• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

vistana resort 1 in 4 in RCI

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
If I own a week/points at Westin Kierland will they waive the 1 in 4? How do I have the restriction removed from my account ?

1 in 4 year rule effective for both 0450 and V450. Can confirm only once at either resort every 4 yrs. DOES NOT INCLUDE concurrent or consecutive weeks. 1 in 4 is for 1 for 1 exchanges. You can only confirm once into either V450 or 0450 one time every 4 years. Violations will be canceled. Please do not contact for exceptions to this rule. 1 in 4 year rule does not apply to Vistana Owners

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
WKV isn't affiliated with RCI in any way, so owning there certainly wouldn't help get around this. I think the only way to get around it with Vistana ownership is to own an RCI affiliated resort and have an RCI account with it in it.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
have you looked at the getaways? There is usually availability both in II and RCI and there is no 1 in 4 rule for the cash deals.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Can someone explain this in dumber terms ... I have no idea what is being discussed?
RCI has rules where you can only trade in to a resort one time every four years. Thus the 1 in 4 Rule. Developers ask for these restrictions to prevent people from buying somewhere cheaper and trading in year after year.

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI has rules where you can only trade in to a resort one time every four years. Thus the 1 in 4 Rule. Developers ask for these restrictions to prevent people from buying somewhere cheaper and trading in year after year.

Interesting

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
It is even a little more complicated when they say "1 in 4 year rule does not apply to Vistana Owners". You must be trading from a Vistana property for this to hold. If I attempt to trade back into Vistana with a combined deposit (even if Vistana is a part of it) or another property it will not allow the exchange. It has be a pure Vistana property used for the exchange to override the 1 in 4.

This is a subtle penalty. Since Vistana costs more to exchange than provided on deposit, it is difficult to trade back in for a similar week now. Since I need 2 more TPU to reserve my own week than I get on deposit, and I can't exchange back in with a combined deposit to top up the 2 missing TPU, it has become much more difficult for deeded owners to exchange back in for a similar week. We own week 10 deeded, but sometimes our March break falls on week 11 instead. So it is now nearly impossible to exchange back in to get week 11 now unless we take a 1BR or week 11 happens to be a couple of TPU cheaper than 10.

Last edited: