• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar availability

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checking on our dashboard for late January for 1 bedrooms and it is coming up with no availability? A calendar pops up to review dates and according to the calendar it shows available? Conflicting at best.

Can some else check to see what they get?

Thanks in advance

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The calendar only shows that there is at least one unreserved room that night. That room may or may not be the size room you want and it may or may not be available for a full week.

When this happens, I try searching for less than a week to see what days are available -- and then expanding the number of days when I find something useful. It is theoretically possible to get, for example, a nine day Wednesday to Friday reservation when there is no availability for either seven day Saturday to Saturday.

It's trial and error. It's tedious.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Must likely will get balanced out in 24 hours but the math isn't working out.
The reservation cost us 132400 options and is for January 2020. We had 65200 options in the bank from last year. We have 51700 left from this year. (I messed up and left banked options when booking our earlier trip this year) That leaves 15500 short to be taken from next year. The confirmation is showing this as correct. However it is showing on our dashboard that we now have 48100 left from 2019 and 28500 available from 2020?

If I did the math correct, 65200 + 51700 would leave us with nothing left at the end of 2019.

95700 (2020 allotment) - 15500 should leave us 80200 left for 2020?

What am I missing or as I said will this get all worked out in the next 24 hours?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish Vistana adopted the HGVC type of booking, much easier to see the available dates

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Must likely will get balanced out in 24 hours but the math isn't working out.
The reservation cost us 132400 options and is for January 2020. We had 65200 options in the bank from last year. We have 51700 left from this year. (I messed up and left banked options when booking our earlier trip this year) That leaves 15500 short to be taken from next year. The confirmation is showing this as correct. However it is showing on our dashboard that we now have 48100 left from 2019 and 28500 available from 2020?

If I did the math correct, 65200 + 51700 would leave us with nothing left at the end of 2019.

95700 (2020 allotment) - 15500 should leave us 80200 left for 2020?

What am I missing or as I said will this get all worked out in the next 24 hours?
When you booked it, did you select the option to pick how you wanted to allocate the points and from what years? I don't know what the default option is when just making a booking.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you booked it, did you select the option to pick how you wanted to allocate the points and from what years? I don't know what the default option is when just making a booking.

I figured it out. My mistake. I didn't use any 2019 points. I miss the "funding summary". The 51700 I thought was from 2019 was actually 2020.

Can a call to change this or do I just cancel and chance the rebooking to use the proper points allotment? I will need to review how to allocate points.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I figured it out. My mistake. I didn't use any 2019 points. I miss reread the "funding summary". The 51700 I thought was from 2019 was actually 2020.

Can a call to change this or do I just cancel and chance the rebooking to use the proper points allotment? I will need to review how to allocate points.
If there is still availability, you can probably just cancel and rebook online. If you don't see the same availability online, you may need to call in tomorrow (if they are open) or on Tuesday.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
If there is still availability, you can probably just cancel and rebook online. If you don't see the same availability online, you may need to call in tomorrow (if they are open) or on Tuesday.
Nothing available the same date. I will check later and if it is I will cancel and rebook. If not I'll call in.

I did look and try to scroll through the funding window, but I did not find anywhere to change the formula. However, I didn't look to close as I thought it would use up the 2019 points on it's own. Still learning.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Nothing available the same date. I will check later and if it is I will cancel and rebook. If not I'll call in.

I did look and try to scroll through the funding window, but I did not find anywhere to change the formula. However, I didn't look to close as I thought it would use up the 2019 points on it's own. Still learning.
To change the allocation, click on the little Show More link;

SOs.png

I think the system tries to use your SOs from the same use year as the reservation first before moving to banked points. It won't use the 2019 points unless you banked them already to 2020.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score

View attachment 12044

I think the system tries to use your SOs from the same use year as the reservation first before moving to banked points. It won't use the 2019 points unless you banked them already to 2020.
Makes sense. Just need to spend some time becoming more familiar. Hadn't planned on booking the stay today. Talking with my wife and she said let's look.

Couldn't find what we wanted, then there it was.

Funny thing, using the exact date came up with nothing, using the flexible date option didn't either at first. Using the suggestion above, I was choosing each day individually trying to see what days where available and which ones were not. Eventually the date we were trying to find at first became available. 2 mins later we had it booking.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. Just need to spend some time becoming more familiar. Hadn't planned on booking the stay today. Talking with my wife and she said let's look.

Couldn't find what we wanted, then there it was.

Funny thing, using the exact date came up with nothing, using the flexible date option didn't either at first. Using the suggestion above, I was choosing each day individually trying to see what days where available and which ones were not. Eventually the date we were trying to find at first became available. 2 mins later we had it booking.

View attachment 12044

The show more option isn't always there???? I was able to play around with some dates and it was there a couple of time but more often than not, it is not an option???

show more not there_LI.jpg

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have any 2020 options left?
Yes. It did take all of our bank points from last year. That was 65,200. It didn't touch 2019 points which you can see we have 48,100 left. It took the rest of the points from our 2020 allotment which leaves us 28,500.

We have not planned or are not planning any further vacations this year using points. If so, no a big deal but I am not prepared to pay to move these forward.

Not an issue as I am sure I can call and make the proper changes.
points left.jpg

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The problem is that in order to have used the 2019 options for the Lagunamar reservation in 2020, you would have had to have paid to bank them forward anyway. I suspect the new reservation you are searching for now is for 2020 also? This is why it won't now let you allocate, because you only have 2020 options available for the reservation. Once you bank those, you should get that option to allocate. Unless you can actually use the 2019 reservations in 2019, you will have to bank them. They won't let you allocate them to the 2020 reservation without banking and paying the fee.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem is that in order to have used the 2019 options for the Lagunamar reservation in 2020, you would have had to have paid to bank them forward anyway. I suspect the new reservation you are searching for now is for 2020 also? This is why it won't now let you allocate, because you only have 2020 options available for the reservation. Once you bank those, you should get that option to allocate. Unless you can actually use the 2019 reservations in 2019, you will have to bank them. They won't let you allocate them to the 2020 reservation without banking and paying the fee.
Ahhhhhh, yes that makes total sense. Thanks for the clarification.

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, Jan 21-24, 2020 is Regents Week in NY, which gives a lot of New Yorkers the week off. We found that week at Lagunamar very loud and a teen age free for all. I avoid that week. That may also be why availability is limited, as they won't necessarily depart before Sunday.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, Jan 21-24, 2020 is Regents Week in NY, which gives a lot of New Yorkers the week off. We found that week at Lagunamar very loud and a teen age free for all. I avoid that week. That may also be why availability is limited, as they won't necessarily depart before Sunday.
We were there last year for the last 2 weeks in January and didn't mind it.

We are moving the 2 weeks forward this time though, January 25 to February 8th. Hopefully we have better weather this time. It wasn't terrible but not close to what we had experienced previously going in the fall.