• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A personal prayer request...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This morning my daughter confided in me that her daughter is considering abortion as the outcome of what could be the joyful news of the birth of my first great-grandchild.

To say I am heart-sick would be putting it mildly. My usual reaction would be to call and share this with my sister and best friend. But I am sworn to silence. I've been wrestling with it all morning.
And then I thought of the prayer support I have seen extended here, so decided to ask for help.
It's not very often that my life mirrors the headlines -- but in this case, many would say the situation confirms belief abortion should be available on demand. But, I happen to be in the other camp, where I believe it is almost always the wrong choice. So, please don't anyone turn this into a political debate.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I am praying for your granddaughter. It's definitely a personal choice. I am so sorry this has you heartsick, and as it would me.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
May your grand-daughter be guided to make what is the right decision concerning her own body, and may her family find peace with that decision.

Jim

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
May God bless your family with this dilemma you are going thru, praying for you all what a predicament to put you in.

I just was reading responses of all the people thanking God for their mothers choosing life and how grateful they were to be alive! It was amazing, all walks of life in every scenario given as a reason to abort.
Thankful to be here, my mom chose life, and dad being a confirmed bachelor married my mom after finding out about me. Doing the "right" thing at that time. Not a happy marriage but a great dad, and would have been a great dad if he did not marry.
My heart goes out to you, as well as my prayers.
Dave

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
May your grand-daughter be guided to make what is the right decision concerning the baby that is being carried in her own body, and may she and her family find peace with that decision.

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
prayers for God's guidance for your grand-daughter. if she has access to a crisis pregnancy center, they can give her alternative options without pressure.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Praying for your family. As an adopted child, that is always a great option if she doesn't think she's ready to be a parent. The waiting list for newborn's is miles long.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
I know this may sound political, but not meant to be. This will always be your first great grandchild regardless of the outcome.
Try not to agonize over what is truly beyond your control. Hopefully your granddaughter will be surrounded by loving family as she struggles with the decision as well.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Praying for you and your family.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I am an adopted child who is thankful that my birth mother chose to let me live and personally found the right parents for me. I am also the friend of several women who chose to do differently and each has suffered from gut wrenching guilt as a result. Our own daughter considered abortion early but was unable to do it upon seeing a doctor who did a scan. She could hear the heartbeat and see the baby and came away with the images. There was no way after that, for which I am thankful as is she. Praying for you and your family at this time.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Praying your granddaughter is overcome with hope and given vision beyond her present circumstances.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My heart and soul have been deeply touched by your responses and prayers. I had been carrying this burden all day, thinking of it as a decision they would make on the basis of financial and inconvenience.

Just had an update where I learned it is a medical decision. Camille has been on serious medications for the past year for Graves disease (thyroid disorder) and her doctor had told her not to get pregnant, while at the same time taking her off birth control pills. Seems she needs to consider another method than what she was using.
So, with this news I am feeling better about it. Also, learned she found out early enough she will not need a physical abortion but will be given a pill which will terminate pregnancy.
Whew, I am exhausted from pondering all of this right down to the deepest level -- or is it the 'highest' -- when does life begin? Only asking in a theoretical manner because replies could stir up debate.

And again, thank you for your prayers at a time I had nowhere else to turn.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes doctors heal more than patients' bodies. This one healed a family's heartache. All the best.

Jim

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Prayers for your granddaughter and your family.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Prayers your way. We had our first grandchild when our daughter was 15. I am very glad she was born as she is now 21 and married to a guy that likes to fish with me. Along the way we lost a grand child to a medical emergency abortion to save moms life. He would be about 6 right now.

Bill

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Prayers for you and your granddaughter. It is all going to work out, You will see.

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Praying for your granddaughter and family to find the peace,love and strength during this time. Let your heavenly Father feel you with his peace.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I understand your feelings, my daughter and her husband cannot have children, they have each other and a loving family, that is important.
Best wishes for your family.
Silentg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
Prayers for your granddaughter and her decision.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Prayers you way.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
May your grand-daughter be guided to make what is the right decision concerning her own body, and may her family find peace with that decision.

Jim

SORRY, but......I cannot sit idly by here.

So how will they be guided? By whom?
I noticed the absence of the word "prayer" which the OP seriously needs.

The highlighted words above comprise the biggest misstatement that ever existed, and a mantra that has enabled
a turning of a blind eye to what is a modern-day travesty. There are TWO bodies there (take a look---you can count them)
and neither has a right to end the other.

WHY WHY WHY does a mother think there's only HER body? It's ignorance, and a way to justify ANY decision.
How can ending a little life be "the right decision"? It's the WRONG decision, and simply a convenient one.
Society has been led to believe it's no big deal.

My sincere and gut-wrenching prayer is that the mother will seek "THE right decision" solution that allows
the precious baby to live and have a happy home. There are alternatives besides abortion!

I'm on vacation at the beach as we speak, but each time I walk along the vast, beautiful ocean this week,
or sit quietly on my balcony, I'll earnestly and passionately lift up your granddaughter in prayer, and you too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.