it in after sending an email. I had a request in for several months but didn't hear anything. I then added a couple of other destinations (unfortunately no flexibility as far as Timing is concerned).

I do understand that there is little online inventory but the last two years SFX just doesn't come through on requests I put. That may be partly because I am too picky but if there was more availability I might find something. So for example I asked for DVC last year (and some other resorts in Spain and California) but possibly I would have found something I liked if there was more on offer.

I do have only the free membership and the first two years it worked quite well for me. But now not so much.

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't you just love it when they tell you there is little to no chance of getting something you requested? As though it's something that is ridiculously impossible, when people here on TUG say, "I was very specific, needed a holiday week, wanted a particular resort, and I got it within 2 weeks with SFX." You just want to ask them if they are an employee of SFX or something.

Threads like this one can hurt SFX, and I am sorry that they feel the brunt of that, but if their system was more transparent (online inventory), it could be great to have an alternate exchange company.

I just looked at tpmaui.com yesterday to match a week for a friend who may be taking a week I am renting. There is great inventory there for several different resorts that I would love to stay sometime. I would say that is a smaller company with a smaller membership (free, as far as I can tell). You can view availability online. I have also seen great inventory on htse.net (Hawaiian Timeshare Exchange) that I would take.

The idea that people who have weeks deposited and ready to book might just take all of the inventory is exactly what exchanging is all about. You don't pick and choose who gets the exchanges. That is what I see here. And I am a Diamond member (upgraded free when they got rid of platinum). I am a vocal person on TUG, and I am not getting great exchanges.

Before the internet, II and RCI would take requests and match them, and you would get a call (or not), and it was frustrating for us as owners because I was forced to get up early in the AM to call and see if something came up last-minute for us to take. The internet made all of that go away, and now we get to pick and choose where we want to go, based on our trading power. No more requests that go un-matched for months on end.

SFX's system is archaic. That is TRUE.

Exactly. As I have said before, I was lucky the first two years and got London and San Diego quite easily with SFX (and I am definitely not an employee!) but since last year I just hear that what I am looking for is too rare, it is too late, my resort isn't good enough etc. What I like about RCI is that you can combine/split your TPU (though I wish it didn't cost to combine). That way I could still get a resort that is "better" than mine or not feel like I am losing out if I trade for something "less nice" than what I have. For example last year I didn't really want to trade my Southern California summer week deposit for a third rate resort in Orlando during hurricane season.