• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar Oceanfront??

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if it is possible to get a booking for an Oceanfront room at Lagunamar? Those individual rooms at the end of Building 1, 9, and 14? They seem like normal sized 2 bedroom lockoffs?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Anybody know if it is possible to get a booking for an Oceanfront room at Lagunamar? Those individual rooms at the end of Building 1, 9, and 14? They seem like normal sized 2 bedroom lockoffs?
Only way to guaranty it is to own it and make a home resort reservation. StarOption reservations can be placed in to any unit at the property. All of the units at Lagunamar are 2BR lockoff.

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only way to guaranty it is to own it and make a home resort reservation. StarOption reservations can be placed in to any unit at the property. All of the units at Lagunamar are 2BR lockoff.

They look great ... I am in building 8 which in reality is 95% as great probably

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score

Dioxide - what's your guess on priority for those rooms (absent an owner with guaranteed view reservation)? Would other Lagunamar owners have priority over non-owner Staroption reservations?

Also, anyone know if those views are deeded (and transferable in resale)?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Dioxide - what's your guess on priority for those rooms (absent an owner with guaranteed view reservation)? Would other Lagunamar owners have priority over non-owner Staroption reservations?

Also, anyone know if those views are deeded (and transferable in resale)?

The interests are technically beneficial trust interests; they are transferable in resale.

There have been a couple of threads here discussing specific unit numbers (which show on transfer documents and estoppels and which control view category).

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
As an Oceanfront 2BR owner, when I go online to make a reservation it shows all 2BR villas available plus any "Oceanfront" villas. I'm guessing only those who own OF get access to that inventory. I purchased a resale.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
As an Oceanfront 2BR owner, when I go online to make a reservation it shows all 2BR villas available plus any "Oceanfront" villas. I'm guessing only those who own OF get access to that inventory. I purchased a resale.

Does your deed say Oceanside? Or Oceanfront? Or is this the same thing?

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Oceanside. Sorry should have been that in my post.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM

DTD1990

Reaction score
We own 2 weeks EOY Plat+ at WLM (developer purchased) and have been assigned units in building 1 the last two trips. Note, our actual units are not of these categories, so I am not sure how we scored them, perhaps because this is our home resort? We are also 3* elite, but I don't think that carries much weight. The views are spectacular, but in reality all of the units have pretty good ocean views if you are on floor 4 or above - to get above the palm trees.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own 2 weeks EOY Plat+ at WLM (developer purchased) and have been assigned units in building 1 the last two trips. Note, our actual units are not of these categories, so I am not sure how we scored them, perhaps because this is our home resort? We are also 3* elite, but I don't think that carries much weight. The views are spectacular, but in reality all of the units have pretty good ocean views if you are on floor 4 or above - to get above the palm trees.
did you get one of the end cap units in building 1 or just a condo in that building?

Last edited:

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Yes, it's possible. We got one once. Didn't even ask for it. Building 9, not an upper floor, but we had a clear view over the tops of the palm trees, so no complaints.

DTD1990

Reaction score
did you get one of the end cap units in building 1 or just a condo in that building?

The end cap 2br l/o. Floor 4 one trip and floor 5 for the other, I believe.

What was really nice was in summer of 2018 we had two reservations back to back for a total of 12 days and they let us stay in the same unit for the whole trip. In 2016 we started in a regular unit and than switched to building 1 for the two reservations.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The end cap 2br l/o. Floor 4 one trip and floor 5 for the other, I believe.

What was really nice was in summer of 2018 we had two reservations back to back for a total of 12 days and they let us stay in the same unit for the whole trip. In 2016 we started in a regular unit and than switched to building 1 for the two reservations.
nice!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The only drawback to any of these units is that it can be a long walk to go just about anywhere but the pool. Going to La Isla is a long way.

We were in a OS in 14 in January for five nights. That is a long trek over to La Isla and the infinity pool.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only drawback to any of these units is that it can be a long walk to go just about anywhere but the pool. Going to La Isla is a long way.

We were in a OS in 14 in January for five nights. That is a long trek over to La Isla and the infinity pool.

the walk is a bit longer from building 14 but we did not find it too long when we stayed there in October. Out of curiosity, on google maps i measured 1350 feet from the furthest point of building 14 to the mall. Of course, from building 8 it would be about haft that distance to go to the mall but do 600 ft make such a big difference?

there are many services in that area (buildings 10-14), so a trip to the other side is not always necessary: pool, towel services, reception desk, bar, Duna restaurant, the owners lounge. We stayed in other resorts that were way larger than Lagunamar and, by comparison, we found walking from building 14 not a problem at all.

upload_2019-5-29_6-19-6.png

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love this resort! My favorite room is building 7 top 2 upper floors. I also own a deeded Oceanside unit that I’ve never stayed in since I rent it out.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
in case of a MVC-Vistana integration, is anyone expecting the Oceanside units to be assigned more points than the regular oceanview?

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I hope so! I like MVC points system because you can pay more or less for the room size and view type you want. Otherwise, might as well just exchange in II. I hate that with SOs you lose a view type when exchanging within Vistana.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
in case of a MVC-Vistana integration, is anyone expecting the Oceanside units to be assigned more points than the regular oceanview?

I think not. Vistana increased the number of SO's associated with high season at this resort a couple of years ago (from 81K to 148K for a 2bd); I don't see Lagunamar as likely to get another boost of this type.

There is a point premium for OF at WKORV/N, but Lagunamar does not have the same cache or demand as Maui.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think not. Vistana increased the number of SO's associated with high season at this resort a couple of years ago (from 81K to 148K for a 2bd); I don't see Lagunamar as likely to get another boost of this type.
A couple of years ago? I am looking at the 2008 chart and a 2 br WLR platinum had the exact same number of SOs as today

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)