• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Harborside Now

blondietink

Reaction score
Arrived yesterday at about 3:30 after a pick up by Cheryl's service and a grocery stop. There were tons of people waiting for rooms, but I walked right up to the desk and were assigned a villa in building 6, 4th floor. Villa is in good shape. Nice location and quiet. I had requested a high floor and that is what I got. Now this morning when the water pressure dropped and now almost nothing is coming out of the taps.

Went to the Junkanoo parade at the village shops last night and had a great time.

We brought some frozen food and it all arrived still frozen after about 11 hours of time between packing it and then the travels.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I’ll be there next week. Looking forward to it!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We love that places - all the pools, the beaches, and the restaurants. It's expensive, but a great resort. My wife had a problem last trip - she had so much pain in her knee she couldn't do all the walking around Aquaventure and had trouble just getting on the shuttle. She ended up with a knee replacement when we got home, so now we're looking forward to the next trip.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Arrived yesterday at about 3:30 after a pick up by Cheryl's service and a grocery stop. There were tons of people waiting for rooms, but I walked right up to the desk and were assigned a villa in building 6, 4th floor. Villa is in good shape. Nice location and quiet. I had requested a high floor and that is what I got. Now this morning when the water pressure dropped and now almost nothing is coming out of the taps.

Went to the Junkanoo parade at the village shops last night and had a great time.

We brought some frozen food and it all arrived still frozen after about 11 hours of time between packing it and then the travels.

Have a great time. We will be there starting Friday, which will be our second stay at the resort. We enjoyed it several years ago, so are looking forward to it.

I’ll be there next week. Looking forward to it!

As noted earlier, we will be there starting Friday, so we may see you there. Safe travels. PM me if you would like to meet up some time during the stay.

Best regards.

Mike

blondietink

Reaction score
We have been walking 5-6 miles per day since we got here so bring your walking shoes!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
We have been walking 5-6 miles per day since we got here so bring your walking shoes!
I know that! One day we ride the shuttle to the Cove Tower, then spend the day at the Baths Pool and the Cove beach, then walk over to the Royal pool, then the former Blu Pool, then the pool by the Coral Tower, then walk down the path thru the Marina Village. The next day we walk up thru the Marina Village to the last pool, then walk our way from pool to pool back to the Cove, then ride the shuttle home. We even hit the Point Pool on the way! The place is AWESOME! I also hit some tube rides along the way at the Mayan and Power Tower, plus the SURGE!

cvelasco

TUG Member
Reaction score

Do the villas have a convection microwave to make pizza or taquitos from frozen?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Do the villas have a convection microwave to make pizza or taquitos from frozen?

According to the Harborside entry on Vistana:
  • Fully-equipped kitchen includes four-burner cooktop, microwave/convection oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, blender and dinnerware

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
According to the Harborside entry on Vistana:
  • Fully-equipped kitchen includes four-burner cooktop, microwave/convection oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, blender and dinnerware

Yes it’s a micro combo convection. There is no full size range/oven. Glass cooktop.

blondietink

Reaction score
That is my only dislike at Harborside. No real oven .... or barbecues available.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Yes, Harborside could use the grills since eating out is SO expensive.

jramat

TUG Member
Reaction score

What’s the status with WiFi/internet? Also do you folks have mobile phone capability? Thanks.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
jramat, when we went to HRA few years ago, we went to the trouble of buying a portable device (Pocket Wifi), but it maxed out on Day 1 or 2 even though we were just doing the basic email. So I wouldn't recommend that. Instead, I'd just suck it up and pay for the HRA in-house wifi even though it's expensive.

Check your cell phone provider for mobile phone capability. We have Verizon and can get a signal in most touristy places using their international plan. At HRA, we paid a flat fee for 100 minutes, 100 texts and 100 mb of data (or something like that), but now they offer an international plan for $10/day per device that just draws on your existing plan (with no international roaming charges). Since it's $10 per device, we consolidate to one phone where possible.

If we went to HRA often, I'd consider buying cheap walkie talkies to stay in touch with my family members on-island and leaving my cell phone in the condo. Cause if you bring your phone to the water park, you'll inevitably either leave it unattended, carry it with you in a waterproof case, or purchase a daily locker for $$.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How much is wifi at HRA?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
How much is wifi at HRA?

$20 a day plus VAT. We had slow speeds with our T Mobile phones and decided to buy it for the last two days. Works all over Atlantis.

Four devices for the price so we had both phones and both iPads on it. Not really fast but good enough to stream some video on an iPad.

blondietink

Reaction score
With the VAT the price per day came out to around $24.00 and is good for 24 hours and 4 devices. We never had a problem with the connection or speed. We used it for the kids to browse Youtube, etc. in the evenings when there wasn't a lot to do and we were tired from a day at the pools and beach. The wifi at Atlantis is free from 9 am - 6 pm around the pools. I just sucked the cost up and justified it by saying that we paid this instead of a resort fee, which I think at Atlantis is $40.00 per day, or the darned tax that you pay per day while staying in a timeshare in Hawaii.

Also at Atlantis in the evenings they have free movies! We saw Aquaman, and there were other not quite first run movies but we weren't interested in them. To get to the theater you go to the Coral tower and head toward the convention center inside.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoying our first visit to HRA. Took the next cab in line from the queue waiting just outside Arrivals area. No stops from the airport to HRA, since we were arriving mid-morning and HRA does not store perishables before check in. Was initially surprised by the cab fare until I saw the posted rates -

HRA_CabFare2019.PNG

Harborside Pool was evacuated last Sunday after a child had an "accident" in the pool, so we walked over to and hung out at Paradise Lagoon. All's well.

blondietink

Reaction score
The cab rates are regulated by the government. I don't believe the Uber is available on the island, but I could be wrong. Our cab ride for 4 plus luggage via Cheryl's from the airport with a stop at the grocery store was $70.00. Our cab ride back to the airport for 4 plus luggage with no stops was $55.00. When you consider how much a meal for 4 people on the island is (or the meal plan), I think the cab rates are a bargain, lol. That's why we cook in our villa and bring a suitcase full of food.

jramat

TUG Member
Reaction score
jramat, when we went to HRA few years ago, we went to the trouble of buying a portable device (Pocket Wifi), but it maxed out on Day 1 or 2 even though we were just doing the basic email. So I wouldn't recommend that. Instead, I'd just suck it up and pay for the HRA in-house wifi even though it's expensive.

Check your cell phone provider for mobile phone capability. We have Verizon and can get a signal in most touristy places using their international plan. At HRA, we paid a flat fee for 100 minutes, 100 texts and 100 mb of data (or something like that), but now they offer an international plan for $10/day per device that just draws on your existing plan (with no international roaming charges). Since it's $10 per device, we consolidate to one phone where possible.

If we went to HRA often, I'd consider buying cheap walkie talkies to stay in touch with my family members on-island and leaving my cell phone in the condo. Cause if you bring your phone to the water park, you'll inevitably either leave it unattended, carry it with you in a waterproof case, or purchase a daily locker for $$.
Thanks for the quick comeback!!

jramat

TUG Member
Reaction score

New question... we are big hockey fans from St Louis. Hopefully the Blues will be in the Finals ( might know tonight). Been wondering if we will get the games on tvs in the villas at Harborside. Does anyone know if NBC sports or the NHL channel is available there? Was considering bring Firestick or YouTube TV stick and that’s why we asked about internet in the villas. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
New question...Does anyone know if NBC sports or the NHL channel is available there?

The villas have HDTVs but the signal is analog, so picture is not super sharp but good for general viewing. NBC Sports (Ch. 54) is in the lineup.

Last edited:

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
We decided to be spontaneous and catch the ferry to and from downtown Nassau and have dinner at a TUG recommended restaurant. We should have asked more questions after finding out that the ferry to downtown only runs until 6 pm. We caught a cab instead, but found it odd that downtown was a virtual ghost town when we got there. Practically everything was closed with a few cruise ship passengers and locals milling about. There were a couple of bars and restaurants open, but none we were interested in trying.

Since we were downtown, we tried to find a liquor store so the trip wasn't a total waste. All the "700" liquor stores were closed. We asked the locals who pointed us to Tropicana just past The Straw Market. We got our vodka and scotch then headed back to HRA.

We were surprised to find downtown Nassau closed at 6 pm. We asked if it was because it was a weekday, but were told it's the same during the weekend. I guess plan a visit to downtown early in the day if you want to take the ferry and try the good places to eat.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We decided to be spontaneous and catch the ferry to and from downtown Nassau and have dinner at a TUG recommended restaurant. We should have asked more questions after finding out that the ferry to downtown only runs until 6 pm. We caught a cab instead, but found it odd that downtown was a virtual ghost town when we got there. Practically everything was closed with a few cruise ship passengers and locals milling about. There were a couple of bars and restaurants open, but none we were interested in trying.

Since we were downtown, we tried to find a liquor store so the trip wasn't a total waste. All the "700" liquor stores were closed. We asked the locals who pointed us to Tropicana just past The Straw Market. We got our vodka and scotch then headed back to HRA.

We were surprised to find downtown Nassau closed at 6 pm. We asked if it was because it was a weekday, but were told it's the same during the weekend. I guess plan a visit to downtown early in the day if you want to take the ferry and try the good places to eat.
I suspect that once the cruise ships leave, most places close up shop.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Thanks!!! And it is "Official"...St. Louis Blues are in the Stanley Cup Finals....Let's Go Blues!!!!!!
I was at Welk in Branson for game three and a series of three or four cars gave the *honk honk honnnnk! Just before puck drop. Too bad about that hand pass.
But first time in the Final since 1970 and we're playing the Bruins again!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk