• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott wait list success

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
so we are first on list wait listed for Andalusia--wait listed July 24th 2018
I found out that if you call you can extend your request beyond the automatic cancellation and return of points within 60 days of your requested arrival
I called the other day to do this and was told by the agent that in his 12 years of working for Marriott he has never seen anyone not get their request and 95% of the time according to Marriott statistics wait list requests come thru
I find this VERY HARD to believe based on our experience
We do have reservations on Marriott.com but disappointed since this trip was one reason we joined along with our Frencmans cove week
Curious about others experiences
I know European resorts were later with points but not one single week to first request on wait list seems ridiculous
And now have 4800 points to use by end of this year!

jshriber

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have placed about a half dozen waitlist requests and have only matched on one.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I am one for one....Good luck with your request!

Best,

Greg

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only place I waitlist for is MFC and I'd have to say they come through better than 90% of the time. You have to be somewhat cagey about the system and you have to have more points available than what you need. You can't for instance waitlist for 7+ days and just hope it comes in. You put your waitlist in and then check weekly or even daily to see if one day comes up. If it does grab it Keep doing this until you've got what you need and the cancel your waitlist if it hasn't come through.

I usually stay 28-35 days at MFC in Jan-FEB-MAR timeframe. On the even years I only own 1 week but I'll wind up with 6 or seven reservations from the onesie twosie threesies that I pick up. I'm usually booked up by the time I leave one year for the next year.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
One for one with Andaluza. Waited 4 months, got it.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
so we are first on list wait listed for Andalusia--wait listed July 24th 2018
I found out that if you call you can extend your request beyond the automatic cancellation and return of points within 60 days of your requested arrival
I called the other day to do this and was told by the agent that in his 12 years of working for Marriott he has never seen anyone not get their request and 95% of the time according to Marriott statistics wait list requests come thru
I find this VERY HARD to believe based on our experience
We do have reservations on Marriott.com but disappointed since this trip was one reason we joined along with our Frencmans cove week
Curious about others experiences
I know European resorts were later with points but not one single week to first request on wait list seems ridiculous
And now have 4800 points to use by end of this year!
As European resorts have no Destination Club owned inventory, Points availability continues to be dependent on Weeks owners here enrolling and electing their Weeks for Points.
The numbers doing this are still relatively low.
I have successfully waitlisted for the “Paris” resort though.

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wait list requests are usually successful. I would say about 80 % of the time .

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Is wait listing only available for Destination points? Or, for a week's owner (no points), can you go on the wait list if you are unable to book your desired (home resort) week?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is wait listing only available for Destination points? Or, for a week's owner (no points), can you go on the wait list if you are unable to book your desired (home resort) week?
I am not aware of a wait list for weeks.

I'm 100% on the wait list done at 11-12 months but hit or miss if done much later.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Newbie still to the DC points system (a little over a year). One for one for a 5-day Easter week stay at Lakeshore Reserve.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not aware of a wait list for weeks.

I'm 100% on the wait list done at 11-12 months but hit or miss if done much later.
I have just had a webchat with Owner Services.
They confirm that there is no waitlist facility for weeks, you have to phone/check availability online.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have just had a webchat with Owner Services.
They confirm that there is no waitlist facility for weeks, you have to phone/check availability online.
I've had a fair amount of success getting and changing high demand weeks online for DC reservations and for weeks reservations. I had 2 reservations same week I was able to get for Sun-Sun but wanted Sat-Sat so I took the Sunday and then later found the Saturday and made a single reservation for the 1 night and dropped the last night. The resort has already confirmed they WILL put them together.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to add that if you book something and waitlist a better option then match, one can call in and get them to rearrange the points so that you use the best points possible for the end reservation. If done within 24 hrs one can usually avoid the holding account issue even if it's inside the 60 day window.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had a fair amount of success getting and changing high demand weeks online for DC reservations and for weeks reservations. I had 2 reservations same week I was able to get for Sun-Sun but wanted Sat-Sat so I took the Sunday and then later found the Saturday and made a single reservation for the 1 night and dropped the last night. The resort has already confirmed they WILL put them together.
Yes I agree, the resorts are generally very flexible and helpful in combining weeks / points / exchange / rental / cash bookings to meet your needs.
It just needs ongoing effort to find weeks availability v waitlist for points availability.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree, the resorts are generally very flexible and helpful in combining weeks / points / exchange / rental / cash bookings to meet your needs.
It just needs ongoing effort to find weeks availability v waitlist for points availability.
As a rule they really do try to do the right thing when it's feasible and there are no roadblocks like different view types or unit types.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Thanks all--glad to see others be successful--we were told we were #1 on the wait list last July 24th--still nothing--not even one day for a 3 bedroom--just about 3 weeks left before we have to give up so as not to be able to bank our 2019 points..........

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all--glad to see others be successful--we were told we were #1 on the wait list last July 24th--still nothing--not even one day for a 3 bedroom--just about 3 weeks left before we have to give up so as not to be able to bank our 2019 points..........
They don't normally tell you where you are and I'm pretty sure only the supervisors even have access to that info.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
When we called at 9am the first available day to be wait listed we were told we were # 1 on wait list

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Just reporting a successful waitlist experience. Wanted 7 nights at Aruba Surf Club in a 3BR in May or June of 2022. 3BR’s at the Surf Club seem difficult to come by in the DC, as I often check. After looking weekly for about a month, I was lucky enough to snag 6 nights in late May when 12 month availability opened (no inventory ever seemed to load at 13 months at the Surf Club). I wait listed for the first single night (a Saturday), to get me to a full 7 nights. After 2 months of waiting, my wait list just came through. It’s always nice when the program works as advertised.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I requested a 2BR OV in Ko Olina for one night (Sat in June) and got it after 3 weeks. I was only less than 25 days out. 1 for 1.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got 2 single night's off the wait list today, waiting on 2 more. ETA: Surf Club Ocean side studios. I actually have OV for the entire stay but hoping for all OS to guarantee locations and proximity to our other units.

Last edited:

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Worked for me last month at the surf club too for 2 nights 2 bd Oceanside to add on to my week

jpa2825

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very good success with waitlist in Park City over the past month+. Booked a month with about 6 days missing. All of the waitlists eventually confirmed.

I think I know the answer is "No," but is there any way to look at your pending waitlist requests on the website? They send you a confirmation email with an ID for each request but I don't see anywhere to match that up to anything on the website.

Additionally, they do "grab" the points in case it matches (understandable) but they don't show that "grab" in the transaction history. This forces you to use separate spreadsheet or other method to reconcile you prior balance, less the actual transactions, less the waitlist "grabs" to your current balance shown online. Seems like there should be a better way.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I think I know the answer is "No," but is there any way to look at your pending waitlist requests on the website? They send you a confirmation email with an ID for each request but I don't see anywhere to match that up to anything on the website.

Your pending waitlist requests can be viewed at the bottom of the Points Transaction History page.