• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

St. Kitts internal/external room with DP

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a week for next April. When I called to book the DP, the Marriott rep asked which category, Garden, Ocean View and Ocean Side. We had enough points for any of the the three, but she suggested, Garden was nice and would save points. She then asked if we wanted an internal or external room. Having no idea what was the difference, the rep stated one was facing the pool the other the outside. I have not been able to read any recent comments, but some from 4 years ago, state the external are on the outside units and have 2 balconies. Any owners out there or anyone who know about the categories, can you clarify? Thanks

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We just stayed there last month and had an external garden view, which is what we had reserved. Interestingly enough, they gave us an internal unit first and then switched us to an external unit when we mentioned what we had reserved. Both were in the Brimstone building, which was located next to the south pool.

We preferred the external unit because it had two balconies, both of which faced the pool area, and the two bedrooms were at opposite ends of the unit. The internal unit only had one balcony off of the living room and the bedrooms were closer together.

Now that we have been there I would request the Camp building #1 as they planted new shrubs between the building and the pool and they are very low for now. So, you have a more open view. If you want more privacy on the first floor then Brimstone is better because the shrubs are fully grown.

Enjoy your trip.

Best regards.

Mike

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a week for next April. When I called to book the DP, the Marriott rep asked which category, Garden, Ocean View and Ocean Side. We had enough points for any of the the three, but she suggested, Garden was nice and would save points. She then asked if we wanted an internal or external room. Having no idea what was the difference, the rep stated one was facing the pool the other the outside. I have not been able to read any recent comments, but some from 4 years ago, state the external are on the outside units and have 2 balconies. Any owners out there or anyone who know about the categories, can you clarify? Thanks
We own a St Kitts Garden View external.
If the rep said that one was facing the pool the other the outside, they did not explain it very well at all!
All Garden view units in a building face the same direction and are on lower floors.
Not all buildings face the pool, although there are no bad views.
The difference is the unit layout, which is why we prefer external.
External has 2 balconies (facing the same direction as the 1 balcony of the internal) with bedrooms at opposite ends of the unit (whereas they are adjacent with the internal)
External means that these units are at the ends of the buildings.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a St Kitts Garden View external.
If the rep said that one was facing the pool the other the outside, they did not explain it very well at all!
All Garden view units in a building face the same direction and are on lower floors.
Not all buildings face the pool, although there are no bad views.
The difference is the unit layout, which is why we prefer external.
External has 2 balconies (facing the same direction as the 1 balcony of the internal) with bedrooms at opposite ends of the unit (whereas they are adjacent with the internal)
External means that these units are at the ends of the buildings.

Once again you tuggers know more than the MVC reps!
I recently booked St. Kitts for next April with points and I noticed it specifically listed the number of balconies. I asked a rep why and she could not explain what was going on.
I ended up booking a 2 br Oceanside that was listed as one balcony. There wasn’t a 2 balcony option for this view on the dates I was booking.
Are there 2 balcony Oceanside units?
I chose this view because I was trying to use up points.
Other views were available.

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Once again you tuggers know more than the MVC reps!
I recently booked St. Kitts for next April with points and I noticed it specifically listed the number of balconies. I asked a rep why and she could not explain what was going on.
I ended up booking a 2 br Oceanside that was listed as one balcony. There wasn’t a 2 balcony option for this view on the dates I was booking.
Are there 2 balcony ocean view units?
I chose this view because I was trying to use up points.
Other views were available.
Yes there are.
For some reason I have never understood, although the External 2 balcony units cost more to buy originally as weeks purchases, there is no differentiation in points required for the External and Internal units.
It is annoying for me as an External unit weeks owner, as I do not receive any more electable points for my enrolled weeks there.
It is good for anyone booking these with points, if they can get the External units but that is not always easy just because of the lack of differentiation.
The resort allocations team will clearly know though, much better than Owner Services.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes there are.
For some reason I have never understood, although the External 2 balcony units cost more to buy originally as weeks purchases, there is no differentiation in points required for the External and Internal units.
It is annoying for me as an External unit weeks owner, as I do not receive any more electable points for my enrolled weeks there.
It is good for anyone booking these with points, if they can get the External units but that is not always easy just because of the lack of differentiation.
The resort allocations team will clearly know though, much better than Owner Services.

So just so I am clear are you saying each of the views has an external (2 balcony) and internal (1 balcony) option? I just went to the resort page and was able to see the two layouts.
When booking with points the words internal and external are not there, just the number of balconies.

I am currently booked for 2br Oceanside 1 balcony.
Would prefer the 2 balcony so I’m going to keep my eye out for that instead.

Any thoughts on Oceanside vs. Oceanview?
We plan to have some older folks with us who will enjoy sitting on the balcony taking in the view.
Is there a resort map someplace showing which is oceanside and with is Oceanview? That would be helpful!

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
0C4F25B1-D8AE-468D-BB27-49EAE30B0F18.png
So just so I am clear are you saying each of the views has an external (2 balcony) and internal (1 balcony) option? I just went to the resort page and was able to see the two layouts.
When booking with points the words internal and external are not there, just the number of balconies.

I am currently booked for 2br Oceanside 1 balcony.
Would prefer the 2 balcony so I’m going to keep my eye out for that instead.

Any thoughts on Oceanside vs. Oceanview?
We plan to have some older folks with us who will enjoy sitting on the balcony taking in the view.
Is there a resort map someplace showing which is oceanside and with is Oceanview? That would be helpful!
Yes, that is what I am saying.
It is not made at all clear, but if you click on each of the room types you will see for each view designation 1 balcony (Internal not stated) and 2 balcony (External not stated)
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-rooms/skbkt-marriotts-st-kitts-beach-club/
Oceanside is undoubtedly the best, if you can spare the points.
Jessup, Westbury and Palmetto houses are exclusively Oceanside.
For me, I would choose Westbury on the highest floor possible for both the views of the Ocean and down towards the Southern Peninsula.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 11914

Yes, that is what I am saying.
It is not made at all clear, but if you click on each of the room types you will see for each view designation 1 balcony (Internal not stated) and 2 balcony (External not stated)
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-rooms/skbkt-marriotts-st-kitts-beach-club/
Oceanside is undoubtedly the best, if you can spare the points.
Jessup, Westbury and Palmetto houses are exclusively Oceanside.
For me, I would choose Westbury on the highest floor possible for both the views of the Ocean and down towards the Southern Peninsula.

Thank you!
So most Oceanside should have a view?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you!
So most Oceanside should have a view?
Yes they should.
With ground floor units, there will be less view of the ocean, partly because you are lower but also because there is a sea wall.
It is not a high wall for these buildings, but upper floors should mostly be better.
The other factor is that as the palm trees in front of the buildings have grown different units have had their views partly restricted.
They should all have at least fairly good views though.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes there are.
This is true for Aruba as well where the OS and OV are different costs but you get the same in DC points and they cost the same when reserved for DC points.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is true for Aruba as well where the OS and OV are different costs but you get the same in DC points and they cost the same when reserved for DC points.
Of course when we bought our weeks, points did not exist.
With hindsight, some of our purchase decisions may well have been different.
Thankfully, most would have been the same.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course when we bought our weeks, points did not exist.
With hindsight, some of our purchase decisions may well have been different.
Thankfully, most would have been the same.
I totally agree, Likely the only difference would have been that I would have bought different trading options, ones with a little higher trade power and more points for the fees. Looking at our 18 weeks and considering where I am now, want going forward and the points, I would likely not own Surfwatch or Willow Ridge so 14 of our 18 weeks would likely be the same and I'd own Maybe 3-4 total from Grande Vista, Desert (CA or AZ) and LV all Platinum other than maybe Gold Desert weeks.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
What is the beach like at this resort?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
136C82A4-398A-4AA4-B390-DF16F8992C64.jpeg
What is the beach like at this resort?
At some times of the year, in recent years, there has been a seaweed problem (similarly across much of the Caribbean)
We have never seen it on all of our visits, but it is worth checking for the dates people are thinking of visiting.
When this does happen, the resort has bused guests to other beaches.
Also the Marriott is on the Atlantic ocean, but a short 10-15 minute walk will take you to the calmer Caribbean Sea.
Whenever we have been though, this is the beach we know at the resort.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
What the photo doesn't show is the wind and waves (windward side of the island). But you may see there is a break wall a hundred or so yards out in the water to help with calming the waves. But the beach is beautiful and clean and the pool and pool bar are a short walk away.