• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I am going to kill this man...CBD oil

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I had been planning to post at some point asking if anyone had any pain relief from CBD products. I have a bulging disk in my back that manifests itself as chronic, severe right leg pain. I walk with a cane when I'm out and about except maybe for about six weeks right after an epidural which may or may not work each time. We started with a CBD spray that Cliff came home with from CVS about a month ago. I get no relief from that, although I'll use it up. I then bought a CBD cream to slather on my lower back and leg, also see no difference in pain levels with that. So just now Cliff tells me he bought 3 months of CBD oil online for $150. I blew a gasket on that news -- I'd cheerfully spend $50 to give oral CBD a try, but you just know if they are selling 3 months at a time it has to be with one of those automatic refill scams! I really lit into him, and just now he tells me he did try to cancel it, but we'll see. So has anyone found pain relief from CBD products? And if so which type of product and what kind of pain do you have?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone told me it helps with dementia, and I plan to ask the neurologist when we see him. It was on the news yesterday that two grandmothers were arrested at the airport for transporting CBC oil.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Someone told me it helps with dementia, and I plan to ask the neurologist when we see him. It was on the news yesterday that two grandmothers were arrested at the airport for transporting CBC oil.

I saw that and thought it's one thing to be stopped at an airport, but Disney World?! And arresting her? Unbelievable!

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I have had good success for relief of knee pain with some CBD cream that we got though my wife's Chiropractor. Supposedly high quality medical grade, hard to really know if that is true..

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I have no experience, but we have used it for our dog with good results. We just put a dropperful in her food.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I have no experience, but we have used it for our dog with good results. We just put a dropperful in her food.

We have friends who have used it for their dog also with good results. I've had people tell me it's helped them. My mother used it regularly hoping for relief from knee pain. She felt the cream did not help but the drops did.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I had been planning to post at some point asking if anyone had any pain relief from CBD products. I have a bulging disk in my back that manifests itself as chronic, severe right leg pain. I walk with a cane when I'm out and about except maybe for about six weeks right after an epidural which may or may not work each time. We started with a CBD spray that Cliff came home with from CVS about a month ago. I get no relief from that, although I'll use it up. I then bought a CBD cream to slather on my lower back and leg, also see no difference in pain levels with that. So just now Cliff tells me he bought 3 months of CBD oil online for $150. I blew a gasket on that news -- I'd cheerfully spend $50 to give oral CBD a try, but you just know if they are selling 3 months at a time it has to be with one of those automatic refill scams! I really lit into him, and just now he tells me he did try to cancel it, but we'll see. So has anyone found pain relief from CBD products? And if so which type of product and what kind of pain do you have?

CBD oil comes in a variety of strengths. It also comes in oil you put under your tongue, capsules, gummy bear candy, and vapes, etc. A good friend is using the oil that comes in 2500 mg strength in a 1 ounce oil. I believe that may be the highest concentration that can be found. There are some people that are selling 60 mg strength per ounce. I suspect that it is worthless and similar to taking olive oil. That is about 1/40th the strength that my friend is using. My friend indicates that is gives him some merciful relief but that it isn't super profound. For a 1 ounce bottle of 2500 mg strength, it costs him about $150. He typically takes 1/2 eyedropper full except on "bad days". It also helps him have a peaceful sleep at night.

So, check the concentration. Perhaps it is pretty weak. My guess is that based on the $150 for 3 months that your concentration is very low. I think that the vape products can give a very high concentration. But the vape products may need to be purchased from a recreational marijuana store (I see that you are in California, where it is "legal"). And they may also contain some THC.

I've heard that CBD capsules are more effective at delivering the CBD but I don't have any experience.

Some sellers (like on ebay or Amazon) of "hemp oil" or CBD oil don't even openly reveal the actual concentration. So geist1223's comment is spot on.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My brother swears by it so I bought some for DS who is recovering from cancer and has neuropathy in his hands and feet from the chemo...he says it helps

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
I read the story quickly and many were upset that the grandmother was arrested. My understanding is that CBD oil is not a legal substance to carry in Florida.:eek:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read the story quickly and many were upset that the grandmother was arrested. My understanding is that CBD oil is not a legal substance to carry in Florida.:eek:
I don’t know about that, there are dispensaries. Voters agreed to legalize medical marijuana, but legislators won’t approve it.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last time I checked, it depends on who you talk to.

The Florida Department of Agriculture say's it's not legal to sell hemp or CBD in the state. The commissioner of that department is pushing legislation, currently under consideration, that would make state and federal law consistent. In the past, Police have been mostly hands-off. There were a situations when action has been against retailers, not consumers. Perhaps that may be changing.

You can purchase CBD oil almost everywhere. Order it on the internet and have it delivered. Most retailers will tell you upfront if they can't mail it to you due to state law. As has been mentioned, it's not regulated and you will have no idea of the quality of the product you just spent your money on. The "reviews" they post on their sites are worthless so, don't let those sway your decision.

In hopes of getting pain relief, I have tried different sellers and "strengths" with no help whatsoever. If you happen to find something that works, let us all know.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
So has anyone found pain relief from CBD products? And if so which type of product and what kind of pain do you have?
I use extra strength Charlotte's Web for fibromyalgia. Sometimes, my husband takes it. We both notice a difference. It's $75. for a one ounce bottle. While there are dozens of cheaper versions available all over town, I chose to buy from Charlotte's Web's website because I remembered a news piece and the studies done back in the 90's. I wanted to try from a legit company.

It took about 2 days of using to notice a decrease in my leg pain, which was severe. Took much longer for decrease in my headaches. I did notice after a few days of use, that my head felt clearer and less foggy - wasn't expecting that and it was a very pleasant surprise. My doctor wanted to put me on a daily medication for my fibromyalgia and I am generally not a fan of medication as I like to keep my body as clean as possible. I tried the CBD oil as a last result before taking the meds and it turned out I never needed to take the meds.

I recently got some topical stuff, made for dogs. It's by PetReleaf, which is what we carry where I work. My husband and I both used on our shoulders, I have a small tear and he recently had rotator cuff surgery. We both noticed a difference right away.

I think if you are willing to pay the big bucks to go with a company that has a long history and is very transparent about where they harvest and how they process, you can have very good results. I won't mess with the new companies at all. It's become a fad and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to make a quick buck.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Just sharing, not sure this will help you but it did me. You might want to ask your doctor. I had extreme pain in my knee and leg for over two years. Used drugs that made my blood pressure too high, shots that made me gain 26 pounds and didn’t work, physical therapy that didn’t work. Was told by many doctors I needed a knee replacement and I was not convinced. Finally a doctor confirmed it was coming from my back. Physical therapy didn’t help much. Someone suggested if I bend down and touch my toes it will relieve the pain. Initially I couldn’t, it took awhile with gentle stretches to be able to. Ultimately this movement made all my pain go away. Now I can touch the floor. When I get pain in my knees or legs I stretch down a couple of times and touch my toes. So far, it always works to take away the pain.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panina, thanks for sharing your method. I am basically doing the same thing to relieve pains in my legs and back. I also, try a CBD product to help me to obtain a full night sleep. The CBD product did not work for me.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Panina, thanks for sharing your method. I am basically doing the same thing to relieve pains in my legs and back. I also, try a CBD product to help me to obtain a full night sleep. The CBD product did not work for me.
Ice packs worked best for me. I also alternated with heating pad.

Changing my bed made me have no pain sleeping. I got Serta iSeries Hybrid 300 13.5" Plush Mattress, Mattress Firm has them on display. I got it with the base (no boxspring) that lets you adjust the position of your head and legs.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panina. Thanks for the information about the mattress. I am going to look into this.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Just sharing, not sure this will help you but it did me. You might want to ask your doctor. I had extreme pain in my knee and leg for over two years. Used drugs that made my blood pressure too high, shots that made me gain 26 pounds and didn’t work, physical therapy that didn’t work. Was told by many doctors I needed a knee replacement and I was not convinced. Finally a doctor confirmed it was coming from my back. Physical therapy didn’t help much. Someone suggested if I bend down and touch my toes it will relieve the pain. Initially I couldn’t, it took awhile with gentle stretches to be able to. Ultimately this movement made all my pain go away. Now I can touch the floor. When I get pain in my knees or legs I stretch down a couple of times and touch my toes. So far, it always works to take away the pain.

Did my first, ahem, "toe" touch (basically letting my arms hang 9" above the floor). And will try that every day to see if that gives me any relief. I did cure a frozen shoulder by grabbing the top of the bathroom cabinet molding and stepping off of a phone book to get a good stretch.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Years ago I bought an inversion table to use when my back goes out. I invert to about 45 degrees for maybe 15 minutes. I also use a tens unit and find the slight shocks seem to alleviate the pain in my lower back or knees. Sleep seems to help and for me nothing works as good as a shot of NyQuil .

I do use cbd oil occasionally as a topical. Some one gave me some feco (full extract cannabis oil) cooked and cooled in coconut oil that I use on my hands. It isn't cbd but does have all of the cdb and thc the plant contained. I use it as a topical but it can be used to make suppositories which are popular for cancer patients I guess or bake goods which are popular for getting baked I guess :p . I can't tell which is better regarding cbd or feco. They both seem to work on my hands , knees and lower back. My friend with deep tissue hip pain says it doesn't really help his hip pain.

Being that cbd oil isn't really regulated it would be best to talk to some one at the dispensary as to what percetage of cbd is in the oil. Feco is some what regulated as a medicinal product because people use it as a medicine and it will have the percentages of cbd and thc on the packaging.

https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-products/10-best-cbd-cannabis-strains-according-to-leafly-users

https://www.liwts.org/medical-marijuana/guide-feco-full-extract-cannabis-oil/

Research into medical cannabis is highlighting a growing number of unique and remarkable benefits. What makes FECO stand out as a category of cannabis medicine in its own right is its strength. Quite simply, it is the single most powerful cannabis product available in the world. Quality FECO can pack an incredible 99% THC or CBD, though there’s more to the best FECO than high concentrations of these key compounds alone. The quality of the ingredients and the extraction process have a big impact on the overall quality of cannabis oils in general.

Bill

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Ice packs worked best for me. I also alternated with heating pad.

Changing my bed made me have no pain sleeping. I got Serta iSeries Hybrid 300 13.5" Plush Mattress, Mattress Firm has them on display. I got it with the base (no boxspring) that lets you adjust the position of your head and legs.

An adjustable mattress is how I overcame back pain and sciatica that ran down my right buttock & leg. I adjusted it to raise the head some and to dramatically raise the legs. Added a half round firm memory foam pillow under my knees. I've had to learn to sleep on my back but what a difference it has made!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
As I suspected, immediately canceling the oil purchase did no good. As an eBay seller I was appalled that five little glass bottles were mailed in a small padded envelope with no cushioning so that I could hear glass hitting glass, but it all arrived intact. Decided I'd squirt the stuff under my tongue in the bathroom in case it made me gag, and it did. For the second squirt I had my cranberry juice handy. It's like sipping mint flavored olive oil, yuck! Saw the pain doctor on Tuesday and set up an epidural for next week. Asked him about CBD oil and his reply was "snake oil". He did add that 2parts CBD/1 part THC would give some pain relief. Anyhow, I'll see what happens taking it twice a day for the next few days. They claim they'll give a refund after trying it for 30 days, we'll see.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Decided I'd squirt the stuff under my tongue in the bathroom in case it made me gag, and it did. For the second squirt I had my cranberry juice handy. It's like sipping mint flavored olive oil
Not sure what strength yours is, but mine is strong enough that I only need to use about a quarter of a dropper full (1 oz bottle). I squirt it under my tongue so I don't have to taste it as much.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure what strength yours is, but mine is strong enough that I only need to use about a quarter of a dropper full (1 oz bottle). I squirt it under my tongue so I don't have to taste it as much.

This is really an interesting product. The results seem to run the gamut from "snake oil", to a viable alternative for things like anxiety, chronic pain, epilepsy, IBS, and more. However, a person could spend thousands trying to find that one distributor, if there is one, that sells a true form of CBD.

Can you, or anyone else for that matter, describe the success you may have had with CBD oils? Finding the right manufacturer that can be trusted seems to be the key.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Up thread the company Charlotte's Web is mentioned, I would have tried that if Cliff hadn't jumped the gun. The stuff Cliff bought comes from a company called B+. Bottle says Pure CBD Peppermint Flavor. Dosage is 1-2 full droppers under tongue; in my mouth the full dropper immediately spills over. I swallow and start gagging. I actually did better last night quickly sipping cranberry juice. This morning I had the first dropper full and got some on the tip of my pinkie finger. As soon as pinkie touched my lip I started retching before I ever squirt the dropper. I put two droppers full in my juice. It is sitting across the room where I don't have to smell it. I suspect that was a bad idea and I'll have to dump it.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Finally just dumped my morning juice, just can't stand the smell of the oil. And interestingly enough Cliff got an email saying his refund had been processed and should hit his card within 7 days. So I'll return the 4 unopened bottles, even though they haven't asked for them. Think the accounting department and the shipping department aren't speaking to each other.