• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana deal, offered via email through Orlando sales' office, $80K for 4 star elite

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
324K retro (4 SBP weeks at 81K each X 10K) + 125K options for $40K.

This started when I was talking to a woman at Starwood (adding a guest name to half of a lockoff), and she was just kind of killing time and mentioned that I could get flex options for our SBP weeks, and do I want a salesperson to call or email. I told her it would be fine.

Interesting notion, but they would still be voluntary options and not mandatory. I could buy a few Kierland (but no 4 Star Elite). I don't care about that elite status, with Marriott at the helm. Geesh.

I might have done this through Mission Hills, had they not insulted me over and over again during the presentation.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
At this stage, more importantly, the question is how/whether you want to use those points. Those points may also be a gateway into MVC system.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
At this stage, more importantly, the question is how/whether you want to use those points. Those points may also be a gateway into MVC system.
True, but they are voluntary options, which mean so little in residual value. I would love to know what others think of the deal.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
True, but they are voluntary options, which mean so little in residual value. I would love to know what others think of the deal.

Why spend $40,000? What are you getting for your money that you don't currently have?

If you're not getting benefit from your SBP units any more, dump 'em. Spending $40,000 to make them useful is throwing good money after bad.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
every time a rep ask me to spend $$ to buy or re-qualify my weeks i say to them I would only do it if they can guarantee my rights would pass on if i decide to sell so that i will not lose too much money from this transaction. Now I know it is not their decision but i still want them to hear it.

On one hand they claim we are owners. On the other hand they strip us of our rights when the time to sell comes and this is something I still have a hard time getting used to.​

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
He just sent me another email this morning to remind me that the deal will end.

I am not doing it, believe me, if I wanted options, I would buy like four Kierland resale at max options for the dollar.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt do this either way, but would be way more likely to consider it if it was westin flex instead of Sheraton Flex, or even better a Nanea or WSJ flex plan.

I think I would also ask about doing a trade in at the same time.