• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Correct reservation fee for a waitlist reservation done online?

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
I put in a waitlist request online a few weeks ago that came through today (first day my 2020 points were available). I was charged $47 for the reservation which I understand is the cost if done by phone, however I did the waitlist request online. I am thinking that it should be $41 but thought I would check to make sure I have not missed something before I call them tomorrow? I could not find anything specifically on this in the club guide.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I put in a waitlist request online a few weeks ago that came through today (first day my 2020 points were available). I was charged $47 for the reservation which I understand is the cost if done by phone, however I did the waitlist request online. I am thinking that it should be $41 but thought I would check to make sure I have not missed something before I call them tomorrow? I could not find anything specifically on this in the club guide.

From the HRC website:

Hyatt Residence Club Fee Schedule
Effective Oct. 1, 2018

CLUB USE PERIOD (and LIMITED CLUB USE PERIOD) RESERVATIONS
Reservation fee $41 via our website $47 via phone

peas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one! Please report this. Hyatt is looking into my 2 matches that got charged $47 (that was over 8 weeks ago). I have not heard back. In the meantime, I got another match which is another $47. I had 2 other matches prior to the ones I reported that I couldn't "prove" I didn't call in and ask to book via a online counselor. (There was a period where I couldn't use the request list function until I figured out it only worked with Chrome). They say that my issue of only having to use Chrome is now fixed since I'm getting it to work so they're going to charge me the $47 for those 2 matches. Infuriates me since I had the issue then when I put in the request so they should refund me my $6x2, and anyways, the person taking my request should not have charged the online fee since I couldn't use the request function then when they put it in. That's how they denied the request, but after the newer $47 charges, I've come to realize I get charged $47 for each fulfilled request & $41 for any available booking. The problem is that they don't believe me. Ever since the new website, it's been nothing but trouble one after the other for me. I hate the new website for so many reasons.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
I have not had a chance to call them yet but will i the next few days. I have never even spoken to them on the phone yet (relatively new owner) so they certainly cannot claim I called in. Do they not keep any log of incoming call contacts? I will certainly post what I am told.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
I just reviewed all three of our reservations for this year and we were charged $47 for each one. All three were done online via the request wait list and I have a PDF saved of each request. I emailed Hyatt this morning and requested an $18 refund. Clearly something is wrong in their system that needs to be corrected. Hopefully they'll respond - I hate using the phone. :)

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked our records and we were charged $47 for 4 different reservations and $41 for others! I’ll call and see what they say. Additionally, we were waitlisted for a unit which I happened upon while browsing the website. It was not confirmed from the waitlist, but we booked it online!

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked our records and we were charged $47 for 4 different reservations and $41 for others! I’ll call and see what they say. Additionally, we were waitlisted for a unit which I happened upon while browsing the website. It was not confirmed from the waitlist, but we booked it online!
All of the $47 ones were confirmed from the waitlist which I did online

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
I got an email reply Wednesday night stating I should get a refund within 7-10 days. If I actually get it, I'll post here. :)

maizeandblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an email for HRC? I tried calling twice and the Hyatt team told me that they cant issue a refund.

As a sidenote does anyone notice the service levels have been going downhill with Hyatt? They are no longer open on Sundays and it takes a while to talk to a person.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I sent an email about being overcharged to hvomemberservices@hyattvoi.com and I just received a response that they will be refunding me the $47 charge and once that is processed will they then charge me the correct $41. The email also indicated that they have reported the issue to IT. I suspect that they are getting a lot of questions about being incorrectly charged for online waitlist requests.

peas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks IslandTime & ConejoRed for the emails. I got a email response from them. I don't know what's up with my call in complaint since I still haven't heard a response.

The email said that IT has informed them that it has been resolved and it shouldn't happen again. I guess we'll see, but it won't be from me. I won't have another request match for a while. I had 5 requests fulfilled from 12/30 - 5/1 being charged $47.

Was the booking done close to the requested/desired date?