• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VRI-Vacation Resorts International

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Anyone own resorts managed via VRI? The Good, Bad, ir Ugly?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I do, and like it. Mine is in RCI Points and shows like (iirc) 71 resorts in my 'home group' with some priority in booking. They have lower cost internal exchanges. I just use the points and rented the one time I used the underlying home resort. All in all, I'm satisfied.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Like Jim I own a VRI week that's in RCI Points and I appreciate the many options available using the home group priority booking window.

My VRI ownership is in Panama City Beach, FL in August, so I always reserve my deeded week at 13 months out... but I have other (non-VRI) RCI Points that I use when I want to make VRI home group or any other reservations.

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
We don't do RCI. We do II. All of our units managed by VRI are fixed week, fixed unit and we get a good deal from both II and TPI for exchanges. Probably the real value of VRI is the management oversight: keeping track of each State's laws regarding timeshares and making sure each timeshare (we have three in three different states) toes the line. It is a very good management company.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Limetree Resort STT
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
We own a fixed week at Foxrun, Lake Lure, North Carolina. We normally go every year since it's only a three hour drive from where we live. It's at Rumbling Bald Resort with great amenities. We have traded once using VRIety.

capemarie48

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, my friend owns a VRI unit in Dennisport edgewater. She wants to transfer ownership to her son and was told she has ton
Repay 3 months fees in advance.....is that usual

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi, my friend owns a VRI unit in Dennisport edgewater. She wants to transfer ownership to her son and was told she has ton
Repay 3 months fees in advance.....is that usual

Hi capemarie48,
Does your friend have a loan on the timeshare with VRI?

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)
I like VRI as a management company. When I divested myself of my San Clemente Inn and MROP intervals, they were very quick and efficient in transferring the titles. Now, I only have my two Gaslamp Plaza Suites units and my maintenance fees are very low ($719 for a one bedroom deluxe in San Diego), which I think is amazing for a SoCal timeshare and my units are very well maintained. Also, when I place the units in the rental pool, the split is 70/30, which is great as I still usually make a profit on renting and I don't need to do any work on trying to get them rented--VRI does everything. They also have an online system that is very easy to use to pay maintenance fees and book reservations. Overall, I am very satisfied with VRI and I believe the HOA is very satisfied, too, with no foreseeable plans to change or otherwise.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
I had two VRI's liked the resorts and company. I sold because I moved across the country. They actually bought my one in Cocoa Beach back for $2500.

Judith Frye

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I just learned that a friend has owned (2ndry market purchase) and paid the maintenance fees on a unit at Desert Vacation Villas/Palm Springs for years without ever using it. It's a VRI property. If she wants to get rid of it, might VRI take it back? I searched the forums and marketplace on TUG and couldn't find any mentions of it, somewhat to my surprise. Any advice for her? Thanks to this great community! Judy

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I just learned that a friend has owned (2ndry market purchase) and paid the maintenance fees on a unit at Desert Vacation Villas/Palm Springs for years without ever using it. It's a VRI property. If she wants to get rid of it, might VRI take it back? I searched the forums and marketplace on TUG and couldn't find any mentions of it, somewhat to my surprise. Any advice for her? Thanks to this great community! Judy
I don't know of a deedback option, but would think that simply listing it for free on TUGs Bargain Deals subforum, there's a good likelihood that it can find a new owner. VRI are well managed, and if the owner is an RCI member as well, they have priority booking at something like 70 resorts. Many VRI resorts maintain a list of their owners who want to sell. The owner should call their resort to check on either possibility.

JIm

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deed back policies are the responsibility of each individual resort and are set by the BOD of the resort. Just ask the resort.