• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I was lucky and loved Bay Club. (Updated my album)

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
Recently I and my wife stayed at Bay Club for three nights.
We had a reservation for a penthouse one bedroom.
Luckily we were assigned to Building #1. The unit is very roomy.
We could see both sunrise and sunset from lanai. It was ocean view.
We loved it very much.

I have updated my album with photos of Bay Club #137 and GW #2310.

https://55hawaii-timeshare-resale.blogspot.com/p/hgvc.html

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. We love the location as well. We usually stay at Bay Club, but have a stay at Kohala starting this weekend. We're going with family who've never been and thought that the access to the HWV pools might be worth it. We'll see :)

Cheers.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Awesome pics! Loved looking through them. Thanks for sharing!

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
Last time we visited Big Island, Kohala Suite was just completed and we stayed there.
It's already 13 years ago. :wall:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
But it wasn't called Kohala Suites back then. What was it called? I remember they changed the name about a year before we stayed there. I loved Kohala Suites more than Kingsland; although, a person could live on the lanai at Kingsland with that furniture, which was so comfy for reading.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Those are terrific pictures, thank you for posting them! I loved the sunset picture -- do you think there would have been any view from the other rooms in Building 1 or was it your top-floor/corner location that enabled that? Those are terrific pictures -- thanks again!

Best,

Greg

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
If I remember correctly, Hilton people were, from the beginning, calling HGVC Waikoloa, Kohala Suites to distinguish it from Hotel Waikoloa Resort.
So called Kohala Suites became official from when I do not know.

Regarding the sunset, it's hard to tell but when it comes to one bedroom, I believe the only end unit at top and maybe on the second floor
should have a view of sunset. Seeing the google map, I suppose you could see the sunset from two bedroom units of Building #1.

I have added some more sunset photos. As you could see, we were able to see the ocean and the sun set there between coconut trees.
May was the perfect month. We were lucky in all terms of unit location, floor, month and weather.

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
And it's not a vacation thing, but I used to use Nikon D300. This time I took photos with Olympus E-M5 Mark ii.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
the location is about the best of the 1 BRs available.

I love the lanais at BC.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
If I remember correctly, Hilton people were, from the beginning, calling HGVC Waikoloa, Kohala Suites to distinguish it from Hotel Waikoloa Resort.
So called Kohala Suites became official from when I do not know.

Regarding the sunset, it's hard to tell but when it comes to one bedroom, I believe the only end unit at top and maybe on the second floor
should have a view of sunset. Seeing the google map, I suppose you could see the sunset from two bedroom units of Building #1.

I have added some more sunset photos. As you could see, we were able to see the ocean and the sun set there between coconut trees.
May was the perfect month. We were lucky in all terms of unit location, floor, month and weather.

Nice pics! I am surprised you could see sunrise, well sun rising over the mountains.
I think the 2 bdrm 'B' size units, 126 & 136 at the side would have some sunrise/sunset views too. Here is an old illustration which shows the unit #s and unit type layouts per building.

Attachments

• Bay Club Bldg Map.jpg
    Bay Club Bldg Map.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 146

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
the location is about the best of the 1 BRs available.

I love the lanais at BC.

Me too!
the lanais and unit size were two big pluses for me buying in to the Bay Club :)

David M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Kings' Land
Me too!
the lanais and unit size were two big pluses for me buying in to the Bay Club :)
Us three ... we're en route to The BC at this very moment. Just a mere 14 hours to go :D

David M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Kings' Land

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
David M. I look forward to seeing your photo of Ocean Tower. A garden view room was available for our stay.
But I avoided parking charge and preferred to Bay Club roominess and lanai.