• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

8wks and counting for Title Transfer

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
is anyone still waiting past the 8wk mark?

4Sunsets

Reaction score
Geez, I heard it was slow. Good luck!

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
I'm at 5 weeks now.. no luck. Not sure what can be done, if anything. Just wait and hope it appears before my reservation in January. lol

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
it seems that the transfer time has almost doubled since early last year. I wonder what is causing this. Has MVC reduced the number of people in that department? Has the number of transfers increased significantly? Is the process itself more complex than a year ago?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
it seems that the transfer time has almost doubled since early last year. I wonder what is causing this. Has MVC reduced the number of people in that department? Has the number of transfers increased significantly? Is the process itself more complex than a year ago?
We wrote to them as points will be in LCup soon. They replyed, will get back to you in a few days. There was no number to call.Its been about a month.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
We wrote to them as points will be in LCup soon. They replyed, will get back to you in a few days. There was no number to call.Its been about a month.

Eeek!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Finally appeared today for non mandatory. Now waiting for Mandatory to show up.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am glad for you. Congratulations!

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
At 5 weeks right now on three deeds

Just curious how you are measuring?

Assume it has to mean the time a valid and complete new deed along with the transfer documents is received by Vistana to the time you get access from VSE to the on-line account?

The "pre-work" time is ridiculous with the closing companies, a total farce IMO. But in the context of this thread, this time is not relevant(?)...

BTW - the title companies tend to quote and have some understanding with VSE it could take up to 8 weeks once the deed and transfer document is received by VSE. So 5-8 weeks is not outside of expectations, albeit many may get much faster turnaround.

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious how you are measuring?

Assume it has to mean the time a valid and complete new deed along with the transfer documents is received by Vistana to the time you get access from VSE to the on-line account?

The "pre-work" time is ridiculous with the closing companies, a total farce IMO. But in the context of this thread, this time is not relevant(?)...

The paperwork went to Vistana 5 weeks ago

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at almost 7 weeks from when the Resort was sent the recorded Deed for the property. The closing company said it could take up to 90 days. The Seller just told me that the contract and reservation he had made for me no longer appears in his account. But I don't see it in my account yet either, so we are still waiting. The Deed is at WKV for what it matters and we already own two other weeks there, so they shouldn't have to set up a new account for us or anything.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Since I am waiting for a mandatory account, will a new account be setup?

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Still waiting for WKORVN OF to appear on my mandatory account. Was told document sent to Westin 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything back yet.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Just over 4 weeks for Vistana Villages voluntary. Have another about a week behind that one that has 2019 usage and the seller is AWOL so no reservation for me as of yet. Was hoping for 4th of July but will settle for New Year's week if I can get either.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had one that recently took 10 weeks to transfer, from the date I mailed the check for the transfer fee (with the new, recorded deed) to the date SVE added it to my account. They said they had been backed up, and they expected it not to take so long in the future.

How are folks here handling payment of annual fees for the upcoming year? I expected my week to transfer much earlier in the year, and VSE kept demanding I pay the fees, even though the deed was no longer in my name.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
My most recent (impulsive) Kierland 37000 purchase was confirmed by Vistana today -- about seven weeks after the deed was recorded.

However, my corporate Interval account got totally messed up and neither of my Kierland 37000 units now appears. I don't know if it is related although the timing certainly suggests that it is.

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just over 4 weeks for Vistana Villages voluntary. Have another about a week behind that one that has 2019 usage and the seller is AWOL so no reservation for me as of yet. Was hoping for 4th of July but will settle for New Year's week if I can get either.

Curious about your AWOL seller - did the closing company send the deed to be recorded and the transfer form to VSE and then immediately declare it "closed"? This appears to be standard practice. I would prefer if closed meant VSE had fully completed the transfer. How it appears to work is that the closing company sends the deed and transfer form, disperses all the money, and there is a period of several weeks where the buyer is high and dry, a leap of faith the transfer will complete. No?

jimwu921

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a SVV Keywest closed at 4/12 and the contract showed up in my account around the Memorial weekend so that is like 5-6 weeks for the transfer. Sometimes the closing company (like Redw**k) didn’t send out deeds immediately. For example my WLR was closed last November but Vistana didn’t receive it until mid January, then 6-8 weeks from there :bawl:

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I am waiting for an impulsive WKV buy as well. My first corporate account.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Curious about your AWOL seller - did the closing company send the deed to be recorded and the transfer form to VSE and then immediately declare it "closed"? This appears to be standard practice. I would prefer if closed meant VSE had fully completed the transfer. How it appears to work is that the closing company sends the deed and transfer form, disperses all the money, and there is a period of several weeks where the buyer is high and dry, a leap of faith the transfer will complete. No?

Yep - that's the process. I've bought 4 resale weeks from 3 different closing agents and all were the same process. Different lengths of time from contact to deed transfer completion has been the big wild card.

I don't see what else a closing company can do for a buyer once it is in the hands of the resort anyway. Marriott took 10-14 days and it appears VSE is going to be at least triple that.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Yep - that's the process. I've bought 4 resale weeks from 3 different closing agents and all were the same process. Different lengths of time from contact to deed transfer completion has been the big wild card.

I don't see what else a closing company can do for a buyer once it is in the hands of the resort anyway. Marriott took 10-14 days and it appears VSE is going to be at least triple that.
This is how we know the systems are different because Marriott updates in 2wks while it’s closer to 8wks for Vistana.

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My KORV finally appeared in my Vistana this morning! 7 weeks after title was sent by closing company. However, the reservation made using this account doesn't show in my vacations.. I'll give it a couple days before I call..

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
My KORV finally appeared in my Vistana this morning! 7 weeks after title was sent by closing company. However, the reservation made using this account doesn't show in my vacations.. I'll give it a couple days before I call..
Congratulations!
IMO you should give Vistana a call right away. I checked my correspondence from last year, we bought 2 separate contracts with reservations that had to be transferred. One reservation showed in our account as soon as the contract was in our names. The other one never actually showed and we rebooked it, fortunately that week was still available.

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congratulations!
IMO you should give Vistana a call right away. I checked my correspondence from last year, we bought 2 separate contracts with reservations that had to be transferred. One reservation showed in our account as soon as the contract was in our names. The other one never actually showed and we rebooked it, fortunately that week was still available.

I verified the reservation was in my name a couple of weeks ago, so I feel okay about that. Unless something changed with the transfer. I'll still give them a day or so since the data on the vistana site already updated twice, they may still be working on it. Good advice, tho! Never trust a reservation you didn;t make!