• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Diamond resort, Pigeon Forge AVOID SALES PITCH

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
Attended sales pitch 1 week ago..lasted 3 hrs,about average..spoke to 4, yes 4 reps..first 3 were very professional last one, insulting, demanded our credit card, we were told we were not leaving until will bought. He finally called us STUPID for not seeing the value. What a character...we got up got our gift and left..ever hear of Shady McCrady ?? That is Diamond Resorts

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Attended sales pitch 1 week ago..lasted 3 hrs,about average..spoke to 4, yes 4 reps..first 3 were very professional last one, insulting, demanded our credit card, we were told we were not leaving until will bought. He finally called us STUPID for not seeing the value. What a character...we got up got our gift and left..ever hear of Shady McCrady ?? That is Diamond Resorts
Don't feel that you have been the first to be treated like that, I had Wyndham call me stupid for not seeing the value.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
You can substitute Pigeon Forge for just about any Diamond resort with a sales staff. My worst was at Scottsdale Villas Mirage. The closer took us into a room by ourselves and after fifteen minutes with him I stood up, saying we'd already spent 90 minutes with the sales person and we weren't making a purchase today. He made some comment to Cliff like "does she always make decisions for you?" and at that point I left the room, walking toward the gifting counter with Cliff and Closer following. Closer says to me "go with God, but just GO!" I snapped back FU, AH. "Wha, wha, why do you have that attitude?" Because you insulted my husband and said go with God but just GO to me, so I repeat, FUAH. I didn't care who heard me and poor gifting girl was ready to crawl under her desk. Why they treat their owners like they do is beyond me. For every one of us they rope in with their gift card offers and then insult and drag the presentation on for five hours (our personal record), how many members read our stories and vow to never again buy another point, let alone sit for a presentation.

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk + DRI/HVC
Wow, how unprofessional of the salesman...

To get out of the possibility of overtime presentations we’d always go in with an excuse that we’re on a time limit. Typically something like we’ve got reservations at [time] for [activity].

However in the past few years we’ve decided to just avoid presentations altogether- $100 or whatever for “90-minutes“ of our time is not worth it.

We avoid the presentations by having my wife stay in the car/lobby at check-in, and when I go to get the Welcome Package/parking pass and they pop the question - I tell them I’ll have to check with my wife. And of course, never answer the phone. I wonder how long it will be until they start knocking on the door, or corralling us through a centralized building check-in/check-out area where there’s no way to avoid making the presentation appointment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We always say "NO MORE!". Then last month they offered us $200 in Sedona and $250 in Scottsdale. We luckily had pleasant 1 hour chats this time.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just don’t go

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
If some guy told me I’m not leaving until I buy, I would calmly call the Police in front of him and tell them I am being held hostage.

I suspect he will back off fast.

What a Jerk!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
If some guy told me I’m not leaving until I buy...

That might not be always what they outright say, but it's usually what they imply. They, in essence imply, "We're not giving you your gift until you sign. I know you don't have all day but we do. If you keep resisting, we'll just keep sending in more sales people until you buy."

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
He made some comment to Cliff like "does she always make decisions for you?"

That's one of the three methods that these sales people often use that I totally despise. They try to play one spouse/partner/significant other against the other one. That's one reason why these presentations require that both spouses/partners attend.

Frankly, believe it or not, I'd be totally okay attending one of these presentations if I didn't have to bring my significant other with me but their methods are aimed at getting one spouse/partner angry at each other which will stop one or both spouses/partners thinking sensibly. Those mind games that sales people play! :mad:

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk + DRI/HVC
...That's one reason why these presentations require that both spouses/partners attend...

I always thought they did that so that you couldn’t say “let me check with my spouse“, because both decision makers are present.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Yes, that's another reason.

I personally stay away from all presentation offers. The trinket offered is just not worth it to me so I stop them right in their tracks.

I just tell them truthfully that I’m on vacation and thus do not conduct business at anytime. Then I tell them I can buy timeshares for a dollar so don’t waste mine or their time.
If they are pushy, so am I. If they are real pushy I tell them to F .... and walk away.

My vacation time is for unwinding, eliminating stress and recharging. Not getting drilled on the sales floor. No trinket offered replaces what I really came for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk