• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta GL Nuevo - here now

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
So we got here on Friday and are enjoying our very last stay on the $11/adult/day fee structure. Feeling pretty clever for booking that out 3 years ago now!

New - they stopped doing the 4PM popsicle service! We are bummed. I got contradictory info actually, we caught 2 1PMs at Tower 1 pool, we tried to catch a 4, but were told they were only serving 4PM at Punta Pools (did not pop over to confirm), and then Lisbeth from Joy Squad at the Tower 4 kids club said it was only 1PM at the Tower 4 pools. Will have to clarify what's up at Punta if we get a chance tomorrow.

I am in Punta tower 3BR presidential again and am now confident that if I get a 3 BR with my trader this is the only one they will assign me. It's my 3rd stay here now, I love it and have no complaints but remain curious of course about the other 2 layouts for 3 BR - Spa and loft.

We managed a 4BR residence last year but have not seen one for a loooooooong time. I think they must have changed things up so I can't see them anymore. Hope to be wrong, but happy to have gotten to ride up there once at least!

It's a great time of year to be here - no crowds, lots of space at pools and activities. It's cool enough to run at dawn, and for some reason not a lot of bugs right now.

I see they raised the meal plan prices again. We might still do it, but since we're only in it for dinner, might just do al a carte. Tower 2 is closed except for the gym, but both Tower 3 and 4 appear to be running.

Anything I can check out for anyone while I'm here?

hellolani

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention they seem to have really eased back on pushing the presentation. I told them I'd be happy to do it but I'm not buying and don't want to deal with angry sales guys. The guy said actually he could put me with a salary person instead of a commission person so they don't lose out - that was the bit of new insight I gleaned - and he offered me just the minimum perks - cab back to airport, 10% off reg price food, a couple of bogo meal vouchers and a 30% off spa rate for one type of massage. We did not bite, but appreciated the chance to benchmark the offerings.

jimwu921

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have a good unit assigned no need to do it. Most of us were forced to do it or a guaranteed ground floor view.....

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
That is actually a pretty decent package. Interesting that they did not push to do a presentation. They have been selling the Estates hard and you would seem a perfect candidate with your Punta unit.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
...... The guy said actually he could put me with a salary person instead of a commission person so they don't lose out - that was the bit of new insight I gleaned - and he offered me just the minimum perks - cab back to airport, 10% off reg price food, a couple of bogo meal vouchers and a 30% off spa rate for one type of massage. We did not bite, but appreciated the chance to benchmark the offerings.

A salary/ non commission rep could be one of the folks who do owner updates ....
they know the ropes & so do you - so probably a better overall experience . You would likely get some strong pressure in the sales room ; and likely a sales manager closer .
It would get you out of all the exit package nonsense .

hellolani

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey I enjoy the presentation, I prefer to stay on top of what they're doing, or what they are saying about it at least, but DH was not having it for less than 300 bucks. He hates them and they don't want me solo.

Catching a pretty rad sunset atm. And confirmed that 4pm is still a thing, but only at Punta for some reason. Maybe it's still on at residences and tower 5 too. Looks like the pool on the right side of the Punta pools is now adults only.
507c6091d7e1ae80d03c75b0c4d8ee40.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jan S

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here at The Grand Bliss in NV enjoying the beautiful weather. I was just here in April and I’m really surprised at how much has changed in 5 weeks! Construction has started on two gondolas that will provide transportation from the resort/beach area over to Celebrate Park. We heard Vidanta is not counting on MX nationals to visit the park b/c most won’t be able to afford the steep admission price. Hiring has begun and each employee must be bilingual to even apply! I can’t remember exactly how many people they need to run the park but I think it was more than 5000.

Half of The Grand Bliss pool is gone (that will be the sight of one of the gondolas. The other will be over near the The Grand Mayan). I cannot imagine how a big gondola will obstruct the views. Many of the walkways have been rerouted, roofs are going up over the wooden walkways, and this week’s rumor is that the infinity pool between The Grand Bliss pool and The Grand Luxxe over looking the boardwalk will be removed and replaced with a much bigger Beach Club than Riviera Maya’s. They seem to be trying to pack in as much as possible into every available spot. I also have to mention how disgusting the rivers and lakes have gotten in just one month. Stagnant, green, slimy water. It is really an eyesore. Can’t imagine what the mosquito problem will be as the humidity ramps up.

We refused another update mtg but was told if we do not attend then we won’t know the new policies regarding room reservations or details regarding the cruise ship. It’s probably another creative way to get an upgrade out of us. Not surprising.

Has anyone else heard about the new reservation rules?

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Yikes! We are planning on Jan trip there next yr. sounds like a lot of construction going on. Hope the pools will be open.
They’d have to offer me something like free meals and drinks out at any restaurant, the entire time I’m there to get me to go to another owners meeting. It’s almost a lost day of vacation in my book. Unless I’m really looking to upgrade something, I’m not going. Hope you have a great time there this week.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
heading to NV in 2 weeks for the 1st time. We were able to snag a 4 bed Residence so should be plenty of room for the family.

What prices were they offering on the meal plan?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
heading to NV in 2 weeks for the 1st time. We were able to snag a 4 bed Residence so should be plenty of room for the family.

What prices were they offering on the meal plan?

We'll be in NV tomorrow; will check on the prices if nobody else knows.

(P.S., you still have the Monte Cristo Estates listed in your profile as one you own; thought you gave that away.)

hellolani

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't have the pesos pricing as I already converted it to cad. In cad it's 53 per dinner and 25 per breakfast on balam, 6 of each

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
In NV now; Registry Collection exchange into a 1 BR PH Loft in tower 5 right before they added the resort fees there, so we're pretty happy about that. We wanted to try out this unit type since we hadn't before - my initial thoughts are that the unit is quite attractive to look at and in a good location as far as being only at the upper floors, but they made a fair number of design blunders. Most of the closet space is downstairs while the bed is upstairs, the fridge opens towards the wall instead of towards the kitchen work areas, and the kitchen is oddly equipped. There's a wall oven under the counter next to a dishwasher that doesn't look properly assembled for the trays and it's just a two burner cooktop with non-intuitive controls. Not anything too horrible, but I like the Villa units better and they have the same fees if you use a week you own. Some of it should be fixable (e.g., put the luggage stands on the same floor as the bedroom), but some is just structural design flaws (e.g., the constraints on the view due to the privacy walls between units making it a bit like tunnel vision). Livable for the week, though, and nice to know about for future stays.

We did wind up getting 4 pm popsicles at the tower 4 pool, though. Not sure what was different for you @hellolani. Calling it a night early after a long travel day and will try to hook up tomorrow. Anyone else in town this week?

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
We'll be in NV tomorrow; will check on the prices if nobody else knows.

(P.S., you still have the Monte Cristo Estates listed in your profile as one you own; thought you gave that away.)
I picked up an every year MCE so we can travel each year. We really love MCE. Great family destination.

Flasher42

Reaction score
Anyone in NV now. How far along is construction? Hopefully most restaurants will be open by Oct11

Jaredcg20

Reaction score
Is check in any faster when you’re staying in a 3 bedroom presidential villa? As those only exist in the Punta tower, I’d hope they wouldn’t jerk your around much.

thanks

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Is check in any faster when you’re staying in a 3 bedroom presidential villa? As those only exist in the Punta tower, I’d hope they wouldn’t jerk your around much.

thanks
When we were at Vidanta NV in Feb.2022 - our check in process was done in a central location near where the inbound cab & luggage area is located.
I think this was being done in part due to staffing.

Last edited: