• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do i call it quits??

marlu2

Reaction score
Hey guys. Looking for some help here. We currently own 2 timeshares. Holiday Hills in Branson week 46 and Oak n Spruce week 12. Im paying $2033yr ln mtc fees. Have more points then i can use in rci. Haven't even deposited this years weeks. Man i messed up buying these. Any thoughts??

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to unload one or both, you can list them for free in the TUG Bargain Deals. Find 'em a new home. People are always looking for RCI Points resorts.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Is it paid off? If it is free and clear, you can probably give it away or return it back to HICV. Right now, they are eager to take deed backs to put back into the trust as long as the MF's are current.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Hey guys. Looking for some help here. We currently own 2 timeshares. Holiday Hills in Branson week 46 and Oak n Spruce week 12. Im paying $2033yr ln mtc fees. Have more points then i can use in rci. Haven't even deposited this years weeks. Man i messed up buying these. Any thoughts??

Define call it quits.

marlu2

Reaction score
Okay yall have convinced me to return it. Now i wonder is it better to just return to HICV, or donate it so i get the write off?

Outside of MTC fees. Both are paid off.

Thanks every1

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Who would you donate it to that would want it? From what I'm reading charities don't want timeshares. $2033 is really steep maintenance fees for two weeks in Branson. A person can easily rent, get sale weeks or last call weeks in Branson far cheaper than that. If they will take the weeks back that is likely your best and quickest option.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
It's worth zero, so the write-off would be zero.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I gave back my Las Vegas deed to HICV last year after unsuccessfully trying to give it away. The process was quick and painless. They mailed me the paperwork and all I had to do was sign and return. We got a letter shortly after stating we were no longer obligated.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I gave back my Las Vegas deed to HICV last year after unsuccessfully trying to give it away. The process was quick and painless. They mailed me the paperwork and all I had to do was sign and return. We got a letter shortly after stating we were no longer obligated.

Sure, why shouldn't they?

You give up whatever you've spent on it, and they get it back to sell it again.

One thing those who talk about deadbeat people not wanting to honor their contracts and obligations don't mention is that those people are willing to give up whatever they have in it, in most cases thousands of dollars, so it's not like they got something for nothing. What they want is nothing for something.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Sure, why shouldn't they?

You give up whatever you've spent on it, and they get it back to sell it again.

One thing those who talk about deadbeat people not wanting to honor their contracts and obligations don't mention is that those people are willing to give up whatever they have in it, in most cases thousands of dollars, so it's not like they got something for nothing. What they want is nothing for something.

Very true. I was one of the fortunate ones. I bought the unit when it was the old Summer Bay for $124 all-in (Ebay). I was upgraded from a studio to a 1BR when they made the move across the street to the Gold Crown Desert Club, and then was converted to HICV points at no cost. It worked out for me, but unfortunately too many people paid big bucks and now want out.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Very true. I was one of the fortunate ones. I bought the unit when it was the old Summer Bay for $124 all-in (Ebay). I was upgraded from a studio to a 1BR when they made the move across the street to the Gold Crown Desert Club, and then was converted to HICV points at no cost. It worked out for me, but unfortunately too many people paid big bucks and now want out.

Wow! Really? People want out of their timeshares?

Breaking News!

BTW, is there a new Summer Bay?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bail out however you can and rent someone else's mistake when you want to go to Branson...

George
lol, I like the way your thinking. In many cases it is a lot more cost effective then buying developer points and paying maintenance fees.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
BTW, is there a new Summer Bay?
No. Summer Bay was in one location in LV. It moved and everyone was issued a new deed. Not long after they sold the property including development rights to HICV. So briefly there was a new Summer Bay. When HICV took over they ditched the Summer Bay name.