• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A bit confused about my Vistana Signatura and the best way to use it.

Panceta

Reaction score
Okay, so one year ago my wife and I went to Orlando and we got offered this timeshare deal at Vistana Sheraton. I really wasnt aware of the timeshare Market and risks and it all seemed like a good deal.
We found that most of the plans were too expensive que the salesman conviced us of buying a smaller plan. We aquired a signature for 20.700 starpoints a year for a restort in Orlando

Fact is, we never plan to travel back do Orlando too often . The salesman stated that it would be no problem since we could use the points elsewhere. He told us we could use it at interval, at Marriot, that we could even rent it to other people and use it on air tickets. Since we travel almost every year, it hardly sounded a losing game. He even told us that if we didnt travel on one year or another, we could bank the points and use them the year after

Well, I'm under the impression (or certainty) that he failed to mention some importante stuff. As I try to use my points on Interval, I realize there is a very high "Exchange fee", and to the amount of points that I own, I feel it makes them almost completely worhless. Why would I pay 180 U$D to use a few points to book a few days in a hotel? With a little bit more I could almost pay for the hotel without a timeshare. I also didnt find anything about using my startpoints on plane tickets. And guess what: the cost for banking points is 99 U$D, almost the same it would cost me buy the same amount of points so, there's no point on banking them. It just feels as if I'm paying to use something I already bought.

To someone who goes do Vistana Resorts every year or so it really could mean something good. I'm not saying its a bad product, but I feel it was badly sold. I really feel like I was lied to.

Maybe I am missing something, maybe there are ways to enjoy my 20.700 yearly points without going to Orlando every year and without paying high Exchange fees and additional fees.
If there isn't, I can't help but feel I have been scammed out of a large amomount of money. o.o

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
There are wonderful stickies that explain the program. Did you purchase a fix week at the resort or Sheraton Flex?

Panceta

Reaction score
There are wonderful stickies that explain the program. Did you purchase a fix week at the resort or Sheraton Flex?

Sheraton Flex, I get 20.700 starpoints each year and I can book whenever I want, respecting the floating program - depending on the period of the year the stays cost more points

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
'm not saying its a bad product, but I feel it was badly sold. I really feel like I was lied to.

I am pretty sure you were lied to. The best use would be booking Sheraton timeshare resorts and don't worry about Interval. Play with the Vistana website and see what you can find.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Sheraton Flex, I get 20.700 starpoints each year and I can book whenever I want, respecting the floating program - depending on the period of the year the stays cost more points

You mention 20,700 StarPoints. That sounds correct for FlexOptions be converted to StarPoints, but not a FlexOption purchase.

But, I have never heard of so few FlexOptions being sold.
How many FlexOptions did you purchase?

FlexOptions and StarPoints are two different things.

Don’t get ahead of yourself in understanding this.
The order of usage is:
- FlexOptions used for Timeshare Resorts in Flex System (at 12 months)
- StarOptions (at 8-months) used for VSE Timeshare Resorts
- StarPoints (converted from FlexOptions) used for Hotels
- Interval International (II) used for other Resorts within II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
The OP means StarOptions, most likely, and not StarPoints (Starwood hotel points). In the Owner Resources sticky, there's a link to the StarOptions Chart. There are some low season weeks you can book for 20,700 StarOptions.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The OP means StarOptions, most likely, and not StarPoints (Starwood hotel points). In the Owner Resources sticky, there's a link to the StarOptions Chart. There are some low season weeks you can book for 20,700 StarOptions.

Thanks for the link - looks like you are correct. That doesn’t get much in Flex Options.

If they could afford it - buy cheap resale Mandatory based on the usage they truly want (combine the 2 SOs)

Otherwise... a bad purchase - but at least they didn’t buy more from VSE.

But, Do Not throw good money after bad in buying more directly from VSE.

The FO-SO conversion to SPs is probably poor.

And II? Probably bad as well.

Lied too??? I think everything they were told was true - use FOs, SOs in VSN, convert to SPs and use II.
They did not research what they were buying and the financial consequences - not the first and not the last.
Too bad people don’t google “should I buy vistana flex” - TUG Vistana TUG forum is first listing.

I hope their upfront cost and annual MFs are cheap - because they on the hook for this.

As mentioned - best value is to use within Flex at the few selected resorts (that they didn’t want in first place - arg!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: