• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

View from the HGVC or bHC Balcony

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
For future reference, the HGVC website has room descriptions. Not the best, but it will keep you from being surprised.

2 Bedroom Plus (2BP) Size: 1,269 sqft Accommodates: 6
This spacious two-bedroom, two-bathroom golf course view suite with lanai, located on the first or second floor, features a large master bedroom with a king-size bed and bathroom with a free-standing shower and separate soaking tub. The second bedroom is furnished with two double beds and bathroom with a standing shower. A generous living room includes a queen-size sleeper sofa, full kitchen with rice steamer, and washer/dryer. The suite also features an HD cable TV with DVD player.

Yeah I read that closer after they gave me a ground floor unit. I went by the description on TUG that was incorrect, but I have since had it corrected. I would figure as an Elite, if I requested a second Floor unit, they might actually give me my request. So much for being Elite. I was never treated so poorly as I was at KL. I finally got my unit at 530 pm, and not what I requested. I checked in at 1230 pm. Other people kept getting keys and checking in, not sure why my issue was.

Last edited:

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Bummer, as Elite you should've been treated better.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Yeah I read that closer after they gave me a ground floor unit. I went by the description on TUG that was incorrect, but I have since had it corrected. I would figure as an Elite, if I requested a second Floor unit, they might actually give me my request. So much for being Elite. I was never treated so poorly as I was at KL. I finally got my unit at 530 pm, and not what I requested. I checked in at 1230 pm. Other people kept getting keys and checking in, not sure why my issue was.

A plus unit at KL could be on the first floor but an end unit. To me that's preferable to a 2nd floor unit. I used to get the Premier at KL but now I just get regular because the ground floor is nice to just be able to walk outside from your patio.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A plus unit at KL could be on the first floor but an end unit. To me that's preferable to a 2nd floor unit. I used to get the Premier at KL but now I just get regular because the ground floor is nice to just be able to walk outside from your patio.

I did not get an end unit. I got a unit in the middle. I definitely booked a plus unit. I agree with you I would just book a regular unit next time.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I still have the promotional booklet from 2008, purchased pre-construction. They changed the building configurations to add 3 bedrooms later. The first two floors were all plus units with 1 bedrooms on the end.

My preference now are the phase 2 std two br units, lowest point cost and I prefer the inside hallways. When waikablowa is going watch out for the front door slam when you have the lanai door open - whoosh!

32147d2437c86fe3dc140c72544b48b1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Funny that when I exchanged in via RCI they game me a 2 BR Premier. When I stay that as a Elite HGVC owner I get a ground floor Plus. Seems like my choices are getting worse.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Funny that when I exchanged in via RCI they game me a 2 BR Premier. When I stay that as a Elite HGVC owner I get a ground floor Plus. Seems like my choices are getting worse.

I think its because the premier units are too many points, all the savvy premier owners book cheaper units. That leaves a lot of vacant premier units to dump into RCI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tazzik

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yeah, KL is the one place where I actually preferred staying on the ground floor. I loved being able to just walk outside from the patio, and my kids went out there quite a bit to throw a ball around. It was also convenient when using the grill to cook some dinner. To each their own...

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Our view from a second floor unit in HGVC Kohala Suites building 18. Right beside clubhouse and pool. That's the pool to the right and the 11th tee box behind the tree in center left of the picture.

Not using our HGVC ownership, but its an RCI exchange leftover from an ownership in another system that we sold a few years ago. Surprised we got a second floor unit with an RCI exchange.

IMG_0376 copy.jpg

Last edited:

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Here's one more view from our balcony at HGVC Kohala Suites on our check-in day last Saturday. Gotta love those Big Island sunsets.

20190309_Hawaii_3395.jpg

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a freakin' great picture! We will be at Kohala in May. I can only hope to see something this beautiful when we're there.

Cheers.

mogulman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tuscany.. building 4, sixth floor.

Attachments

• 95CCB3FE-5DFD-4348-A7F3-4273F6377867.jpeg
    95CCB3FE-5DFD-4348-A7F3-4273F6377867.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 81

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
View from the balcony of our current 1-BR OV room at the Lagoon Tower (Hilton Hawaiian Village), Room 2363 (23rd floor, Diamond Head side, about as good as you can get!). (First pic is a panoramic.)

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1190.jpg
    IMG_1190.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1192.jpg
    IMG_1192.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 70

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Not quite HGVC but here's the view from the newly opened Conrad across the street from Hilton Midtown (Residences, HCNY). We used our HH free night on our Aspire card to stay here on a weekend night then moved over to W57 for the weekdays to stretch expensive weekend HGVC points. The hotel is tall and it appears that many rooms above a certain floor have filtered views. They said that higher floor rooms on the west end of the hotel see the Hudson River.

They claim they are the only all-suite hotel in mid-town (I presume they didn't include timeshares). The renovated suites were spacious with a king in the master and a queen sofabed in the living area (no kitchen). As an HH Diamond we had $30/pp free breakfast for 2 ($60 total). The restaurant had not re-openned yet, so they provided room service. The $30/pp on room service didn't cover a full American breakfast ($42/pp not including room service fee) but I found the lox and bagels to be quite superior and within the budget. (We picked up starbucks around the corner). The room had a nice alcove table to eat breakfast and enjoy the view (see below). Apparently this was previously an Asian hotel and was a JW Marriott prior to that. The coffee bar in the room was also unique. Definitely an option if you need a 1 bedroom suite in NYC to stretch an HGVC visit.

20190420_View from Conrad to Central Park.jpg
20190420_Conrad Inroom dining.jpg
20190420_Conrad Bar.jpg

Last edited:

junk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Islander 16800, Grand waikikian 12600 EOY, Boulevard 7000
Lagoon Ocean front or palm tree front? Lol

Attachments

• 2B68AE79-023D-4CB9-A1E3-46CB69A5C289.jpeg
    2B68AE79-023D-4CB9-A1E3-46CB69A5C289.jpeg