• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Activation Fee HGVC... did they forget to charge me?

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
TUG Fam,

After many months of research on this great forum I (finally!) purchased my first timeshare (Elara, HGVC). I bought it from Sumday Vacations on ebay for what I considered to be a GREAT deal (<$200 + $299 transfer fee). In addition, the following was mentioned in the ebay listing:

"HILTON GRAND VACATIONS CLUB'S CURRENT POLICY REQUIRES THE NEW OWNER TO ACTIVATE THEIR OWNERSHIP. ONCE THE TRANSFER IS COMPLETED THEY WILL ISSUE THE NEW OWNER A BILLING STATEMENT OF $609 AS AN ACTIVATION FEE"

I have not received an invoice/billing statement from HGVC and have already used the timeshare once (open season, saved $600+ over a "comparable" hotel in Vegas last week!). I am wondering if they forgot to charge me...? Does anyone have experience with HGVC charging for an "activation" fee weeks or months after first use of a resale timeshare?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
TUG Fam,

After many months of research on this great forum I (finally!) purchased my first timeshare (Elara, HGVC). I bought it from Sumday Vacations on ebay for what I considered to be a GREAT deal (<$200 + $299 transfer fee). In addition, the following was mentioned in the ebay listing:

"HILTON GRAND VACATIONS CLUB'S CURRENT POLICY REQUIRES THE NEW OWNER TO ACTIVATE THEIR OWNERSHIP. ONCE THE TRANSFER IS COMPLETED THEY WILL ISSUE THE NEW OWNER A BILLING STATEMENT OF $609 AS AN ACTIVATION FEE"

I have not received an invoice/billing statement from HGVC and have already used the timeshare once (open season, saved $600+ over a "comparable" hotel in Vegas last week!). I am wondering if they forgot to charge me...? Does anyone have experience with HGVC charging for an "activation" fee weeks or months after first use of a resale timeshare?

It takes awhile to charge you. I think it was around a month for me. They won’t forget, trust me.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
It took a few months for me. It was posted online, never received bill in mail.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I would say that I received the bill (via online) about 1 month after it showed up in my account. I was "hoping" that they forgot but that wasn't the case, just slow.

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
We bought the ELARA also. It took a few weeks then it popped up on our online HGVC account. Never got a bill in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
TUG Fam,

Would you mind sharing a few details about your purchase. How many annual points to you get your hands on and what are the annual Maintenance Fees?