• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Visa to pay Vistana MF

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Probably it has been answered somewhere, but I couldn’t find the thread. Since SPG and Marriott have been completed their merger and there is no reason for me to keep both Amex SPG card and Chase Bonvoy Visa. I’m thinking about to cancel my SPG Amex to free up an Amex card slot for Amex Hilton Aspire card. My question is if I use Chase Marriott Bonvoy Visa to pay Vistana annual MF, will I receive 6 points per dollar? Or it will just be 2 points?

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
You will receive 6 points per dollar spent at Vistana resorts. Make certain that your Marriott rewards number is associated with your reservation

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
My question is if I use Chase Marriott Bonvoy Visa to pay Vistana annual MF, will I receive 6 points per dollar? Or it will just be 2 points?

2 points. I paid the $59 guest fee as a test. I used another card that offers 3x for travel instead to pay the MF.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If past experience of mine is an indication, you WILL NOT receive the 6x multiplier on Vistana MF spending on the Chase credit card. Keep the SPG Amex if you want to take advantage of that. Perhaps MVC is working on negotiating with Chase on getting that 6x multiplier for Vistana MFs as they are working to try to bring the two programs together. It would be nice.

chrono88

TUG Member
Reaction score
As of a few months ago, at least, Vistana MF do not give chase bonvoy credit card 6x. But resort charges at vistana timeshares do appear to give the 6x (we stayed at wkorv). Chase sapphire reserve does give 3x on vistana MF.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I can also confirm that the Marriott Chase card doesn’t provide 6x for Vistana MF’s. I learned the hard way when I forgot that when paying our 2019 MF’s. Lesson learned.

Best regards.

Mike

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do get the 6x multiplier with the Bonvoy American Express, though.

blondietink

Reaction score
We are keeping both cards for now, since both come with a free night in a Mariott/Sheraton branded hotel yearly. Pretty much covers the yearly membership fee on the cards.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok thanks for your reply. I will keep both SPG and Chase Bonvoy cards then.

TravelBee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Resort
Same reason I am keeping ours :)

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
You DO get 6 points per dollar spent on MF at Vistana TimeShares when using a Chase Marriott Visa Card. At least I did when using the card to pay MFs at Harborside for 2019. I had to make a phone call to Card Services to get the points. The problem is that Marriott has not hard coded into their list of eligible properties "Harborside at Atlantis". The phone call took about 20 minutes, as the first reply was that the payment for maintenance fees was not eligible for 6 points. When I questioned the response as to why not, the person on the phone told me that it was not on "the list".

This led to a request for an evaluation by a higher level. She put me on hold and asked her resolution department to sort it out. Somebody did a web search and found out Harborside was part of Atlantis. From there a formal request was made. I received a letter about 2 weeks later with the acknowledgement that our MF payment qualified for 6 points.

Then did the same thing for the Sheraton Desert Oasis MFs and was resolved with just the phone call. This was all done in the last 2 months.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
You DO get 6 points per dollar spent on MF at Vistana TimeShares when using a Chase Marriott Visa Card. At least I did when using the card to pay MFs at Harborside for 2019. I had to make a phone call to Card Services to get the points. The problem is that Marriott has not hard coded into their list of eligible properties "Harborside at Atlantis". The phone call took about 20 minutes, as the first reply was that the payment for maintenance fees was not eligible for 6 points. When I questioned the response as to why not, the person on the phone told me that it was not on "the list".

This led to a request for an evaluation by a higher level. She put me on hold and asked her resolution department to sort it out. Somebody did a web search and found out Harborside was part of Atlantis. From there a formal request was made. I received a letter about 2 weeks later with the acknowledgement that our MF payment qualified for 6 points.

Then did the same thing for the Sheraton Desert Oasis MFs and was resolved with just the phone call. This was all done in the last 2 months.
I did not get the 6 points per dollar when I paid my 2019

I did not escalate it.

mindy35

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Forgive me. I'm confused. It seems like there are a few conflicting reports above as to which cards will qualify for the 6x points acruel for MF's not "Resort charges"?

I am trying to figure out which card to use to pre-pay next year's MF's that would gain the most Bonvoy point bonus. I don't believe I was successful in 2018 but for me to figure it out, I need the "plating" or "coding" of the Vistana payment charge as it is listed so I can search for it on my statements.

I own at WKORV- N (which before Vistana would specifically show the charge as "Westin") and have a both a Bonvoy Chase Visa and the converted SPG AmEx? Do I have to appeal to receive the bonus or did these procedures that worked or did not work in the past do so mainly because of the whole system was in transition.

Last edited:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Forgive me. I'm confused. It seems like there are a few conflicting reports above as to which cards will qualify for the 6x points acruel for MF's not "Resort charges"?

I am trying to figure out which card to use to pre-pay next year's MF's that would gain the most Bonvoy point bonus. I don't believe I was successful in 2018 but for me to figure it out, I need the "plating" or "coding" of the Vistana payment charge as it is listed so I can search for it on my statements.

I own at WKORV- N (which before Vistana would specifically show the charge as "Westin") and have a both a Bonvoy Chase Visa and the converted SPG AmEx? Do I have to appeal to receive the bonus or did these procedures that worked or did not work in the past mainly because of the whole system was in transition.
I just paid a $109 on AX Bonvoy Brilliant. When the statement comes through I'll figure out the points add.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

mindy35

TUG Member
Reaction score

I own at WKORV- N (which before Vistana would specifically show the charge as "Westin") and have a both a Bonvoy Chase Visa and the converted SPG AmEx? Do I have to appeal to receive the bonus or did these procedures that worked or did not work in the past mainly because of the whole system was in transition.

Ahhh.......I finally found it. It's listed as "OCEAN RESORT MASTER ASSC" and coded as "Travel" but not specifically counted as Marriott Bonvoy or Westin which might have made it ineligible for the 6x Bonus.

The reason I was having difficulty determining whether I received the bonus was because the charge was part of the $3000 required spend for the original 75K signing bonus. It is listed as "Premierplus - Nonmarriott Spen" . It appears as if I only received the 2x "everything else" bonus.

BTW, I noticed that they do not offer this "Premier Plus" card (as listed on my card) but most likely is considered the "Boundless" card based on the benefits it offers and the fees I am charged. Would the outcome be the same with the converted SPG/Bonvoy Amex?

I don't know if the issue would be different if I had the "Brilliant" higher end card but I do not have that.

Last edited:

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Right now, I keep both Amex and Chase Bonvoy cards until these banks figure it out. I use Chase to pay legacy Marriott hotels expenses and Amex to pay legacy Starwood hotels. I let the FN certificate to justify the $95 fee until we know more. It's so confusing.

mindy35

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have given up trying to find someone at Vistana, Marriott Bonvoy, Chase Bonvoy card and Amex Legacy SPG/Bonvoy card who has a definitive answer to this issue. Each phone call had me bounced around to multiple "Supervisors" but not a single person knew anything. I'll add that both the Bonvoy cards are the $95 version, not the higher end $450 cards.

I eventually decided to used my CSR to get 4x Travel bonus rather than risk getting only 2x "everything else" on the Bonvoy cards.

I would love to hear anecdotal experience from those who have had successful or unsuccessful attempts at getting 6x points for next year's MF payments.

Sonomamon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KOR North
Anyone had recent experience with this? I don't have the Brilliant card, but I do have both Amex and Chase Bonvoy cards. Will any of them earn me extra points on my MF, or should I just use something else? Thank you.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I got 6X on my Brilliant AMEX Marriott card for Vistana (SBP and SDO) and Marriott MF's. I don't know what I will do with all of those points, however. Marriott is devaluing their program again.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I used Amex Brilliant Marriott and got 6x on both Marriott and Vistana MF. I can confirm I received $300 annual credit from Marriott side. However, if you have Amex $50 credit on $200 Marriott spend offer, it seems only Vistana side (Westin/Sheraton) can trigger it.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I got 6X on my Brilliant AMEX Marriott card for Vistana (SBP and SDO) and Marriott MF's. I don't know what I will do with all of those points, however. Marriott is devaluing their program again.
I'm with you on this...I'm debating using my Southwest VISA so I can try to get Companion Pass again next year. This year will be the first without it since like 2012 for me. :(

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I'm with you on this...I'm debating using my Southwest VISA so I can try to get Companion Pass again next year. This year will be the first without it since like 2012 for me. :(
The 100K Southwest Card offer expired recently. I was looking into it yesterday and saw nothing more about it on SW's site!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
The 100K Southwest Card offer expired recently. I was looking into it yesterday and saw nothing more about it on SW's site!

It doesnt expire until 12/7