• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MGV 3 BDR - 2019 Platinum Usage - What to do?

equitax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have not used my 2019 week and won't be using - Am I better off to split and deposit or deposit as 3BDR?

Any particular week I should be looking at to deposit to maximize value?

Thanks

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Hi All,

I have not used my 2019 week and won't be using - Am I better off to split and deposit or deposit as 3BDR?

Any particular week I should be looking at to deposit to maximize value?

Thanks

Split: depends on what you'd like to exchange into, but typically splitting and getting 2 weeks is the better value.

Week to deposit: Check the TDI chart on II and pick the week with the highest available TDI rating.

equitax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where am I looking for TDI chart please? Is this just the one in the resort directory?Also can I split the week on MVCI or do I have to call?

equitax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. Apparently a non issue yet - no availability based on my season at this point. Never seem this before.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Platinum weeks at Grande Vista are
01 - 17 2019 check in dates of Jan 3 - April 29 (already past)
22 - 34 2019 check in dates of May 30 - Aug 26
51 - 52 2019 check in dates of Dec 19 - Dec 30

I'm curious, what weeks do most MGV Owners target for Interval deposits? It looks like the weeks near Easter and Independence Day holidays are high demand, plus Christmas / New Year, of course.

Attachments

• TDI Chart5 Orlando.jpg
    TDI Chart5 Orlando.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Wow. Apparently a non issue yet - no availability based on my season at this point. Never seem this before.

This isn't surprising given that we are already halfway through the use year and the prime summer Platinum season. It is likely fully booked. Christmas and New Years weeks would be fully booked shortly after inventory release. You can call Marriott and ask for a supplemental week to be deposited in to II. You can have them lock off and deposit a 2BR and a studio or deposit the whole 3BR. At this point, what week they give you doesn't matter.

4Sunsets

Reaction score

Availability is getting harder. You have to look further out and be open to alternatives. Like someone else said we're halfway through the year already.

equitax

TUG Member
Reaction score
There’s nothing. As in login to movie website and even Marriott deposit to I rejects.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There’s nothing. As in login to movie website and even Marriott deposit to I rejects.
You will probably need to call them.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd call, maybe you can get a 2 BR one week and a studio a different one. Or maybe you can use it at a different resort for the FL club if your ownership is eligible for the FC. It may be that some of the lower demand weeks in the first segment (weeks 1-17) went unreserved so you may not have options unless you can get something using the FL club Cancelations happen all the time, keep your eye on the website also.

Your best bet assuming there is nothing at GV will be Legend's Edge 2 BR since they have a large Platinum Season but Beachplace is a possibility. Doral and OP Platinum seasons have basically passed except for some very high end options. You might also see if they will allow you to reserve a different season than what you own. Also consider this a wakeup call for future planning so you're not in this situation again.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd add that while it may not help with deposits, there is a possibility that there is a 3 or 4 day stretch where one can arrange a split week options though only if others have done so and orphaned a segment.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Availability is getting harder. You have to look further out and be open to alternatives. Like someone else said we're halfway through the year already.

That is definitely true but Grande Vista is probably the easiest. You just can't wait until the middle of the current year to book and 51/52 are easier to get on II than reserving on MVC.

equitax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott will apparently give me a replacement week in ii split into master and kickoff as I requested. Apparently I am better off waiting for my enrollment to be confirmed such that I can avoid fees.