• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Experience with Hilton Grand Vacation Resale Department

Renee Farr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kohala Suites (2 bedroom) 9600 Points
As an example of what Talent posted: A year ago I ended up on a call with the resale dept. I wanted to trade my 2br gold plus EOY at Kingsland for a 1br platinum Premier annual. The best he could find was a 2br plus annual NYE fixed week and I had to kick in $27K. I told him I wasn't willing to pay a premium on a fixed event week, he said he could only do a deal with $25K of "new money".

I eventually found a better deal on the resale market and sold the eoy myself on eBay, total "new money" was $10K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How do you go about selling on ebay? Who did the paperwork portion for you?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

I just found one like it listed on eBay and used the “Sell one like this” link. I set the minimum bid price at the lowest I was willing to accept, $3k.

We used Legal Timeshare Transfers to handle the transaction, buyer paid approx $200 fee. Buyer sent the $3k cashiers check to LTT and they held it until transfer was complete, then sent to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4Sunsets

Reaction score

I would put the unit up for sale on Redweek as a verified listing. Redweek is much more on the up and up than ebay listings. They also offer escrow services.

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
,,,Redweek as a verified listing.
If you search the Buying Selling Renting forum, many TUGgers have found the Verified listings on Redweek so frustrating, in terms of timely and helpful responses, that they avoid them as prospective buyers.
Redweek is much more on the up and up than ebay listings
That would apply to buying, but probably not so much to selling.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
If you search the Buying Selling Renting forum, many TUGgers have found the Verified listings on Redweek so frustrating, in terms of timely and helpful responses, that they avoid them as prospective buyers.

Um, NONSENSE, UTTER NONSENSE. What they might find frustrating is having to pay for verification as a seller. As a buyer, one should absolutely be glad someone is at least checking the basics and providing escrow options to safeguard transactions.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Um, NONSENSE, UTTER NONSENSE. What they might find frustrating is having to pay for verification as a seller. As a buyer, one should absolutely be glad someone is at least checking the basics and providing escrow options to safeguard transactions.

It's not the basics, fact checking and escrow. It's the communication that Redweek provides. What was supposed to be two business days before they returned my inquiry turned into over a week (and I had to contact the owner via PM here on Tug). If it wasn't such a great price, I would have not pushed it at all. This is minor to what has been reported by other Tuggers.

While I agree with you in principle, the execution of the Redweek's full service needs a lot of work. There are numerous instances where what was verified not correct for various reasons. I have noticed they have a third option in between basic and full where they verify the MF's, points accrued and the like. You still negotiate and set up your own deed transfer.

I would purchase a Redweek full service again? Yes, if the price was right. Would I sell using Redweek? Only their basic. As a new buyer, I never checked eBay. I wouldn't recommend, too much to know and you might not know what to look for if you haven't been through the process. As a seller? No! I would recommend using Redweek Basic and using a trusted place like LT Transfers to do the escrow.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score

I dunno, I see quite a few complaints regarding redweek's sales process (renting seems to be smooth):

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/redweek-full-service-listings.289736/

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/redweek-resale-slow.287906/

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...ue-diligence-on-purchase-of-timeshare.287321/

4Sunsets

Reaction score
It's not the basics, fact checking and escrow. It's the communication that Redweek provides. What was supposed to be two business days before they returned my inquiry turned into over a week (and I had to contact the owner via PM here on Tug). If it wasn't such a great price, I would have not pushed it at all. This is minor to what has been reported by other Tuggers.

While I agree with you in principle, the execution of the Redweek's full service needs a lot of work. There are numerous instances where what was verified not correct for various reasons. I have noticed they have a third option in between basic and full where they verify the MF's, points accrued and the like. You still negotiate and set up your own deed transfer.

I would purchase a Redweek full service again? Yes, if the price was right. Would I sell using Redweek? Only their basic. As a new buyer, I never checked eBay. I wouldn't recommend, too much to know and you might not know what to look for if you haven't been through the process. As a seller? No! I would recommend using Redweek Basic and using a trusted place like LT Transfers to do the escrow.

Good points.... We've (my family) used Redweek to buy and sell. We've successfully bought 4 and sold 2. Redweek was also where we found our new HGVC (2 units) (in process).

Redweek doesn't seem to have staff working weekends/holidays, but I would trust Redweek over Ebay every day, every time.

I'll update on how this goes for the new buys. So far, very slow, but this is on the seller side via their agent/realtor.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Good points.... We've (my family) used Redweek to buy and sell. We've successfully bought 4 and sold 2. Redweek was also where we found our new HGVC (2 units) (in process).

Redweek doesn't seem to have staff working weekends/holidays, but I would trust Redweek over Ebay every day, every time.

I'll update on how this goes for the new buys. So far, very slow, but this is on the seller side via their agent/realtor.

I tend to concur with this assessment. We are also using Redweek full service right now to buy a Marriott. Communication has been good and the process moved along promptly, at least up until we got to the point of filing the Hawaii HARPTA tax (a unique Hawaii requirement) and getting the transaction closed. Things have slowed down a bit over the last few weeks. Based on the last email from the Hawaii closing company, closing should have happened last week, but no news yet.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score

100% true.

Sorry to be blunt, but this is just plain false. As I buyer who has used Redweek, RW verified, and RW full service, they do NOT fully verify anything. I have documented this numerous times. I avoid a Redweek VF or FS week at all cost unless the week is unique (like a certain unit within the Hyatt system) and I don't have a choice.

I have a purchase right now moving forward with RW FS (which of course is also 'verified') The RW rep could not honestly answer four basic and very important questions about the timeshare week. The comment every time was "the seller says" and there was NO, I repeat NO documentation to verify. It took over three weeks to get the documentation from the seller, which proved some of the 'verified' statements were incorrect.

Other posters clearly have these issues as they also comment here that they try to avoid dealing with RW

Full disclosure here - Redweek gets a lot of my money as I use them to list my rentals. Great platform for that. My only issue is with the VF and FS

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I tend to concur with this assessment. We are also using Redweek full service right now to buy a Marriott. Communication has been good and the process moved along promptly, at least up until we got to the point of filing the Hawaii HARPTA tax (a unique Hawaii requirement) and getting the transaction closed. Things have slowed down a bit over the last few weeks. Based on the last email from the Hawaii closing company, closing should have happened last week, but no news yet.

As a follow-up to my post earlier today...as irony would have it, an envelope arrived in the mail today from the Hawaii closing company Redweek used for our purchase through their full service broker. The transaction closed on May 22. Total transaction took slightly over two months, which is consistent with most other closings we've done in the last couple of years:

March 17 -- Offer to Seller submitted by Redweek broker
March 17 -- Seller accepts our offer
March 17 -- Received initial information paperwork via email from Redweek
March 19 -- Information form submitted to Redweek contracts dept
March 21 -- Received contract electronically
March 23 -- signed contract electronically
March 26 -- Contract and deposit sent to Hawaii closing company (Old Republic)
March 29 -- Contract submitted to Marriott for ROFR
April 4 -- Marriott waives ROFR
April 16 -- Escrow signing packet received from Old Republic
April 17 -- Documents and payment returned to Old Republic via UPS
May 1 -- Seller's documents received by Old Republic
May 17 -- HARPTA Tax exemption approval received from State of Hawaii
May 22 -- Deed recorded and external transfer form sent to Marriott Vacation Club
TBD -- Week transferred into our MVC account

4Sunsets

Reaction score
As a follow-up to my post earlier today...as irony would have it, an envelope arrived in the mail today from the Hawaii closing company Redweek used for our purchase through their full service broker. The transaction closed on May 22. Total transaction took slightly over two months, which is consistent with most other closings we've done in the last couple of years:

March 17 -- Offer to Seller submitted by Redweek broker
March 17 -- Seller accepts our offer
March 17 -- Received initial information paperwork via email from Redweek
March 19 -- Information form submitted to Redweek contracts dept
March 21 -- Received contract electronically
March 23 -- signed contract electronically
March 26 -- Contract and deposit sent to Hawaii closing company (Old Republic)
March 29 -- Contract submitted to Marriott for ROFR
April 4 -- Marriott waives ROFR
April 16 -- Escrow signing packet received from Old Republic
April 17 -- Documents and payment returned to Old Republic via UPS
May 1 -- Seller's documents received by Old Republic
May 17 -- HARPTA Tax exemption approval received from State of Hawaii
May 22 -- Deed recorded and external transfer form sent to Marriott Vacation Club
TBD -- Week transferred into our MVC account

Congrats!