• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Had an Owners Update Today..... Lips Moving?

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you know that 5% of total owners own weeks 25% own options and 70% own Flex?

Did you know that if you are in the 5% that own weeks you can trade one for one in any resort without going through II? (Apparently the weeks owners are those that are voluntary resale owner without Staroptions)

That's what the second, former Marriott salesperson said when he came over to reinforce what the first rep was saying.

He asked if I agreed with him. I said "no" and he became indignant, got up and walked away.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Lips moving. Sheraton Flex is only about 5 years old, if that. Westin Flex only a couple. So how could those few years of sales wipe out more than 25 in the old week based system. I would expect it to be the other way around 70% own weeks, 25% own HomeOptions and 5% own Flex.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
He also acknowledged that an overlay program was coming and while they knew nothing about it he did know that only Flex owners would be allowed to participate

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
He also acknowledged that an overlay program was coming and while they knew nothing about it he did know that only Flex owners would be allowed to participate

Of course... :rolleyes:

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just can't get over his instance that a pure weeks owner coud do direct trades outside of both II and Staroptions with other weeks owners. He was not talking about directly with an owner but within the confines of the 'system'

Have I missed something after all these years?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I just can't get over his instance that a pure weeks owner coud do direct trades outside of both II and Staroptions with other weeks owners. He was not talking about directly with an owner but within the confines of the 'system'

Have I missed something after all these years?

No.

Unless you failed to notice the salesman's lips were moving.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course I noticed, lol. That was meant as a tongue in cheek reply!

MommaBear

TUG Member
Reaction score
The salesman at Sheraton Vistana resorts also said only Flex owners were going to be allowed to participate in the Marriott program. But he had nothing in writing.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The salesman at Sheraton Vistana resorts also said only Flex owners were going to be allowed to participate in the Marriott program. But he had nothing in writing.

It does not make sense to exclude the owners who bought from the developer when the flex did not exist.

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
No flex sales in Hawaii until July.
Then only sales of Flex.

FYI -

Now:
$50,000 minimum cash to get Ocean Front
$30,000 minimum cash to get any other Hawaii units.
So, those trade in reports of $10,000 cash are not true for Hawaii.

Nanea is only 50% sold.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
No flex sales in Hawaii until July.
Then only sales of Flex.

FYI -

Now:
$50,000 minimum cash to get Ocean Front
$30,000 minimum cash to get any other Hawaii units.
So, those trade in reports of $10,000 cash are not true for Hawaii.

Nanea is only 50% sold.

Thanks for the update. No word on MVC? Sounds like resale weeks continue to be the way to go.

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct, no word on MVC except Vistana will have "some" conversion to MVC use. And, no word on any changes to Vistana network etc.
They did recommend that owning a deed is best.

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
He was not talking about directly with an owner but within the confines of the 'system'

That is very unclear and ambiguous, "system?". I would assume the salesman was talking about direct owner trades which would make his statements true.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is very unclear and ambiguous, "system?". I would assume the salesman was talking about direct owner trades which would make his statements true.
I specifically asked him if he was talking about direct trades between owners and said no, within our system. I asked im if he meant an owner that had only a week without the benefit of staroptions and he repeated a week owner and asked again if i agreed with him. I replied no i don't, an owner without staroptions can only deposit with II, make a direct trade with someone else, rent their week or use their week so no i don't agree with you.

Thats when he stood up, gave me a dirty look and stormed away.